Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: video mixing - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Perhaps I am missing something. I have all the video settings ok.

I even see the plugin playing in the pre-view window.

How do I fade from one plugin effect to another? I am not even seeing the transitions (1-4). Am I missing something? Do I need two video cards to do this?

Ronny582

Posted Wed 25 May 05 @ 2:57 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You need a dual head video card and also need to activate your 2nd monitor in windows.
Control panel/display/settings/advanced/check extend my desktop/apply/close/boot the system with all video cables connected/open VDJ and set up your video tab in settings.

Hopt that does it for you..
R

Posted Wed 25 May 05 @ 3:37 pm
Hi guys,
I 'm new to the video world of vdj. My computer video card is nvidia geforce fx 5200. Do you Know if i can handle video mixing with this card and if this card is a dual head; So far the only thing i can do is just to watch the plugins in the default skin's video screen of vdj and maximize them in the pc desktop.
Moreover, i tried to do the "check extend my desktop", but unfortunately there weren't anything written like that in the relative window. Is it a problem due to lack of dual head video card;
Waiting for a reply
Thanks alot

Posted Wed 25 May 05 @ 10:44 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
That card should work, check for the latest drivers.

Posted Wed 25 May 05 @ 11:36 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I too have a GeforceFX5200 and I also have problems with 3.0
I think this is the only card which have problems with it.

I use it in dual view.

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 8:29 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
that card belongs in the garbage where I put mine.

Posted Thu 26 May 05 @ 9:02 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think what ronnie is asking is whether he can fade from one plug-in visual effect to another, and I think the answer to that is no. The plug-in visual effect just occupies the output window when there is no video to be displayed. I don't think you can run two visual effects at once, but I may be wrong.

-Frd

Posted Fri 27 May 05 @ 12:07 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
frd1953, you are right, we can't run two visual effects at once.

Though you can create a slideshow of effects!

Posted Fri 27 May 05 @ 12:14 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
But the transition between each visual plugin will only be a cut system as if there was a cut crossfader.

Posted Fri 27 May 05 @ 12:14 am
Thank you frd1963! That is exactly what I meant.

Now I can sleep better at night! ;-)

Ronny582

Posted Fri 27 May 05 @ 2:47 pm
Sorry, maybe I'm missing something here... but the video play back is less than stellar. I have a pretty hot machine: AMD 3400+ 64bit, 2GB RAM, 80HD and dual video outputs (64MB per side).

The video is very slow even when playing back 320x240. I'm kind of a stickler seeing as I produce a lot of video and if I'm at a club the video needs to be at least 30fps or it just aint worth showing. Most of the animation I've rendered is 1280x800x32 so for now I will just do a visual sync until someone can tell be what I'm doing wrong.

Also, VDJ is a great product but the always on sticker kind of gets in the way! Is there a way to turn it off?

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 6:07 am
the logo can be turned off the team released a patch last week. I'm not sure where the link is. I thought i had a good videocard (fx5200) got a 6600gt and never looked back, Its a small price to pay for good video performace. When in hardware mode the cpu usuage is less than 7% most of the work is being done by the video card where it should be. I made a video of proof with it playing back vobs you can find it here
Your system is faster than mine (specs if you click on my name) look into a better video and your problems will be solved. The fx5200 as well as all fx series has known issuses mostly because the drivers were poorly written.

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 6:40 am

Posted Sat 28 May 05 @ 7:27 am
Hi Friends
i-d like to know what-s the best video card for mixing videos I-m a proffesional DJ and the virtual dj 3.0 is really good , however I have problems with my video card which is an ati radeon 7500 series and the movements of the videos are very slow but in the windows multimedia my videos work well , I hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 6:56 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Did you try the hardware acceleration mode ?

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 10:52 pm
FYI, Mine actually works better with hardware acceleration turned off!

Radeon 9600, 450 p4 with HT, 1 gig ram, and audigy sound card.

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 4:42 pm
Mine won;t work with hardware accelleration at all...I think it's a driver issue though, which is annoying.

I see a reformat coming up.

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 1:57 am
I have an nvidia geforce 6600gt and hardware acceleration just makes the video choppy. The sound doesnt studder but the video skips. I had to turn it off. Isnt it supposed to work better w it on?

Killabee44

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 6:00 am
Killia,

something is wrong there. HW accel should work on the 6600 it works on mine. Make sure you have dx9c installed. Also the latest nvida drivers.

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 6:07 am
Cyder,

When I received my card I downloaded the latest drivers right away. Didnt even use the cd. I have the latest directX installed as well. Dont know what could be the problem.

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 7:17 am
77%