Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ Video Effects - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

HELP HELP HELP!!!! I'm at my gig in downtown Palm Springs! Packed dance floor and after the update, when I hit the cam effect my computer stops charging. It completely shut off on me and I blamed it on the amps getting too hot! My computer won't charge or hold a charge at all anymore :-( great update but can u possibly look into that for meme? I have 3 HUGE gigs all before Saturday and the club tomorrow (friday) thanks SBDJ :-) ♪

lightningfb wrote :
SBDJ wrote :
Any better for you lightningfb?

Yes! Much better. Thank you for the quick update. Not one crash last night. Runs much smoother,, still a little high on the CPU meeter but that may just be a RAM issue as I'm on rumning 2Gs.. Ill upgrade to 4 and see if that helps. I understand that the cam plugin is a heavy effect but its definitely much more smooth! When my vids became choppy I just turned off the cam and everything was fine. Thanks again SBDJ :-)

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 2:15 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I can't to see how my camera plugin could prevent your computer from charging. I suspect you have a hardware fault I'm afraid :(

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 6:03 am
I was wondering the same thing.. I thought I was crazy at first but then I tested it a bunch of times and sure enough I was right.. I click the cam effect anf my battery status goes to "no charging" and I turn off the effect, it goes right back to "charging" the battery went from a full charge to 12% with 4 minutes of life remaining in about 20 minuts. I cant ffigure out why. This has never happened before. Do you have any suggestions as to what I may check or how to troubleshoot my hardware?
SBDJ wrote :
I can't to see how my camera plugin could prevent your computer from charging. I suspect you have a hardware fault I'm afraid :(

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 1:29 pm
Tried running the camera under another ap and seeing if the charging stops there too?

Posted Wed 09 May 12 @ 11:15 am
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
synthet1c wrote :
cool fx scott! for anyone that cant get them to work download this
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

Thanks Synthe1c for this information, it's was all I needed to get Scott's GREAT ! FX working.

Scott, I don't know where you find the time to create these effect but
I would like to thank you for giving VDJ an even better video kick.

VDJ...!!! You may want to take a good look at what Scott is adding.
His effect are very COOL and work every time I select them, plus
these effect (FX) helps VDJ look ever better than it already does.

I didn't down load all of your FX Scott because I'm more interested in effect and not so much about TEXT stuff.
However, I will take a better look at them later this week and maybe change my opinion.

Anyway, I just need to thanks you guys for making my first time using video so very cool.

-Jesse (aka CadDog)... :o)

Posted Tue 11 Sep 12 @ 10:35 am
Since you asked here it goes...

I saw a video from S#rat@...

It was very cool. Let me see if I can tell you what I saw....

The effect starts like it is a grid but slowly starts to break apart and tumbling down...
Like a earthquake effect. I can't remember what they called it but it was a very cool effect.

I don't know if you can match or create this effect but I thought I would ask.

Thanks for the ones you have created so far...

Posted Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 12:38 pm
Thats a transition. I've got a few new ones in the works you'll be happy to know.

From your previous post, I'm not sure if you realise but I do actually work for Atomix so I think they are aware ;)

Posted Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 12:44 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Thats a transition. I've got a few new ones in the works you'll be happy to know.

From your previous post, I'm not sure if you realise but I do actually work for Atomix so I think they are aware ;)

Hey...!!!

Me So happy they cooked you... :)

I can't wait for your new stuff. Like I said before, every effect I tried has worked and they are cool.

I have found, since I can't really mess with the video themselves,
that by adding these types of effect helps the viewer think they are watching something new.
But like we all know; "A little goes a long way"

(My control video to test with is "Jessie J - Price Tag" simply background I can see and understand how to work the effect.)

Thanks Scott I'll be waiting on pins and needles until your next release... :o)

Please keep up the great work...!!!

and VDJ make sure you pay this guy Well because he's a keeper...

Posted Wed 12 Sep 12 @ 2:17 pm
Hi Scott,

Any rough idea when the v.2 Scrolltext Plugin will be available for the Mac users?

Cheers

Posted Mon 17 Sep 12 @ 4:30 pm

Posted Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 5:38 pm
Sweeet Scott!!! I'm on it...

Posted Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 8:01 pm
Ok this is super fresh!!
Now if it had keystone then I could use any background ;-)

Thank You Scott!!

Posted Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 8:34 pm
I've got a better plugin coming for keystone ;)

Posted Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 8:42 pm
AWESOME!!!

Posted Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 8:43 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Scott can you update the creation date on the download page so it doesn't get confused with the old version.

Sorry they may not be approved yet..

Thanks,
Joey..

Posted Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 11:18 pm
What do you mean?

Posted Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 7:19 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
SBDJ wrote :
Rather than post single threads, I'm going to have one single thread with download links added as they are approved. I will also be tweeting plugin releases and development thoughts too (SBDJ) with the hashtag VirtualDJ.

Okay, what I mean is, you have at the top of your effects list a Date of 12/01/12, which to me it mean current updated list of effects available for download.

Well if you click on the first one "Negative" on the list it bring you to that download page and you'll notice that the created date on that plugin is 22- Jan - 12, not 01 - Dec- 12, ..Needless to say I got a little confused when I saw this plugin has not been approved because it doesn't have the current date you posted on the thread of 12/01/12..

So maybe an "Approved" labeling on each plugin listed would be less confusing with a date.... If you’re keeping the same thread,... if you're opening a new thread I think that will cause even more confusion..

Thanks Scott..

Posted Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 11:37 am
My dates are UK format, and plugins aren't listed until they are approved?

Your first example, Negative, was uploaded on 12th Jan and approved on 22nd Jan, and is still available now.

Posted Thu 29 Nov 12 @ 11:46 am
ronanfPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI

Im having a problem with Scroll text and scroll text v2

the issue with V1 is that i dont seem to have the active button or the text area on the right anymore. what am i missing?

and the issue with V2 is when I use firetext plug in it works for a minute and then slows down and ends up like a little box in the top cornor of the screen.

is there a known conflict?

Posted Fri 30 Nov 12 @ 10:13 pm
I've got direct X11 on a new lappy but it says I am missing d3dx9_43.dll . Wouldn't a newer version include that file? My old Pentium 4 using direct X9 has it and your effects (showlogo ones) work fine. My new lappy asks for that file "missing"??, when I use this ShowLogo transition??

My Big Question: Do I need to downgrade to get this in, but I do not want to ruin what I do have installed? I have bad luck in doing these sort of things.

What is that I need to do without damaging or downgrading what I do have, in order to get this Transition working?

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 10:55 pm
62%