Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Flash logo and Flash movies for VDJ Flash plugins - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

wallterHome userMember since 2010
Really cool effect: Start Ess. Visuals voting stuff, then start Ess. Flash with my transparent hip hop dude FLV dancing and looping over it ;-) See bellow:

[link removed]

You can make it with FT VDJRobot and Firetext texting, too. One thing to remember: using two different plugins together results with higher CPU usage, about 60% for both developers. This is interesting because it puts Ess. Flash in the same position with FT VDJRobot... See what I mean?

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 8:45 am
I'm only getting 20/25% on an ASUS Core 2 Duo with 3 gig RAM and an NVIDIA card with 1 gig of RAM. Bounces around 20/25% while playing a video.

Huey

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 9:07 am
Strange... for me, both are the same:

Ess. Flash + Pangolin ess. + music video: [link removed]

VDJRobot + Firetext texting + music video: [link removed]

My Dell is DualCore 1.87, 2 GB DRAM3, Intel's orphant ;-) video card integrated... and just sold my Fujitsu i3, damm. Pickin' on a new red Toshiba, but it looks kinda girlie, I must swallow my pride somehow. Never mind, I'll make a clean install to W7 Enterprise, and try this again.
BTW, I'm making a huge collection of my FLV transparent clips, there will be everything, from explosions, burning fire, particles, nice girls in various positions ;-) not naked, daahhh) and it will be for sale somewhere on the web. But, I'm just starting... it would take some time, but I'm over with gifts (birthdays not counted).

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 9:57 am
Wallter, A while back I increased the CPU usage for FLV files for smoother playback with the intent of recovering the increase later. Huey had mentioned this earilier so I have him a newer version of the plugin which has better performance for FLV files. I have yet to put this newer version up but the better CPU usage can be substantial. It all depends on the FLV. Now huey says he could not notice the smoohness from pre-rc7. That too also depends on the FLV. If its a noisy FLV this its not as noticable. If its digitally produced its easy for me to tell. I can also allow this to be tuned by you for better CPU usage versus smoother playback but still kind of debating... This does not effect SWF playback.

Don

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 10:19 am
I think I downloaded rc-8 from somewhere and it's easy CPU consumer, about 30% max. with swf, flv's are little higher. It's cool, no doubt about it. But I've been pointing to some other thing. VDJRobot is roommate with texting software and that's why there's higher CPU usage. When I played Ess. Visuals and Ess. Flash in the same time, CPU usage is as the same as VDJRobot with FT. But, maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's because of my laptop stuff. I could ask Beatbreaker to try VDJRobot, but I'm scared to death if that will produce some accidental international tendencies ;-). Nooo, where's that yellow bus...

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 11:49 am
@wallter thanks for pointing that out, the issue with @beatbreaker1 lappy is something on our plugin - I believe regarding the capture interface - we dig deep into direct x graph to extract cameras and was proven some users had problems with the plugin but lately solved, adding web cameras or removing the virtual devices, unfortunately we wasn't able to make it working on his lappy :( So even if he can run FireTextVDJRobot he will be unable to connect to plugin, but as said I'm proud to inform we will extract the flash and video feature off the full FireText plugin so everyone will be able to test without the fully featured FireText plugin - only flash and avi.

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 12:04 pm
RC-9 has the improved FLV playback which I have not put up...It all depends though on screen size, video size, compression type, key frames etc... Some videos have substanitial imrpovement and some not. EV is a very low CPU consumer... EF depends on Flash so if you run flash outside of VDJ and inside it should be approximately the same CPU wise... but it can be better in the plugin... just all depends...

All the effort with FLV files was to maintain better smoothness vs CPU... Originally I let the FLV files playback at a reduced smoothness to get better CPU usage but my thinking was to give you the best quality as the audience might appreciate that... so its a balance and may eventually let you set this..

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 12:37 pm
@Don: There's no point in making sliders for better or worst flash reproduction, leave it just as it is, a few %'s more CPU doesn't make any difference in whole picture.

@Firetext: Honestly, I like it this way when VDJ Robot is apart of the plugin, don't need to mess with anything in plugins area once you activated it. There could be some playlist option for faster changing movies, but then... I would miss that cool preview window.
But that's just me ;-) nagging again...

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 1:48 pm
Heres a screen shot, hope it shows but running both plugins on top of a video thats playing my cpu is 24%,

Huey

Edit: well you cant tell from this pic buts its low which is good.

