Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: New skin in progress Rusty V.3.0 (Ready for download now) - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Nice work!

Posted Mon 17 May 10 @ 4:39 pm
Awesome work....
Im still a newbie in the skin making and i admire your work =)

Posted Mon 17 May 10 @ 8:12 pm
generally speaking i dont like most of the skins i see. The only one i happily use is mixlab 3 and i`ve been using that for a long time, but after discovering this page think im gonna download this one after work tonight. looks good man. Great work...thanks for your effort.

I might have found another useable skin....raaah!! cheers bro. keep up the good work.

Posted Tue 18 May 10 @ 9:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
ok... ver 3.1 is ready to be uploaded. But before i do, i would like some informations about Mac because all i have is Pc

Besides 1920X1200 which will be included in ver 3.1 is there any other basic resolutions that Macs use?

Rusty ver 3.1 will come at 1280X800, 1280X1024, 1440X900, 1366X768 & 1920X1200 (Mac).

Posted Sat 22 May 10 @ 4:46 pm
Think you've got all the bases covered there mate to be honest!!

Posted Sat 22 May 10 @ 4:58 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
MacBook resolutions are 1280x800, 1440x900 and 1920x1080, so you have everything there ;)

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 6:00 am
yes but i will have to make 3 more resolutions with smaller fonts to be viewable as Mac versions ..right?

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 7:35 am
I think the issue is that some of the windows fonts don't actually exist in Mac OS so the skin displays a default Mac font instead which appears larger.

I need to do some testing with this when I get a chance, but on Zanards X12 skin I installed the LCD font on my mac and the skin picked it up correctly.

Apologies for not having the time to look in to this a bit deeper, been a busy few days and I have ditched my club gig (long story) so I'm not DJ'ing at all now :(

Keith

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 3:48 pm
@ djdad:

Very good work man!
But please, add also in this skin the the two top separeted wave in vertical ! :D
Thanks! :-)

bye,
Gabriele DiJ

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 5:41 pm
Allready added Gabriele

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 6:58 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I think the issue is that some of the windows fonts don't actually exist in Mac OS so the skin displays a default Mac font instead which appears larger.

I need to do some testing with this when I get a chance, but on Zanards X12 skin I installed the LCD font on my mac and the skin picked it up correctly.

Apologies for not having the time to look in to this a bit deeper, been a busy few days and I have ditched my club gig (long story) so I'm not DJ'ing at all now :(

Keith

Is the font Arial installed on Macs? You are correct about fonts. By accident i have used a font that doesnt excist. So PCs ..when they dont find this font by default they use Arial. I guess that might be the issue.
I will send you a beta tommorow ...pm

Thanks

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 7:00 pm
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Rusty 3 Great 4 me .However 3.1 looks ever better . u r on the ball . ta very much ,looking forward to new skin .bazooo

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 8:35 pm
Do you still have version 2.0? I'm missing the orange skin alottt.

Posted Tue 01 Jun 10 @ 8:41 pm
I havent forgot you.. Tommorow i will upload ver 3.1 which is actually 3 skins (orange-blue-dark) by 5 resolutions each, total 15 dif skins (about 25 Mb size)..
stay tuned

Posted Sun 06 Jun 10 @ 9:22 pm
Updated Rusty Ver 3.1 is uploaded !

Download link . http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/11133/Rusty.html

The file is allmost 23 MB, so it might take a while to download.

Ver 3.1----------
1. Added New Updated Orange version
2. Added 2 New Rhythm Pannels (Split & Off)
3. Added Fx paramaetrs knobs
4. Added New Timer Pannel
5. Added Video ON-AIR frames
6. Added New Adnanved Sampler Pannel
7. Added new resolutions 1920X1200 & 1920X1080
8. Added new Video Netsearch icon
9. New Pannel selectors buttons
10. Added New Seperated MAC version (for better view on MACs)
11. Few minor fixes

Enjoy it !

Posted Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 9:49 pm

Posted Tue 08 Jun 10 @ 2:31 pm
they are all available now. Thanks.

Posted Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 3:47 am
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
thank you very much djdad.just trying orange skin for first time at home and seems good for my eyes.been using rusty 3 dark for a few weeks and very pleased with it .I notice that the key is now express differently .ie A10 for example.i do a lot of karaoke,and to know the key would be helpful.although usually it's a case of 1 or 2 up or down.is there a reason for the new code?

Posted Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 4:30 am
Key was allways there from beggining, i just replaced it with key numeric. It's much easier to remember and to use. Search for harmonic mixing. You will find a lot of informations.

Posted Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 5:27 am
Hi djdad,

Just to let you know I will be giving Rusty 3.1 blue version a spin on the ipad this weekend.

I have moved to a cabaret bar gig in the same venue and your skin looks amazing on the ipad compressed from 1920 x 1200 down to the smaller screen.

Thanks for creating such a masterpiece!

Keith

Posted Tue 15 Jun 10 @ 4:30 pm
93%