Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: USB Sound Card - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

kiko10PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have a notebook and i think it's kind of hard to get a 4.1 or 5.1 sound card for it.Now i found some USB sound cards with 4.1,5.1,7.1 etc. My question is "would a USB card work with VDJ?"

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 5:30 am
Yes, definetely! Any soundcard would work fine as long as windows detects it and it is directx compatible. If you plan to work on tcvs, go for the Maya44 USB soundcard, it has excellent quality sound and features like 2 rca inputs and 2 rca outputs.
regards,
aditya

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 5:33 am
kiko10PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanx for the info.One more thing i forgot to mention,would i be able to use a Dj Mixer w/this card? and again thanks.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 6:22 am
Yes, make sure you have more than one stereo ouptuts for ease and convinience. Go for a good quality soundcard. Also, consider some USB mixers that have built in soundcards... like the Numark CM200USB or NumarkDXM01 usb mixer. Just a thought!

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 9:21 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
btw djaditya:

how VDJ see your mixer? as sound card i mean...

thx

Dj Nikki

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 3:37 pm
I think the OS sees the soundcard when plugged in, and after installation (if required) it will be used for all kinds of things, thus making it accessible for VDJ.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 4:01 pm
@xeon: Dude, i've not yet got my mixer yet... just ordered for one.
But my guess is it shows: USB Soundcard1 and USB Soundcard2...

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 5:57 pm
yep, but you need to connect 2 usb cables to use both cards :-(

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 3:21 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
what? 2 usb cables???? lol this is useless on laptops - they haven't got many USB ports...

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 6:14 pm
i bought an 4port usb hub for 13$ (powered from notebook usb port but has separate connector if you need more power)

and theese soundcards have the same name so you have to try which is which

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 6:48 pm
i just tried TCV with my NUmark DXM01 USB external and im struggling, VDJ doesnt seem to recognise its two external built in soundcards.....im worried i might need a MAYA - although im waiting for a reply from someone who maybe able to give me some advice!!! so dont panic yet...

BTW the laptop does require 2 USB ports plus but thats all good and it doesnt require installation - on pluggin the USB in the OS DOES immediately switch to priority thru the external soundcards onboard the NUMARK

BUT

Like said, VDJ doesnt seem to recognise this....problem for me, spending alot of money here!

Posted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 6:36 pm
kisnewHome userMember since 2005
What about those little USB 4.1 or 5.1 Sound Cards that have only 2 ports. Are they any good with Virtual DJ?

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 4:44 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This link seems to be dead or bad.

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 11:02 am
@DJ OutLaw: How can you connect the TCV TT via the Numark Mixer? It has no inputs, only outputs. ou cannot use this mixer as a soundcard for tcv purpose i suppose. Not sure though.
Lopez453 had no problems with this mixer. check on this thread:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=13754

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 5:10 pm
i will try asio4all if i can get vdj to use numark as input for TCCD

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 5:17 pm

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 2:30 am

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 6:35 am
Well basicly I need a sound card for a laptop, and those little ones seem the right size. Now I am asking if anyone had used them, and if so would he/she rcommend it.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 8:30 am
I have my doubts. I would always go in for branded stuff...

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 11:27 am

Posted Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 7:22 am
80%