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 5:13 pm
Nice template, Beatbreaker... Almost the same CPU here on mine laptop, but when I load some of those demo templates with scrolling text, CPU just goes up.

[link removed]

Maybe that scrolling text is CPU consumer, I'm confused here. This could be checked with some other scrolling plugin, but that's unavailable for me, sorry. I'm tired of all those comparing, I'll just wait for some upgrades and try it then.

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 3:39 am
Wallter not sure with what is going on with you with scrolling panel but there is no reason I can think of that it should cause any CPU problem.

Did you read my PM ?

edit: lol ok wallter sent you email

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 4:12 am
Nope, I'm an NLU. You can't reach me over PM, I guess. Some restrictions on forum, maybe. You got my email, remeber... Ivan? That nagging mate? ;-)

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 4:22 am
Don's cold heart has melted down for a second, so here's a working demo Ess. Flash for me to play. First impression: I used to work on TV station as an graphic and video editor... I wish I have had this stuff in that time. In coop with VDJ it's possible to do a miracle. Here's little example on YouTube:

[link removed]

In short, I mixed karaoke with some flash visuals. I did everything to disturb my hip hop dancing FLV dude and make his life miserable by throwing some balls and such stuff ;-)). It's been screen recorded, so it's not perfect due to VDJ demo restrictions. The result is very impressive for me, if anyone sees anything unussual, I'll be glad to explain.
Game on, Wayne!

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 8:00 am
There are some rumours on the web about some new, ugly virus in swf format... I think I can give you some more explanations. That SWF file is part of an XLS file, so if you open that bad, bad XLS file in MS Excel, you will start that bad, bad SWF file and possibly it can cause crashing the whole PC. So, starting only that bad SWF in Flash player or VDJ plugin will cause NOTHING. NADA. It won't work. Guess this is clear enough. Honestly, I don't know about any decent remixer having MS Office on his machine... it's so... nerdish ;-)

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 8:47 am
@Don & Walter, when you guys says talk about a flash video being "noisy" what actually do you mean?? Sorry if its a dumb question still learning this stuff, lol!

Huey

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 9:55 am
Noisy flash video... every video causing mess and blur on screen. I'm not that hard on SWF, Don will explain it better. But for FLV, let's go.

Noisy FLV - Start some music video in VDJ and then start EF plugin with my example of 'Transparent Shadow dancer' FLV. Play with transparency and you will see on transparent areas a small gray particles that left from converting. I extracted only pure black color, so these gray areas are left, cause it's been shadowy from the start. But if you play with transparency, you can hide it.

Clean FLV - Start some visualizations in VDJ over clipbank plugin and then start EF plugin with my example of 'Transparent karaoke' (FLV, not the SWF one). You will see karaoke words sharp as a knife over visualizations, because I made it transparent from beggining (no other colours on that area but pure black).

Look at my last youtube example on youtube and you'll see what is clean and what is noisy. But it's not as bad at all in reality (on big screen) as it is on my youtube example (YT sucks, everybody knows;-).

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 11:52 am
Ok I get it. Nice!

Learn something new every day
Huey

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 12:08 pm
Jeez, you missed the main goal ;-) For that last example I've made 2 instances of EF plugin. Played karaoke video from VDJ, started 1st EF instance with 'hip hop dude' FLV looping and then 2nd instance of EF with changing visuals in background (some of them were noisy ;-). You can replace 2nd instance with some other flash plugin, but I think it's not acceptable in your case, LOL! Where's my yellow bus...

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 12:21 pm
My favourite blonde mixed with some flash 'clean' SWF's, just picked from playlists occassionally. There is some beauty in that clean flash graphics, you'd need a whole days to make this in some other software, took me only 5 minutes to make it (screen it), uploading takes much longer. I'm so proud of that explosion in last scene, just in time with the sound... God, I'm a joker ;-)

[link removed]

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 2:59 pm
Very well put together Wallter :)

Huey about noise generally I was more or less talking about video taken with camera rather digital clean lines. Normally in camera video, at least cheap camera video, there's some static, artifacts, etc. But camera video can also contain a lot more information. Digital can also have artifacts but tends to be cleaner. With camera video and a lot of noise or more information, the frames tend to blend together better and smoothness becomes less of an issue. With a clean digital video, you can pick smooth verus a little jerky playback easier. Anyway, this is what I see as my eyes become more red as I am staring at the screen :) So reason I took great care to make the videos playback smoothly in either case.

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 3:26 pm
43%