Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Mixdeck Help - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi,

I just bought a Numark Mixdeck. It came with a Virtual DJ 6.1.2 which i installed along with the Numark MixDeck Driver on my MacBook Pro. However, after hooking it up with my Mixdeck, the controls on my Mixdeck doesnt work with the software on the computer.

Eg. I press the play button on the Mixdeck but the song doesn't play. However, when i press play on the software itself, the song plays.

Please Help!

Posted Fri 24 Dec 10 @ 11:28 am
MAKE SURE U HAVE THE SETTING SET UP

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 10:03 am
I did a search and found the settings for the MixDeck,

[PC] Numark USB Audio Device v2.8.40 drivers Leave the drivers on their default values. MixDeck Unit Setup Both Decks Source -USB-MIDI Channel Source switches set to the center position -PC VirtualDJ Soundcard Setup Inputs -None Outputs -External Mixer Output Drop-down -Left deck: Chan 1&2 / Right deck: Chan 3&4 Soundcard -ASIO Soundcard Drop-down -MixDeck ASIO Driver Ultra-Latency -Checked

Hope that helps and let me know how well you like or don't like it. I've been looking at getting one.

Huey

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 10:15 am
RO11NGHome userMember since 2011
Hey All,

I to have the same problem with virtual Dj and my mix deck tried doing as the last comment above but still no go i might just go back to using my IDJ3.

Posted Tue 11 Jan 11 @ 11:24 pm
djzbopPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I brought a Numark Mixdeck and was switching over from using a Hercules RMX; running V-DJ full version 7 on MacBook Pro.
After installing & adjusting the settings in config, everything maps out perfectly, except the jog wheels. I cannot get them
to respond....it's not touch sensitive, won't scratch, or search. Everything else works great. Just need to know how to do
or fix the mapping of the jog wheels. Thanks!

Jaime (aka DJ Z-BOP:)

Posted Fri 28 Jan 11 @ 12:15 pm
I have a numark mixdeck with virtual dj 7le and in the middle of a gig my music will stop playing or it will sound really crappy....my settings are output: external mixer Soundcard:NUMARK.....idk y it gives me the numark soundcard everyone else uses the asio soundcard but it wont for me,, and my laptop is a Dell Windows 7

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 7:20 pm
YO guys

i have the numark mixdeck and virtualdj and i downloaded the newest version of virtualdj but it still isn't working. i'm pretty sure there is something else that i have to download but i'm not sure what, can anyone helP?

Posted Mon 02 May 11 @ 9:19 pm
What do you mean its not working?? No sound, nothing happens in MIDI mode, headphones don't work. We need more info please. And have you downloaded the newest version of VDJ from your download center yet??

Answer those and I'm sure we can start getting things sorted out for ya,
Huey

Posted Tue 03 May 11 @ 12:07 am
jeoliveHome userMember since 2009
*******************************************I am so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!******************************************

First off. I hear Mixdeck comes with and works better with TRacktor. Why the heck does mine come with Virtual DJ? I have been usuing Virtual for years. Have the newest version.

My New Mixdeck out of the blue started to control opposite platters. The left play and platter controlled the right side of Virtcual and the right controlled the left!!! This happened on both My macbook pro's.

I erased and reinstalled software, newest drives ect... It worked for a minute or two. Opened software again at a wedding the next day and same thing happened.

Anyone hear anything or experienced similiar issues? Maybe I should switch to Tracktor. HELP!!!

Posted Mon 09 May 11 @ 10:54 pm
Hi,

I just bought a Numark Mixdeck. It came with a Virtual DJ 6.1.2 which i installed along with the Numark MixDeck Driver on my MacBook Pro. However, after hooking it up with my Mixdeck, the controls on my Mixdeck doesnt work with the software on the computer.

Eg. I press the play button on the Mixdeck but the song doesn't play. However, when i press play on the software itself, the song plays.

Please Help!

I UPGRADED TO VIRTUAL 7 TOO. NADA.

Posted Mon 09 May 11 @ 10:54 pm
Hi,

Please Help!

Please Help![/quote]

I UPGRADED TO VIRTUAL 7 TOO. NADA.

Posted Mon 09 May 11 @ 10:56 pm
Please do not post the same messages more than once.

Numark MixDeck Pro is natively supported by and works great with the latest VirtualDJ.

Please install the latest drivers and firmware from: http://www.numark.com/mixdeck (This is important.)

Then register your Pro serial number on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html and download the latest Pro v7.0.4 from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Once you have done this, start VirtualDJ, go to CONFIG -> Sound Setup and set your sound as follows:

Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer
Sound card: Numark

Click APPLY.

Make sure that the channels on the mixer section of the MixDeck are set to PC.

If the left deck is controlling the right deck on VirtualDJ and vice-versa, simply press the EJECT button on one of the decks to toggle them back to the correct order.

Or go to CONFIG -> Mappers and choose the MixDeck in the drop-down list. Click the button to the right of the drop-down box and choose the option to assign controllers. You can then assign the MixDeck to the appropriate decks of your choice.

Please note that the mixer section of the MixDeck is a real hardware audio mixer and is not MIDI capable. It cannot control the on-screen software mixer (Volume sliders, EQ's, gain, etc.) or the video crossfader in VirtualDJ or any other software. Only the CD players are MIDI enabled.

Posted Tue 10 May 11 @ 4:56 am
so can I map my crossfader so i can crossfade using my mixdeck while playing in vdj or do I have to do it on screen? If I can how would i go about doing that?

Posted Wed 25 May 11 @ 9:25 pm
@nonameworks1 read this,

Support staff wrote :

Please note that the mixer section of the MixDeck is a real hardware audio mixer and is not MIDI capable. It cannot control the on-screen software mixer (Volume sliders, EQ's, gain, etc.) or the video crossfader in VirtualDJ or any other software. Only the CD players are MIDI enabled.

You have to worry about the on screen crossfader............

Huey

Posted Thu 26 May 11 @ 1:36 am
o that's kinda dissapointing. O well thanks for the quick response

Posted Thu 26 May 11 @ 9:21 am
Well there is the MixDeck Quad coming out this summer and it will be full MIDI so you can see the on screen crossfader move.........

See ya
Huey

Posted Thu 26 May 11 @ 9:37 am
If you are using the MixDeck as intended in external mixer mode, then you will need to use the crossfader on the MixDeck itself (Leave the VirtualDJ one in the middle otherwise you will stop sound being output by VirtualDJ to the MixDeck's real hardware audio mixer and will not be able to pre-listen.)

If you wish to video crossfade, you will need to use the on-screen video crossfader in the VIDEO tab or upgrade to the full Pro at a discount and map a spare knob or buttons that you don't use on the CD players to perform the crossfade.

Posted Fri 27 May 11 @ 12:28 pm
9sh38LE userMember since 2011
your instruction above worked perfectly ! thanks alot

Posted Sat 28 May 11 @ 2:33 pm
I have a Mixdeck and am running Virtual DJ LE. The crossfaders will not snyc togehter. I have updated the software and firmware but it still not not sync. In order to mix the crossfader on vdj has to be in the center and I control the crossfader on the mixdeck. However, this hurts my mixes because when I record it records to the computer and because the crossfader is half way on vdj it records what the computer hears and that is not what I want.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 4:21 pm

Posted Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 7:34 pm
41%