Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Trouble Broadcasting Live - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, Ill wait for those instructions.

Im assuming you were referring to broadcasting live on VirtualRadio? Also, I was referring to the Pioneer RMX station.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 14 @ 3:39 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Where inside your setup is the RMX located/embedded?

When you use it "after" the Master output you will need to have the second soundcard to bring back teh signal into the computer for broadcast or record ;-)

Posted Thu 23 Jan 14 @ 2:07 am
Hello Gang, This seems to be the same issue as I am having except I am not using an external mixer, Instead this is my set-up as I have it now:

iMac
Audio Interface = Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
Sennheiser Mic hooked up to 2i4
Powered AudioEngine 5+ Speakers
Martin Logan Sub
VDJ PRO BASIC
Nicecast to Broadcast

Now I was advised that I could do what I wanted to do which is more towards a Terrestrial Radio format to broadcast on-line with this set-up,
but I am totally ignorant to the much of the lingo involved with getting all my inputs and outputs set-up correctly.

For instance Since the 2i4 is a sound card and there is a sound card in the iMac, Do I now have a 2 sound card set-up?

My budget is not small, but I'm not looking to go overboard, I've been battling this whole thing for months and just get totally frustrated.
I can get Virtual Dj to broadcast effectively to Nicecast. But I can't seem to configure how to get the Mic into the stream. Nicecast has a "Voice Over" effect and I assume that is how I would be able to switch between Tracks played and seguewayed through VDJ and then talk between tracks through the mic.

Unless the set-up I have is not compatible with what I want to do and I need to get the proper software or hardware,
Any help or any point in a direction to another thread or topic that covers what I am trying to do would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Posted Sat 25 Jan 14 @ 8:14 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
sorry for hijacking

i wanted to broadcast today so i can try it out but couldnt work out why it wasnt.

now from reading this it makes sense now, i have one of these

but for some reason i get alot of current going threw me when handling it, is that ment to happen
is ther a better one than this one

Posted Sun 09 Feb 14 @ 3:11 am
benounsHome userMember since 2016

Posted Tue 22 Mar 16 @ 9:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)