Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX/Virtual DJ problem - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey guys, I am running a Hercules RMX in to Virtual DJ Pro 6 (computer specs below), and I had an issue the past 2 gigs that has never happened before. After about 4 hours of playing, the jog wheels started to not respond correctly, then the music would skip and jump ahead when I did touch the jog wheels. About a half hour later, everything just stopped. The computer didn't freeze, just VDJ, I had to completely reboot my computer and start again. Very frustrating when you have 100+ people on the dance floor at peak hour.

Any suggestions? Anyone have this problem before?

Here is my computer specs:

HP Pavilion dv7t-3300 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Quad Core processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.8 GHz
4GB DDR3 SDRAM
500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 320M - For i7 Processors

Hercules RMX with up to date firmware and drivers
Virtual DJ 6 (also up to date)

Thanks in advance for any help!

(edit) Not sure if this is a hardware, or software issue so that's why I put it in here.

Posted Sat 23 Oct 10 @ 3:49 pm
So I'm in the middle of a gig tonight and I am posting this out of pure frustration because it happened again. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Posted Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 12:42 am
All I am asking for is basic customer service. I can't get a return email, a phone message returned, or an answer to a forum post. What gives?

This is becoming very frustrating.

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 9:22 pm
hOAGARTPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Upgrade your software to VDJ7 (its free upgrade), and make sure your Herc Drivers are up to date.
That should help your issues out.

Posted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 9:12 am
Played this last weekend with VDJ 7 and already had updated firmware, this issue happened about every 45 minutes to an hour all night.

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 3:12 pm
Verify: you have updated the rmx drivers, and you have version 7 downloaded. make sure your scratch button is OFF!!!! I don't scratch because 1. i don't have that skill (yet) 2. the jog wheels are very responsive and if you just touch the wheels while a song is playing, it will either stop skip or scratch. Humm. sounds like your problems. Do you scratch? If you do you will need to go into config and adjust the jog wheel sensitivity, also on the bottom of your rmx, there are two screws that you should be able to adjust sensitivity with there also.

Matt

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 10:07 am
No, I never play with the scratch button on the RMX, I use other software/hardware for that.

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 4:01 pm
I've had the same problem with VDJ 7.

In a number of practice sessions at home and last nite at a gig, VDJ suddenly stops performing. The music ends suddenly and my Hercules RMX does not respond to any commands. Neither does the VDJ skin.

The only way I can correct the problem (sometimes) is if I go into Config-Sound Cards, then change the sound card to Mono Separated, then change it back to Hercules RMX. But this 'fix' doesn't always work and I usually have to quit VDJ and open the program again.

My Hercules drivers are all up to date.

Any solutions?

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 8:36 pm
Mine was working after a lot of faffing about, but yesturday all the problems came back - it jumps and glitches in the middle of every mp3

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 5:44 am
@ DJ Jeremy, and the others.

I totally share with your frustration and grief.

I have: Hercules Rmx (latest updates installed), VDJ 7pro 7.0.1

Turning OFF the scratch button a fix? I'm sorry, but I really hate it when people's answer to "Fix" is turning off features that YOU PAID for.

I don't care if I'm not skilled scratcher yet, but a scratch here and there is not so bad and people like it. Specially if you do it to stop a record.

I'm running a Gateway laptop 4gigs ram, windows vista 64.

I do suggest d/l the mapper for the Hercules rmx, which is found somewhere in the downloads of this website. Open the mapper, make sure everything is how you want it to be, then close it.

The VDJ stopping whenever it wants to, I have no idea why, and it has done it to me a few times. No one seems to know how to fix it, and all they tell us is "d/l" latest update. But, WE HAVE THE LATEST. Yes frustrating, then they blame the Hercules Rmx, and when you contact Hercules, they blame VDJ, so it's a rat chase.

Currently I am having LATENCY problems. I didn't used to, but now I started noticing little hickups here and there while playing songs.

Sorry that this post probably doesn't help a bit, but at least I'll help you make noise. That it's not JUST happening to you alone.

DJ Zbop a friend of mine, has the Rmx with a Mac, and he has gotten that problem too.

Anyways, I'll share whatever I can if I find a good fix.

DJ Ticoindamix
www.facebook.com/ticoindamix

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 11:36 am
This same thing keeps happening to me too. I am playing music and then it just stops. If I go into the options and just click the "Apply" button it starts working again for about 30 seconds or so and then stops again. This is driving me crazy.

I am using VDJ Pro 7 (most up to date version) and the most recent (12/29) RMX drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 12:33 am
I had a similar problem and fixed my issue by changing the midi port number in Hercules DJ COntrol Panel, i changed mine from 1 to 3, and it has not re-occured.

Don't know if it solve your pronlem, but worth a go.

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 1:31 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

These computers optimizing guides may help prevent some of the issues you guys have been having (more specifically, check out the sections relating to USB ports and power saving):

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

As for the users who may have audio latency issues, the next thing you should look into would be to tweak you ASIO settings.

By default, the ASIO buffer size is set to 480 (10 ms). This is a good average, but not necessarily adequate for every computer configuration.

