Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ Video Effects - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 11:16 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The simple solution is to run dxwebsetup from Microsoft. This will install the files that are missing from a default DX install, including DX11.

Posted Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 3:49 pm
ronanfPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI SBDJ

im having the same issue i tried the setup but its says my directx 11 is uptodate

Posted Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 1:28 am
You ran dxwebsetup from MS? What is the exact error message you are getting?

I've built lots of machines with DX11 and dxwebsetup always installs the missing DX9 libs. The only time I've seen problem is where someone has been manually copying DLLs around in the past.

Posted Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 8:43 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 1:03 am

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 7:40 pm
YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!

Ill have my Mac Thursday and this is defiantly getting used!!

Posted Tue 19 Feb 13 @ 8:00 pm
Can you tell me how the syphon works?? Madmapper isnt finding VDJ neither is VTP.

Posted Fri 22 Feb 13 @ 9:48 pm
Hey SBDJ!

Thanks for the awesome plugins bro. I noticed you have a countdown plugin but it seems like it only half-functions on VDJ 7.3.

I'm looking specifically for a video effect or plugin that will display a running clock on screen, which can be programmable either by seconds or minutes, with adjustable fonts/colors and x/y coordinates. I have a gig coming up next Thursday where I need to display a running clock over a video or static image for DJ's who are compet against one another.

Just wanted to see if there was anything out there that has that functionality, or if you might be able to point me in the right direction!

(I would code it myself in C# using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, but have no idea how to program VDJ apps from scratch!)

Please let me know. Thanks boss =)

-J

Posted Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 1:40 am
Huey - you just enable it. Worked for me in Madmapper and Resolume.

VJRebirth - let me have a look.

Posted Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 4:21 am
When launched what should it say in the pop up?? I get a terminal pop,. forget what it says right now but it's something to the effect of task not completed.

Posted Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 6:04 am
There shouldn't be a popup - you should see nothing in VDJ other than the fact the effect is active.

Posted Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 10:28 am
Just tested again:

Downloaded syphonserver, copied automatically unzipped bundle to VideoEffect.
Opened VirtualDJ, loaded a video (automatic video activation on) and started it playing
Selected syphonserver and activated
Minimize VirtualDJ and Open MadMapperDemo
Under Syphon "VirtualDJ Pro Full" is listed, click on it and I see the video in MadMapper

Thats it :)

If you get different results, then let me know exactly what happens so I can look into it.

Posted Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 10:32 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi Scott, I recently purchased Resolume could you tell me how to set it up to work with VDJ..

Thanks
Joey...

Posted Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 12:51 pm
Thanks Scott, you never said I had to place into to effects folder, lol!! That's what the problem was. Maybe add it to the description for other people like me who are not that tech savvy, lmao!! It now shows up in Madmapper & VTP.

Now only if my DJM T-1 would work with VDJ as a soundcard on the Mac side I'd be happy........

Posted Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 3:21 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
Hi Scott, I recently purchased Resolume could you tell me how to set it up to work with VDJ..

Mac only - just enable Syphon in Resolume preferences and follow the steps above. Syphon is under Sources in Resolume once enabled.

Posted Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 7:55 pm
Thanks for looking into the Countdown SBDJ! I appreciate it! =)

-J

Posted Sun 24 Feb 13 @ 12:43 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
SBDJ wrote :
JoeyKJ wrote :

Mac only - just enable Syphon in Resolume preferences and follow the steps above. Syphon is under Sources in Resolume once enabled.

I have xPro os pc laptop, what steps would I have to do to use it with or thru VDJ?

Thanks

Posted Sun 24 Feb 13 @ 2:44 pm
Syphon can only be used under OS X, between applications on the same computer.

To use it, follow the steps above I gave Huey - in Resolume you enable Syphon in Video Preferences.

Posted Sun 24 Feb 13 @ 7:32 pm
So now that we can use Syphon with VDJ, can the same be said about QC (Quartz Composition)??

Posted Sat 02 Mar 13 @ 3:38 pm
77%