Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: video mixing - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Killabee,

hit me up email sometime we can walk thru this on the phone.

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 8:10 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Good to talk to ya killa

got some issues resolved mix on.....

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 9:40 pm
I just bought the Virtual DJ and currently playing with it to find any weaknesses before I start video dances at the schools this fall. I am currently playing vob files with no issues. I am currently running an Soyo Dragon SY-P4X400 with a gig of memory with a intel P4 2.4 overclocked to 2.6, an ATi radeon 9500 and a 4-disk raid 0 setup. I have had no problems scratching vob video files. This is the first app that I have found that can handle both wav and vob files. I was looking at mixmeister but they do not support vob or divx. So far no problems. RAIDs are the way to go when mixing video. I will be building a new system for mobile use over the summer. It will be based on the ASUS P5AD2-E Premium board with a P4 3.0 LGA775 processor and 2 Gig of memory and naturally a 6 disk RAID 0+1. I will update as the summer progresses.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 7:39 am
nevesisPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just tested out the video on my 2.8ghz dell inspiron with an oldschool 64mb ati radeon 7500m, and i was able to load up 700meg divX movies, and no problem, could even scratch!

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 5:38 pm
i have a nvidia geforceFX5200 128mb video card, with 512mb ram, and p4 1.6ghz, and the videos used to run very choppy and VDJ crashed often. Then i uninstalled some unecessary CODECS and restarted the system with just the basic MPEG-1 codec and there...it all works so smoothly now...would still work better witha newer card.. but its very smooth.. everything works fine, the video scratching, looping, transitions..etc etc...

Posted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 7:22 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
djaditya,

I'm surprise, I would think your problem is with some other issues, not only the videocard. I'm glad that you could run fine VDJ. But, Your system runs with a P4 in 400 MHz FBS and 256KB of cache. Now you could have a medium P4 with 800FBS and 1024 KB of cache. That makes a big difference, believe me. Your system use an AGP Card, and now with PCI Express x 16 you could have 12 Gigabytes/sec of bandwidth.

I think is time for change your current system. But I'm glad because VDJ works fine with low computer specs.

Another issue that would help. Remove all the temp files (C:Documents and Settings[your windows user]Local ConfigurationTemp), and reduce your Internet cache to 50MB (open your Internet Explorer Settings and delete all temp files and cookies). You could delete all your unused files (.bak, .old, etc). After that you could do now a defrag operation on your disk. These actions will help your system to run better than now. Try it.

Posted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 4:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)