Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: [New Skin] GROM - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

thanks for your quick response (as usual ;o))
So I have to to wait....

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 9:15 am
hey, love the skin dj dad,

but just wanted to know if there is an option on it to reset the pitch to zero, I use tt's and usually need to reset it every few songs.

Don't worry I found it LOL

Posted Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 1:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you seek such a feature in this skin, then you haven't join the G.R.O.M. Club yet :p

Posted Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 4:20 am
DJGCEPRO InfinityMember since 2009
there actually is a pitch reset dude, its small though, so the arrows hide it. and it actually is pretty useful for controllers, because sometimes it doesnt reset to the actual bpm

Posted Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 9:15 pm
also I saw that you said in the slip mode post, that you can just edit a line to have the skin control more decks. I was wondering if I change the line to 3 decks, do you still have all the transport controls without seeing them on the screen. I want to be able use:

deck 1 clone_deck 3 & deck 1 stop

but then map my xone 1d to control all of the transport functions for the third deck... would that be possible with this skin?

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 2:49 am
DJGCE wrote :
there actually is a pitch reset dude, its small though, so the arrows hide it. and it actually is pretty useful for controllers, because sometimes it doesnt reset to the actual bpm

Actually there is a pitch reset. You may rightclick the PitchLock. It will smoothly get the pitch back to zero. If you want instant zero pitch, you can dblclick the pitch slider fader

synthet1c wrote :
also I saw that you said in the slip mode post, that you can just edit a line to have the skin control more decks. I was wondering if I change the line to 3 decks, do you still have all the transport controls without seeing them on the screen. I want to be able use:

deck 1 clone_deck 3 & deck 1 stop

but then map my xone 1d to control all of the transport functions for the third deck... would that be possible with this skin?

You may edit the first line of the skin and change the nddecks number to 4 in order to have 2 additional decks for slip mode to each deck. Those decks will be real, but you will not see them in the skin, and you will not hear the echo sound of those decks if you keep your sound configuration to 2 decks.

Example the first line of the 1366X768 skin should look like ..
<Skin name="GROM ver1.0" version="7" width="1366" height="768" nbdecks="4">

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 12:23 pm
Is there a way to unload the decks on this skin?

Posted Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 8:05 pm
AC the idea of the skin is to avoid mouse, so just assign a keyboard shortcut for this.

Posted Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 8:57 pm
No disrespect intended. I love this skin because of the extra browser space just used to the old way of ejecting the deck. I will Map a key for that. Thanx for my new favorite skin. :)

Posted Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 10:14 pm
May I ask for a variation in color on the skin? I have no idea what I'm doing so I'm not even going to bother attempting this.

If you can swing it, or agree to alter it: In HTML color code I'd like to see deck 1 (#0099FF) and deck 2 (#00FF00)

Thanx for your consideration.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 12:23 am
It's not that simple. Its not some kind of color code i can change easily. Try to edit the bmp file using a graphics software, but it will be hard too.

Or do you mean just the waveforms?

Posted Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 8:40 am
No worries. I will try playing with the color on the bmp file, but it won't be easy. You're right. Didn't know if your master skin coding had a color key to input new codes.

Thanx for the response.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 1:12 pm
I used the new rhythmzone syntax for the waveforms, and you can edit the xml file and change those html color codes. You may also edit the colors of the textzones.
But buttons, platters and various graphics, only by editing the bmp file.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 3:07 pm
Update

G.R.O.M. ver 1.1

Download Link :
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12902/GROM.html

Ver 1.1
1. Added New Hidden Title Panels
2. Added various browser font sized panels.

1. Artist and Title are now in panel, which can be hidden in case you don't want to show those infos to public.
Those 2 panels are toggling using that eye icon, but the Grom's users would like this keyboard shortcut too ;)
skin_panel 'left_title_hidden' on ? skin_panel 'left_title_visible' on & skin_panel 'right_title_visible' on : skin_panel 'left_title_hidden' on & skin_panel 'right_title_hidden' on

2. Many users ask often how to change the font size in browser. Now its easier ! Grom includes 14,15,16,17 and 18 font sizes, and you can easily change that using those buttons on the bottom of the skin.
In case you need a script for those buttons, let me know. It has to do with an initial adjustment, so mouse is permitted here :)

Enjoy !

Posted Sun 17 Apr 11 @ 7:14 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
This Skin looks pretty cool... Thanks a lot mate.
And I'm also looking forward to the 4 deck version :)

Posted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 4:35 am
TOP!!!

Posted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 7:13 am
PachN wrote :
And I'm also looking forward to the 4 deck version :)

Me too, but so or so this is really a great piece of skin-art.

Posted Fri 22 Apr 11 @ 4:14 am
haha, gotta love the german-english translation (so or so) I'm guessing means "either way"?

Sorr, that made me chuckle

Posted Fri 22 Apr 11 @ 9:19 am
cbgraphix wrote :
I'm guessing means "either way"?

Yes Sir ;o)
...was a kind of easter egg *lol*

Posted Fri 22 Apr 11 @ 12:39 pm
Great skin!!!

Can you ad a 1280 - 1024 please?

Regards

Posted Wed 04 May 11 @ 3:14 pm
58%