Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Video problems - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

umm.. not really. The video card is actually more involved with lower res files (if programmed that way). Kinda hard to guess without knowing how the system is designed. Smaller files need less processing time to load each frame by nature , so im a little confused. But since i know what works, ill just stick with that.

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 6:30 pm
hey guys.. I must say I think VirtualDJ is rather nice.. the only thing I do not like is the 'recordcase' IMO Visiosonic has that one nailed best .. Other then that I like..

Right now my weapon of choice is still djDecks which I like very much, VirtualDj is a good second after a couple of nights doing trials..

I hope to get it going on my Laptop tonight (and cyder my laptop does 28.000 on aquamark, so it's hardly a 'craptop' as you like to put it. hehehe)..

This might be slightly off-topic here, but since I am here now.. It's true I am into DJing for the fun of it nowadays.. I have been DJing since I was twelve, and that's 30 years ago.. ;^). My real job is being soundengineer doing mainly live stuff.. I also do a lot of sessions in and around Amsterdam, which is a perfect way to learn new tricks and meet new people and band(to work for).. DJing is part of my 'thing' and adding video is something I am looking into.. VDJ is the first offering video at a budget I am willing to pay (and I will never ever use cracks or hacks when I make money using software). I've also grown to not appreciate software which promises a lot, but does not deliver, or sortof delivers.. while charging a lot of money..

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 6:51 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What about your problem paulheu; is it solved ?

Posted Mon 09 May 05 @ 10:37 pm
I do get the card to select, but loading any mpg track gives me an error, I'll go back and check again tomorrow what it was, but I guess for now the answer is no, it don't work yet..

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 5:09 am
Tried again today.. did not get it to work..

I setup like this:
enable nView, set 2nd monitor as main (my CRT, 1280x1024) the other is a 15" TFT (set to 800x600)

After reboot this all works well, nvidia drivers show displays as (1) and (2), start VirtualDJ but no output available. I tried a number of things but except for the one time I got it to work (although I got a 'videocard error' on each file I loaded)..

Seems the detection and setup procedure is not that robust yet.. But then again this _is_ a first public release so I guess it'll get better.. right?! :^)

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 7:06 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Make sure your divers are set to dual view not clone mode.

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 7:22 pm
they are.. and I have both displays in the nview pop-up menu so they initialize correctly..

I tried after reboot, both displays come up correctly and I can use them fine. But VDJ simply won't see them and not present them in the video prefs..

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 10:29 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Is your accelerator on?
Do you see your desktop on #2?

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 11:14 pm
just tried on my laptop, which has a 128MB ati x600 card (Acer Aspire 1801) while video is there, I get the same 'error in the video driver' error no matter what mpg file i try to load..

Posted Tue 10 May 05 @ 11:15 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
sonds like a video codec issue to me can you run this little app and tell me what your mpeg decoder your is using?

Gspot

should be set to quartz.dll

all other mpeg decoders should be removed from system32 folder. This fixed a lot of video issues for me.

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 6:04 am
Rick:

aceleration on or off makes no difference, and I can move the mouse onto the 2nd display (and/or move icons and windows there)

Cyder:

Both my desktop and laptop use the default windows codecs for mpg. I have PowerDVD installed on both for MPG2, not sure which codec that is but I will check when I get home..

I would assume the default MPG1 codec should be fine..

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 1:08 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Paul,
If the program isn't seeing the video card in config and the program boots with all connections to monitor 2/tv/projector, I don't know what to say.
For some reason, without these connections in place the program skips out listing the card, i'm sure they are looking at that.

If the file plays with other media players that would tell me the proper codec is enabled, and I assume this is working with other players such as winamp or wmp.
Is this the case?

It might be time for the process of elimination either by cards or systems, you know the drill.
There IS an answer, i'm just surprized its happening to you.
I'm pretty sure your system is in order knowing you.

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 2:59 pm
yes, files play fine with other applications.

As with anything stuff like this usually pops up once code gets to the public. I'd rather see this as a way for the VDJ crew to prove they have a healthy attitude towards stamping out this issues...

As I said before my laptop does 28.000 on Aquamark so I would expect decent performance once I get it underway..

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 4:30 pm
It works thanks

holly cow

Posted Fri 13 May 05 @ 5:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)