Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Flash logo and Flash movies for VDJ Flash plugins - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

wallterHome userMember since 2010
I've discovered very, very hidden secret: Don is a karaoke fan! Here's some fun stuff to recover him from boring programming and coding stuff:

[link removed]

Explanation: my 3D virtual chick over mp3+g karaoke video. Please pay attention on chick's shadow!

I have done some mp3+g karaoke stuff before. You know already: mp3 instrumental + cdg file in zip, bla bla. One is always better than two, even zipped. Working on a CDG to FLV convert, the result is this: from 7 MB karaoke zip to 5 MB single FLV, with the same quality. Anyone's birthday? Here:

[link removed]

Copyrights? Well, I made this... in the style of... Enjoy!

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 5:55 pm
So maybe you'd like to make your own flash movie? Wallter can do it and he's just an NLU ;-), so how difficult that could be?? Adobe Flash is eehhhm, not an option for some reasons... Mix-FX is too restrictive and simple...
Let's try with Xara... remeber that drawing neat thing, always better than CorelDraw? Here it is, with some tutorials and pics:

http://www.xara.com/us/products/designer/flash/

Making flash SWF is cool because your texts over screen will be sharp as a knife, won't mess with any other stuff in the background.Try this out so we can later go to transparent FLV... And remember, silence is golden... but dumb. Smart guys always ask, so they can make things on their own.

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 3:21 am
Karaoke again ;-) oops! Well, there is no official standard for transparent FLV karaoke, I just made it up a few days ago. But, it could be unique and fresh breakthrough. Let's see an example:

[link removed]

Explanation: Make two instances of Ess. Flash plugin. Start VDJ, load some clipbank video for constant background. Load some SWF visualization over the 1st instance. Then load transparent FLV karaoke over the 2nd instance so it can be over everything. Then you can change SWF visualizations over 1st instance as you wish. Visualizations are rich, but smooth in the background. Karaoke words are sharp and over everything because of it's transparent background.

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 6:32 am
GO wallter - excellent and nice distraction :)

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 7:40 am
Walter and his women, lol!! Nice work.

Thanks for the time and info
Huey

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 10:43 am
Just a teaser, still working on it...

[link removed]

Wanna get rid off of that ugly green background on your mp3+g's? I bet you want... Stay tuned...

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 11:18 am
This week Huey and I promised you one for this weekend.

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 11:19 am

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 11:19 am
Cool one, Tieck! It's SWF and it's big, so I could bet on Xara3D ;-) I recommend you to make two instances of plugin, so the first could play your logo in the corner and second one save for visuals...

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 11:32 am
Just a quick note:

The release version has unique data files for each instance of the Essential Flash plugin. So each one is treated completely separately.

I suggest something like EssentialFlash.dll, EssentialFlash2.dll etc that way they are all together.

Also each one can be colored differently to help you keep track.

Don

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 12:40 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey guys, used and recommended Xara for some years now Ivan so your spot on (as usual... lol) for it been a quick and simple method of getting moving logos onto to screen.

Sorry not been able to give as much imput onto your thread Ivan as I would have liked, but you know with the house move and things I'm still trying to catch up with everything, but will try to give a bit more time over to the thread as you know it is a subject I like playing around with.

cheers.

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 2:35 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
wallter wrote :
Karaoke again ;-) oops! Well, there is no official standard for transparent FLV karaoke, I just made it up a few days ago. But, it could be unique and fresh breakthrough. Let's see an example:

[link removed]

Explanation: Make two instances of Ess. Flash plugin. Start VDJ, load some clipbank video for constant background. Load some SWF visualization over the 1st instance. Then load transparent FLV karaoke over the 2nd instance so it can be over everything. Then you can change SWF visualizations over 1st instance as you wish. Visualizations are rich, but smooth in the background. Karaoke words are sharp and over everything because of it's transparent background.

Hi Walter...

I'm interested in the Karaoke BackDrop and flash image behind the Karaoke words scrolling in front for some hot songs in my show. What are the items I need to accomblish this task similar to your example..

Nice Job Walter...

Thanks,

Joey....

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 3:48 pm
Well, as I said before, according to mp3+g's, this is still on surgery table, the best results are with uncompressed AVI format which is huge, so I'm still checking other formats. But, stick around, I don't like unfinished stuff...

Regarding on my example, here's the stuff:

[link removed] transparent karaoke example

[link removed] dancer in shadow example (for clipbank)

[link removed] Flash swf movies for background

Follow my text and you'll make it work...

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 4:24 pm
According to transparent mp3+g's, I'm almost there:

[link removed]

Using software from TV station I used to work for... Transparent FLV around 90 MB, still not acceptable, but still perfect. In clipbank is 'karaoke show movie' from 1st page of this thread. I'm not planning to upload big files, so wait a bit more for perfect example to play with it. My goal is to make it simple for everyone, in one or two steps...

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 5:50 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
........Nice One, Thank You Walter, I'm looking forward to it......

Joey.....

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 10:04 pm
This one's for Joey and Paul... Example is ok if you want a few mp3+g's for showing off around.

Use AVS Converter to convert mp3+g (unzip it first) to compressed AVI 640x480. This will be huge.
http://www.cdgconverter.net/convert-cdg-to-video.html

Import that AVI in Sony Vegas and follow the story to distract background color over VideoFX/Chroma keyer.
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegassoftware

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/874785

Use this cute little app to click on movie screen in Vegas and find out the colour to distract ( let's say RGB - RED: 0 ; GREEN: 79 ; BLUE: 77 )
http://nattyware.com/pixie.php

Vegas will do it in second, export the movie to transparent AVI 640x480 (this will be more huge ;-)

Import that AVI into the Sorenson Squeeze and find the preset for Adobe Flash video (.flv): F8 480p. Doubleclick on it and check the setup: codec should be 'On2 VP6 Pro', check 'Compress alpha data' and include mp3 under audio tab. Click OK and then APPLY. Then go to tab JOB and click on SQUEEZE IT.
http://www.sorensonmedia.com/video-encoding/

The result is a perfect Flash .flv transparent karaoke movie, ready to be loaded over flash plugin (about 90 MB). As i said, this is not simple yet, but if you want to be unique and kicking, learn a few things more, just give it a try.

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 4:35 am
Hi Wallter,

I´m using Ulead Cool 3D Studio, it´s very simple and not expensive program.
For all other, it is woth to try.

Best regards Tomas

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 5:44 am
Thanks for info, Tieck! This is so confusing, Xara 3d can produce similar effects and it fooled me.

I hope that my tutorial for creating transparent karaoke files from MP3+G's was clear enough. If you feel lost in all that stuff, but you really, really need it anyhow, google me by words 'flash karaoke transparent' and I'll find some free time for you. And that will cost you some, sorry ;-).

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 3:50 pm
I've been playing around with Ess. Flash plugin and one thing just pop in my eyes. There are some flash swf and flv movies containing a real shadow of featured object in the movie. When you load some music video from VDJ and then load flash movie from plugin, it creates a cool 3D look. The baloons are flying in front of your video, just like they came from some other world. See here:

[link removed]

Get flying baloons here: [link removed]

So why would you bother youself buying expensive new screens with suspicious 3D support, if you can simply make your own screens look like real 3D? ;-)))

Posted Sat 02 Apr 11 @ 4:55 am
Yeah Walter I've been able to do that with bluff on some of the animated logos I've created. It is fresh!

Huey

Posted Sat 02 Apr 11 @ 11:14 am
50%