Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

gknoobPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I am thinking of ordering the MC6000. My Xponent does not work at all with an I7 processor windows 7 and any Virtual DJ. I have heard that it is in the ability of the program to release the controller. tons of other problems with it.

My question is this. Is the MC6000 stable enough to use with Windows 7 64 bit and an I7 processor. I need a stable system, and right now all I have that is stable is my serato and ttm and just hate lugging all that around.

Thanks.

Greg

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 5:51 pm
Ok so I've reported my DNMC6000 freezing in the hardware forum previously, but yesterday something really strange happened during a gig. All of a sudden when I hit the "Play" button on Deck A, the track just stuttered continuously. Like as though i had it set to loop at 1/8 beat. Tried loading another song onto that deck and hit "Play" again. Still the same stuttering. Even if I clicked somewhere on the song's timeline, the track would rewind back and start stuttering again. I'm guessing it could be an issue with the "search" button on the DNMC6000 sending an erroneous midi signal even though the button wasnt pressed. The other three decks were working fine. The problem corrected itself after i restarted VDJ (I did not powercycle the DNMC6000).

Its the first time something like that has happened. I'm wondering if it could somehow be related to the DNMC6000's freezing issues. Then again I'm not entirely sure if its a VDJ issue or an DNMC6000 issue. But I suspect the latter. Anyone else experienced smthing like this?

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 2:58 am
I would to know how to be able to cue in the headphones and also be able to fade videos using the fader. is there a way to map the controller. I may sell mine if i can't get this to work.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 9:45 am
For fading videos make sure the CF MODE is set to VIDEO.

What sound are you currently getting through the headphones?

Si

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 9:55 am
I have the CF set to video. It starts to fade over then it is just the 2 videos together on the screen. I will hear the correct audio, but I see both videos.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 11:12 am
can anyone help me out ? i just picked up the mc6000 using it with my mac and vdj 7.02 ... having a hard time getting the cue assignment buttons to independently monitor each channel ... able to monitor the master

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 5:24 pm

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 5:38 pm
that seemed to have worked ... thanks a bunch

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 6:04 pm
also have you experienced any probems with the crossfader assignment switches on the front pannel - mine don't seem to be doin anythiing

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 6:06 pm
nydjpure wrote :
also have you experienced any probems with the crossfader assignment switches on the front pannel - mine don't seem to be doin anythiing

Those only affect the audio signal when the analog mixer mode is being used. When you're using four deck mode and mixing in the pc (and using the mixer portion of the mc6000 only as a midi controller) the assignment and curve controls won't do anything

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 6:51 pm
Hi all,

Swanflight delivered the MC6000 transport case today and it's excellent. Cost in standard material is £60 plus £9 P&P and for the lightweight "flightpanel" material it is £69 plus £9 P&P.

This was a special order and is not on the website, so if you want one send me a PM and I'll give you the contact details for the guy to contact. Delivery time is about a week as they are made to order.

The build quality is superb and it's a really snug fit.

Keith

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 12:51 pm
Sweet looking case! I got the one with the laptop stand and flaps at the front coming on monday. Will put up some pictures when it's all in (further customizing the case to house 1 of my HDD, mics and leads).

The pictures make me wish it was Monday now :-(

Si

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 12:54 pm
Screen Freeze Issue: This has happened a few times now. I have a song playing, I was working some of the effects buttons, then started scratching with the opposite deck. After a few turns of the wheel - VDJ screen froze and I was unable to use any Dennon 6000 controller functions. Music kept playing.
I could not use the mouse to close VDJ or Ctrl alt delete until I unplugged the usb cable of the controller. I Plugged the cable back in and the VDJ startup screen froze. Unplugged usb cable and it opened but nothing worked again. I had to turn the power off of the Dennon controller and restart VDJ again. This would BAD in a live situation.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 2:17 pm

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 2:33 pm
Nice case Kieth...

I actually like the AA soft case with pockets for laptop and leads... Means I can reduce my three bags/cases down to one ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 4:35 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Just throwing this in the mix - I only use two player mode and every single time I scratch it freezes within 10 minutes, but only when I scratch. I am well aware of both Atomix and Denon solving the issue as I have been on the phone w DJ Homeboy and Denon, just be patient fellas, it will definitely work out.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 6:47 pm
HOw do you disable the scratch?

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 9:27 pm
I just wonder how far they have got with it, whether they have found a trigger that they can use to fix the issue or not... All I've got it "We're working on it" lol.

I have no doubt in my mind it will get fixed, I just can't help being curious as to how far along the troubleshooting is.

Si

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 3:51 am
csmurphy wrote :
HOw do you disable the scratch?

Press SHIFT + >> to turn it off (CD/pitch bend mode)

Press SHIFT + << to turn it on (Vinyl/scratch mode)

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 5:43 am
Switching the Jogwheel will NOT solve the problem. You can also change the wheels betwwen Vinyl and Cd in the VDJ configuration. I had the vinyl scratch wheel turned off and it freezes every time.

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 8:55 am
33%