Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: [NEW] [OTHER] WatchDog v1.0 Alpha - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Trust me I'd use CueEvents a whole lot more if it was stable, lol!! There's a few other things I use it for also but Scott says he's got something like CueEvents 2.0 in the works. Either way these guys are makin miracles with these plugins.

Patiently waiting, lol!
Huey

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 8:03 am
can i hear a AMEN bruthah! lol

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 8:26 am
Phantom where have you gone to, lol!!

Posted Mon 07 Nov 11 @ 8:27 am
Actually it's a lot more difficult than it seemed. VDJ does not have a VDJ Script command where you can get the position of the cue-points. There's only a special textzone for it and right now I'm trying various "work arounds" without much success I'm afraid... :(

Posted Mon 07 Nov 11 @ 5:30 pm
Dang, well I'm sure if there's a way you'll figure it out.

Thanks for the time and a great plugin
Huey

Posted Mon 07 Nov 11 @ 5:45 pm
I program... wish I could help.

But, how about this... Each cue point has a file position attached to it. Obviously, when a song is playing, you should be able to create a semaphore that matches file position with cue point position.

Thoughts? Wish I could help since I need this badly, maybe by this weekend. Would make life so much easier

Posted Mon 07 Nov 11 @ 6:43 pm
cant you have a countdown timer up till the cue point is hit as in djdads skins, couldn't you use something like

cue 4 timer 0ms ? set 'WD_LPC' 4

not sure what the timer is called in script,

Posted Mon 07 Nov 11 @ 8:32 pm
That's exactly what I was thinking, but:
In skins you can use the "%toCue5" verb to get the remaining time until cue5 is hit. Actually since this time turns to negative when the track pos advances the cue5 you don't need to check the current playing pos of the deck. You only need to compare the time left to the available cue-points and set the bigger negative as the last passed cue-point.

The problem raised from the fact that the "%tocue5" verb only works for textzones on skins. There is not a VDJ script command that will give back the same time. In other words there is no command like "get time_to_cue 5" to work with.
Plug-ins work only with VDJ script commands. I'm trying to find a work around at the moment...

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 4:25 am
maybe ask scott or dj cel how they implimented the triggers for cues events, it's pretty much the same thing isnt it? as in if you hit a cue for huey's button set a shift that changes the cue that the button triggers..

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 5:06 am
Cues Events uses the old SDK where you could fetch such information. I could also use the old SDK to write a dedicated plug-in for this function, however this option has another major disadvantage. The old SDK does not support variables!!! (they were introduced with V6)

I haven't studied the SoundFX SDK to see if there's any "solution" there, but even then it would have to be enabled for every deck and every track each time you load a new track...

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 5:49 am
There has to be a way. You have this:

%cueX : print the time position of the Xth cue point (can use modifiers)

%tocueX : print the time to the Xth cue point (can use modifiers)

%fromcueX : print the time elapsed from the Xth cue point (can use modifiers)

AND,

you can also do this in the mapper:

Song_Pos
Get Position

There has to be a way to compare those. If only I had the tools to do a plug in, I would try this right now. Put those all in a while loop. Which everone gets to 0 = the cue number you set to the variable.

** EDIT** nevermind, seems like you answered that a few posts back.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 1:34 pm
Hello there Phantom,
Just checkin-in and seeing if you've made any head way on that cue script??

Huey

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 7:04 pm
You think this will require a new feature added to VDJ?

I really wish this was possible (cue point recognition). I have an array of buttons/leds that I would like to automatically light up based on how many cue points are available for each song, and change color as the cue point is passed while the song plays.

It is like replicating the waveform display on screen but in buttons.

Is it even worth begging the guys at Automix to add these features?

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 8:22 pm
historically, probably not, but now adion is on board, I have to say yes, he used to update dj decks everyday with new features..

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 11:39 pm
1. It's technically impossible to create the cues "script"
2. YES, new features should be implemented in order to make something like this possible in a future version
3. Right now the VDJ Team alongside with djDecks Team are building VDJ 8. I believe that we should wait and see what features VDJ8 will have since it's going to be the merging of two software titles and then "ask" for things like this. However I am looking at this code merging (being a djdecks beta tester in the past) with a positive mood ;)

4. It IS possible to query the loaded song and get the total number of stored cue-points if anyone needs this info. However it's not possible to tell if the cue-points are in the past of the progress bar or in the future... :(

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 2:17 am
hey phantom,

could you consider a request to add to watchdog...

it would be great if I could get an automatic cycle variable that changes every 200ms so I could make a load and on load pattern for the lights of my controller, currently I have set different blink times, which looks okay but I can't snake the lights using this method. This is purely a for the hell of it mapping, if you have the time.

Ideally it should do something like

set '$WD_LED_ONINIT_OFF' 1 & repeat 200ms & cycle '$WD_LED_ONINIT' 41 & var '$WD_LED_ONINIT' 40 ? set '$WD_LED_ONINIT_OFF' 0

set 'WD_LED_LOAD_OFF' 1 & repeat 200ms & cycle 'WD_LED_LOAD' 21 & var 'WD_LED_LOAD' 20 ? set 'WD_LED_LOAD_OFF' 0

but essentially, when it gets to the end it should reset and stop working. It would be cool if you did both a local and a global shift, so the $global could be applied to ONINIT, and a local to be applied when loading a track. the idea of having two shifts for each is so I can query the individual cycle variables, but have the lights that are not meant to be on off until the cycle finishes. so for loading a led should be mapped as

var 'WD_LED_LOAD' 9 ? on : var 'WD_LED_LOAD_OFF' 1 ? off : normal led action

the times are only based on 4 seconds for loading the track and 8 seconds for oninit, which seem reasonable..

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 3:29 am
Sure, this can be done.
BTW: I will try to see if I can use "load_pulse" to further automate it ;)

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 4:06 am
I tried a heap of different combinations a while ago, but no success unfortunately.. but load_pulse would be good if you choose to load with the mouse and not a button on a controller.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 4:14 am
That's why I said that I will try to use it to create your code. There are several ways to load a new track on a deck. Even some that you cannot "think" right away (eg when you clone a deck)

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 5:33 am
That's ot the news I wanted to hear but you can't win em all, lol!

Thanks for trying and a great plugin
Huey

Posted Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 8:06 am
87%