What you need to do is to go to the DJ Control panel, switch to ASIO audio mode. Then , from the ASIO tab, raise or lower the ASIO Buffer Size (One step at a time), then try VDJ for a while, being aware if the situation improves. Reapeat until you find the correct setting for your computer.

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 6:44 am
When second track is brought in to the virtual dj software, the currently playing song has a massive decrease in sound. Only when loading the second track though. It's a nightmare because when you are playing out and drag and drop your second track into the software the entire volume level drops several notches. Running with Hercules dj console rmx. I have two gigs New Years night and have got to get this fixed asap.

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 11:42 am
I was on here searching for another issue I was having and realized I forgot to reply with my fix.

I feel stupid lol

For some reason, under the option to change sound cards, it was set to primary sound card instead of ASIO. It would revert back every time I restarted. After changing it, I have not had a single issue with it since! So if you are having this issue, double check your sound card settings. It was almost like VDJ and the Hercules console were trying to force my computer to run in ASIO, but my computer would throw a temper tantrum and just quit playing sounds at all after a half hour.

In reply to the person(s) having stuttering problems: I had the same issue in my quad-core laptop with Win 7 64bit. I had to go in to task manager and set the affinity to one core, and also set the priority for Virtual DJ to high priority. I also realized the skin I was using was a lower resolution than my native, and I was running it in full screen, so I switched to windowed instead of full screen and (knock on wood) I have not had an issue with that in months.

To the people having issues with interference and odd cracks and sounds, again I had the same problem. I had these issues prior to getting this new laptop and was running VDJ on a Dell Core 2 Duo with WinXP. I actually found there to be two separate issues.

First, try buying an adapter for your power supply cord that adapts it from 3 prongs to 2 where it plugs in to the wall. You can get them at any hardware store or Wal-Mart. Even though my equipment was very well grounded, I had some issue with the computer that would cause severe interference once it was plugged in and turned on. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon that fix, but I was very thankful for it, it cleared up all of the interference!

Second, I had to turn off my wireless internet adapter. Whenever it was turned on, it would cause weird interference, and one time I actually picked up a local radio station!

Although, after buying this new laptop (a Hewlett Packard), I have not had to do any of these and have not had any interference issues whatsoever.

It's worth a shot! Hopefully I have helped some people fix some issues.

Have a safe and fun New Years, and may all your dance floors be packed solid!

Posted Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 3:46 pm
Hi

I have a similar issue and I can't work out how to describe it.
I can be playing for 2 hours and suddenly the jog wheel on a deck will decide to go a bit faulty. Instead of jogging back and forth. It seems to get stuck and crawl about 5 beats..then if you try the other way it moves slightly and sticks.
I have found that to leave this for about 2 tracks...just do a simple cut and drop is the only thing I can do.
Sometimes the other decks does the same but it is not always the case.

I have contacted Hercules support as I think it could be my decks...it feels like a contact inside could get too hot?
However I cannot replicate the fault on request so they cannot help me..
It's not a huge problem but it would be if I was doing a full set of club mixing...

Any ideas?

Posted Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 11:57 am
kirk3142ControlleristMember since 2011
HELP!!!!!!!!
I have a hercules RMX and a Sony Vaio netbook loaded with DJ Pro. I load deck A and deck B with tracks. I then play deck A. All i ok so far. I then move the jogwheel on deck B to cue the track and the music thats playing on deck A slows down and there is a noise coming through the speakers
regards
kirk

Posted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 3:52 am
I own a hercules rmx also. If it is just jogwheels that are giving you a problem,, depending on how long youve had the unit they need to be cleaned. Alot of dust buildup can lead to problems like skipping beats and what not. thiers alot of articles on how to clean it on youtube i assume let me know if this helps any.

Regards

Soundcloud.com/larehab

on another note my filedate button to organize my tracks is not working. anyone knoe how i could fix this or is there a smartfilter i can set to show the most recnet songs i download to that folder?

cheers

Posted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 11:21 pm
Ok you all ready for the cure to all the skipps, jitters, glitches and crap! I have had this same problem for a long time now with numerous laptops. my VDJ would always skip on my laptops while using hercules rmx controller. that my friends is all now fixed!! not had one single thing happen since, no glitches, no skips, running clean and smooth.

SO do this and post back here, I want to know if this help a lot of you. basically there is a program that runs your battery on your laptop, this program that runs your laptops battery for some reason conflicts with VDJ and the hercules controller. some laptops have this issue more than others. SO, if you are having issues, simply take your battery out of your laptop and use a power cable only. with the battery out I have had no problems what so ever. if I plug the battery in, I have the issues come right back. so please post back here if this has fixed your issue :-D

take the battery out "lol" who would have guessed

Kindest regards, Pusher

Non Licensed Users are not allowed to post contact information of any type. That includes personal web pages and Facebook.

Posted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 11:20 am
I had the same type of issues once ... Turns out it was a bad usb cable going to my hercules. I'd give that a try see if it helps

Posted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 5:30 pm
67%