Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Issue with SlideShow Atomix Production Plug-in

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I was using SlideShow plug-in Author: Atomix Production two weeks ago and it works very good, but I get a large spike in the cpu 75%+ in Smooth Transition.

I'm working with jpg picture files around 2.200 kb to 7.500 kb. It even slows down to a stop the deck progress needle, my Text2D and the SBDJ Scrolltext plug-in Text scrolling very very noticeably. Could someone look into this plug-in to see if they can replicate what I am experiencing & reporting.

I like this plug-in it does a really great job of enlarging small pictures.

Posted Thu 16 May 13 @ 11:25 am
Can anyone check this plug-in out to see if they get the same issues I\'m having...Please, Thanks

Image of plug-in, AtoMix production..

Posted Mon 20 May 13 @ 9:16 am
Joey, if you want to try the same thing in Essential Media 2.5 email me at:

donmoir@comcast.net

While it does not do slide shows directly from disk, it does them from pak files which can be loaded at any time and include images, video, audio, or whatever.

You can set a minimum display time for images and run the pak as autoplay or random.

This will be a beta version of EM 2.5 and I would like to see what kind of results you get.

By the way, it also includes an Essential Karaoke beta which has support for multiple windows.

Posted Mon 20 May 13 @ 1:08 pm
I use this plugin and the SBDJ version too (I display peoples pic during the party that I have taken).

The default Atomix Plugin, I noticed that if the PIC is a very big in SIZE (more than 2MB), I notice a hiccup on the neddle and the VIDEO on the screen (when I'm playing video files).
This plugin also STRECHES the pictures. No way of changing it. I ended getting a camera that do 1920x1080 so no picture are stretch.

SBDJ Plugin. It works smoothly better that the Atomix one. I does not stretch the pics. It will display it however it was taken.
No hiccups I see on the video output or deck needle.

The only thing I wish for SBDJ to fix is that when PICs are added to the folder, ti will not cyle/include those pictures. If I had 10 pics to begin with and added more pictures into the folder, it will only display the 10 original pictures only. I have to de-activate/activate the plugin for a work around.

ATM, I am using the ATOMIX one since I take pictures in 1920x1080 (don't have to worry about stretch, unless someone gives me some picx to display)

SBDJ says that a NEW version is coming (dunno when, its been a while now) and some new options also will be available. I can't wait for that version.

Here is thread for reading.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/75309/VirtualDJ_Plugins/Slideshow_picture_stretched_V5__SOLVED_.html?page=13

I have no freezing or halting issues with both plugins. Try changing the VIDEOMAX use (something like that) in the REGISTRY TOOL. I think I use 256 or 128 on mine.

Posted Wed 22 May 13 @ 8:05 am
Appreciate the input;
The problem here is that it works very good and no alternative, if you add additional pictures to the folder or change the folder, it keeps on ticking and does a pretty good job of rendering any size picture which I don't get with SBDJ's plug-in.

I have to use pictures from a pro photographer which goes around taking them at corporate events some fly in to do these different functions, so I have no control on what they give me.

The AtoMix plug-in works good for this, but having this problem I mentioned is an issue...

Would hope they can address this since that plug-in is old and needs to be updated....Hope the author will update this plug-in...

Posted Wed 22 May 13 @ 3:16 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I actually wrote an update that allows adding of files. I will see if I can dig it out.

Posted Wed 22 May 13 @ 4:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)