Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: [NEW] Pioneer DDJ-SX - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdad wrote :

The only difference is the 2nd HOTCUES panel which is not Hotcues 9..16 as the default panel, but EFFECTS like the Mapper of Phantom.
Other than that it follows the default mapper.

I will post details later

That would be great. I'm not 100% on what the above means, but I would love to know.
Perhaps some instructions with the details?

GREAT WORK too. Again. They need to add more room for more stars on your profile. ;-)

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 6:14 pm
It is great, I been having fun paying with it, still don't see and effect for the video mix, can't make any grit change, maybe i over look. Great job

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 8:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
djjameslake wrote :
would it be possible to include a 1900x1200 resolution for 17" screens at some point please.

1920x resolutions will be added soon.

Posted Wed 20 Mar 13 @ 8:34 pm
ok, so 7.4 is out.... What will this do to my changed settings in my DDJ-SX Mappings???? Will I have to edit them??

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:27 am
The default mapper is quite different than the one Phantom made. If you need to give the skin and the default mapper a try, you will have to remove (backup) the DDJ-SX files from your Devices and Mappers folder

Basically, the default mapper has the default slip_mode, and the Loops are mapped as Roll Loops.
Another thing that you will notice is that you are also able to use 3 effects slots (activate with MULTI FX) instead of a single slot.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:35 am
Greetings, I notice that when you change the functions sx and vdj pionner ddj, for example when I place ROLL, Hot Cue the skin ... I hope I explained well, greetings.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:52 pm
Does anyone now of a manual for the native mapping configuration in 7.4?

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 12:57 pm
djdad:

In battle mode you cannot see the Smart Loop button when its off.

Is it possible to have the crossfader change from audio to video when switching from the Mixer Tab to the Video Tab.

Could a pitch lock button be added to the skin?

Thank You.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 5:09 pm
Smart Loop is available in Battle View. Its right under the LOOP text.

Pitchlock can be added. Noted for the update.

Regarding the Audi0-Video crossfader, i made that so that you can see both of them , in whatever Mixer View you are in. I believe that the most common usage is to have the Audio Crossfader on sight, and the LINK enabled, so the Video crossfader will actually follow the AUDIO one.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 5:40 pm
djdad wrote :

Pitchlock can be added. Noted for the update.

Regarding the Audi0-Video crossfader, i made that so that you can see both of them , in whatever Mixer View you are in. I believe that the most common usage is to have the Audio Crossfader on sight, and the LINK enabled, so the Video crossfader will actually follow the AUDIO one.

djdad wrote :

Sorry I meant to say in Full View Mode. The Smart loop button is black when off. You can't tell it's there. Also I just noticed it's only for Deck 1.

djdad wrote :

I sometimes unlink my crossfaders and run my video crossfader using a separate controller. With the default VDJ 7 Skins the crossfader changes from audio to video depending on your selected panel and if you always keep them linked it doesn't interfere with does users.

Thank You,

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 6:26 pm
Ok, that was a bug with the Smart loop. Will fix and update very soon.

As for the Video /Audio crossfader, i could come up with a script to use with your Pioneer when you change the MIxer/Video/Scratch panels to make the crossfader visible as you want.

Will post the script later.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 7:16 pm
samirdj21 wrote :
Greetings, I notice that when you change the functions sx and vdj pionner ddj, for example when I place ROLL, Hot Cue the skin ... I hope I explained well, greetings.

Greetings, someone feels the same with the skin? eg put the rmx2 skin, when the mode button changes the function of the pads, and the skin changes to the selected ...

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 9:10 pm
Sorry, indeed there was a bug. Fixed now. Please re-download the skin.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 10:07 pm
djdad wrote :
Ok, that was a bug with the Smart loop. Will fix and update very soon.

As for the Video /Audio crossfader, i could come up with a script to use with your Pioneer when you change the MIxer/Video/Scratch panels to make the crossfader visible as you want.

Will post the script later.

Thank you very much.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 13 @ 11:45 pm
Dj Hey Dad, thank you very much, now if you change the options of the pads on the skin, but e noted otherwise in the pads when you select it hotcue fxs to work, not working, still working as pillows hotcues .. .

Posted Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 4:14 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey DJ Dad,

awesome skin mate - nice work, hopefully a 1920*1080 resolution comes soon.

small remarks:
- can you add the CPU usage also in real figures or make some markers every 10%
- As i'm only using 2 decks (other ones are used for mic & CD player) is it possible to have a 2 deck version or a button to swap between 2 or 4 decks, seen this in your VMS4 skin that I've used so far.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 5:25 pm
johans wrote :

- As i'm only using 2 decks (other ones are used for mic & CD player) is it possible to have a 2 deck version or a button to swap between 2 or 4 decks, seen this in your VMS4 skin that I've used so far.

Would be very much appreciated.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 5:31 pm
Hot Cues.... Rarely used, yet they the first thing on the pads. Grrrrrrr.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 6:58 pm
I'm a two-deck DJ also, so that screen real estate would be nice to have back.
And when you do revisions on the skin, can you please note Rev2, 3, 4, etc.
Just so we know when it's been updated on the download page.
Thanks,

Posted Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 7:55 pm
Guys, there will not be a 2 decks version, at least not anytime soon. The Battle View is quite small with plenty of browser and in the Decks View, even if i remove Decks 3 and 4, there wont be any difference, as the mixer needs some height. It will require a different layout, so its in the bottom my todo list at the moment.

As i have previously mentioned, the skin follows the default mapper, except of the 2nd HotCues panel which actually follows the Mapper of Phantom. I will provide you instructions on how to change the effects in the skin and the actions needed in the mapper, even though i might upload a custom mapper combining the above.

Instructions to change the EFFECTS in the Skin.

Unzip the skin to a folder and open the xml file of the resolution you need to edit.
Use Notepad or similar text Editor.
Find the effect u wish to change E.g. Beatgrid and replace with the desired effect.
There will be 8 results. 4 are the effect name (action="..") and the other 4 are the texts u see on the skin (text ..format="...."). The texts u see on the skin are capitals.
So there will be 4 beatgrid and 4 BEATGRID
If u wish to have Flanjet instead of Beatgrid, u need to replace beatgrid with flanjet and BEATGRID with FLANJET

Repeat that for every effect u wish to change. The effects used in the skin are the same Phantom used on his mapper
beatgrid, flanger, brake, backspin, echo, loopout, overloop & echodoppler

Instructions to change the EFFECTS in the Default Mapper.
Delete any SX files u may have in Devices and Mapper folder
Goto CONFIG button -->Mappers tab and select the SX from the drop down menu
Find the keys as named below and assign them as ..
GROUP1_PAD1 --->effect "beatgrid" active
GROUP1_PAD2 --->effect "flanger" active
GROUP1_PAD3 --->effect "brake" active
GROUP1_PAD4 --->effect "backspin" active
GROUP1_PAD5 --->effect "echo" active
GROUP1_PAD6 --->effect "loopout" active
GROUP1_PAD7 --->effect "overloop" active
GROUP1_PAD8 --->effect "echodoppler" active

Note those are the first 8 FXs from Phantom's mapper (not all 16)

Posted Fri 22 Mar 13 @ 9:21 pm
43%