Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DJM-600 Crossfader Problem - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I recently obtained a Pioneer DJM-600 and two Pioneer CDJ-1000's. After setting everything up, the audio sounds good, but for the life of me, I can't get the crossfader to work. I have the A side set to Channel 1 and the B side set to Channel 2, but when I move the fader, there is no change in sound. Any help? Please don't flame if it's a simple problem, I am relatively new at this.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 4:46 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
not going to flame you mate, but have you considered the fader is broken?

normally if a fader dont work its just plain broke, especially if the sound is working ok. do the volue sliders work? if they work and the fader doesnt then its deffo broken i would say.

if you bought them used then thats the most likely event. if theyre new then get an exchange.

new faders can be purchased and installed for quite cheap just do a google search for your models fader and youll find one easy enough.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 5:18 pm
Thanks man, I thought of that, I was just hoping I had screwed something up. I'm pretty sure everything is hooked up fine, so you're probably right.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 5:37 pm
To make sure that the Crossfader is working. Move the " Crossfader assign switch A " to 1 And the Crossfader assign switch B to 2. Now connect t5he CDJ left deck to CD1 of the CD1/Line and the Right cdj table to CD2 of the CD2/line

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 6:32 pm
Thanks CALIENTE123, I'm pretty sure my crossfader is broken. Now I have to figure out how hard the re-installation is.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 8:59 pm
Reinstallation is super easy...

two screws on either side of the crossfader, disconnect wire clip, reverse process with new crossfader.

Good to go!

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 9:30 pm
Alright! Thanks for the help guys. I've determined some problems that I need some help on.

1) I'm quite sure my crossfader is completely broken. Would you guys recommend;

This type:

http://gyazo.com/a7000d4350200df35ca493ab4e4a3cdb.png

Or this type:

http://gyazo.com/30191b24e21ac5fa6c8b1dbe285b6d06.png

2) I am having home static problems with my master control channel. It's kind of corroded from sitting outside. Do they sell replacements of this, and if so can I have a link.

Pic:

http://gyazo.com/d514061c2a9214442782adbec2610bfb.png

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 11:35 pm
sitting outside...? corroded...? you might have more problems with your mixer than you think!

In any case, the recommended replacement parts can be best matched by contacting Pioneer (either on the website, manual, or their tech support) and asking for the direct replacement part numbers. Then you can be sure you are getting the correct part.

There are, of course, aftermarket parts available, but I have always been one to order the OEM versions when in need of a replacement part.

Good luck, and stop leaving your mixers outside :)

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 11:44 pm
I'll find out exactly what's wrong tomorrow. I'm not sure why I'm getting static from the Master Channel, but I'm thinking (and hoping) it's not too serious. The corrosion seems to just be one screw, but like I said, tomorrow's the moment of truth. For the record, I would NEVER even think about leaving my equipment outside. My uncle recently moved and wanted to get rid of them, so I took them off his hands. Thanks though!

You guys have been awesome by the way.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 11:54 pm
as long as there isnt no corrosion on the internals of the mixer you might be able to get away with a tear down and clean of all the mechanical parts. a bit of wire wool and some grease might do the trick on your gain control.

if its been sat for a while at your uncles in a garage then good chance is its more than just a bad control mechanism. garages tend to be damp and weather/heat changes cause condensation inside the unit. it may be worth opening that baby up and checking things out.

if you do decide on this though be methodical in your disassembly and be carefull. wright things down and keep all fixings safe in baggies or a compatrmented tub.

even easier is to stick things to upturned strips of tape with labels attached.

as for being great, thats what community is all about, welcome to vdj :)

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 5:22 am
After a little bit of cleaning of the crossfader, I find that it works only slightly. I have everything hooked up and set properly, but it still seems to fade only a little bit (as in, I can still hear both tracks playing, just one not as loud). Could this be because I am using only headphones?

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 10:57 am
on some mixers, not sure on yours. theres a monitor switch that allows either side, or both. so you dont get a cross fade. the headphones are for monitoring and beat matching. so yes this could be your problem. the easiest way to test, is plug your setup into your hifi aux port and use the hifi an an amplifier.

play a track in each player but keep your fader to one side. while the tracks are playing move your fader to the other side. no need to worry about any beat matching or anything this is purely a sound test.

if it transitions from one track to the other then youre sorted. what you will tend to find is you need to be mixing your set via an amp. and using your phones to monitor. my gemini 676 mixer doesnt fade completely in the headphones. but it does on the speakers.

let us know how you get on.

oh and just incase, you will need a twin phono lead to connect your decks to your hifi. those ones that are red on one side and either black or white on the other. you probably know that already.

ahh also look at your headphone controls, if your cue/master knob is sitting central then youre going to hear both tracks even on full fade. turn it all the way to master to hear both tracks and all the way to cue to hear one deck or the other.

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 11:36 am
Thanks Blulite! I fixed my crossfader problems, no onto the Master channel static!

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 11:59 am
ok, so it was the knob then?

if not what was it?

and no problem mate, thats what were here for.

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 12:09 pm
Yeah it was the "Cue / Master Knob" and a loose connection /facepalm. I can't believe that wasn't the first thing I checked. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be that easy with my Master Channel static.

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 12:17 pm
static on your master channel ey?

hmmm

when you say master channel?

output, input, phones ?????

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 12:20 pm

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 12:31 pm
does it crackle when you move the slider?

if so strip the panel off and clean the slider rub down the edges with some very fine wet and dry sand paper obv do it dry though, clean it again and apply some lube. if you get crackeling when you use a slider there tends to be a bad connection between the slider and runner contacts. as i said earlier tear it down and give it all a good clean.

tools needed would be

screwdriver
alcohol and q tips. or alcohol wipes (the type nurese use for injections are my favourite choice seeing as theyre free off my sister being that she's a nurse)
some wet and dry abrasive paper, fine stuff
and some oil based lube. dont use water based like ky jelly as ive read being recomended in some places. it rusts things.

just give every slider a bit of a clean, leave them to dry and then test them before you re-assemble.

a bad contact is probably your cause of the static. especially if it crackles when you move the slider. garages can be nasty to electrical equipment.

let me know how things go.

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 12:52 pm
Alright, after cleaning the sliders, I checked to see and I still have static. I replaced channel 4 with the master channel slider for the time being and I have two brand spanking new sliders on the way. Thanks for all the help guys!

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 3:17 pm
your welcome, at least its sorted now.

and you though it wasnt going to be as easy as your fader problem ;)

if you need anything else you know where we are.

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 3:28 pm
87%