Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: The Black Sheep - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
lol, i was actually hoping to use this as my new main skin actually, but until i start using 6 again i'm gonna have to wait... not to long i hope.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 5:40 pm
To be fair, i could quite easily do a mod for the v5 skin engine, but half the functions would work correctly, obviously no scratchwave, no flashing buttons (which i know arent the be all and end all!!) and one or two other things wouldnt function in V5.

Sooner or later we will ALL be using 6.x and will ALL be happy with it. Lets just hope sooner rather than later.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 5:48 pm
Coming to a download section near you soon.............

Just uploaded it to the site, waiting approval - then it's free for everyone to use.

Enjoy.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 6:46 pm

Posted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 5:12 am
an absolute cracking skin dan, just been using it on desktop and it looks great. glad you went with the all yellow aspect (finally, lol) any chance of brightning the vu meters up just a tad... perfect.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 7:49 am
Dan nice job I really like this color very elegant, greetings danielgio

Posted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 12:16 pm
Thanks for your compliments guys - much appreciated.

V1.1 has been submitted to site:

Had noticed that the Sampler and Effect buttons on Deck 2 did not react in the same way as they do on Deck 1. Have fixed this so everything is now the same.

Update as soon as its available =)

Dan

Posted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 4:22 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
WTF?!?

I went to the download link and got...

"Sorry, you don't have the necessary accreditations to view this page."

What's that about?

Posted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 12:20 pm
I submitted an update last night (v1.1), which fixed some bugs.

This is still waiting approval.

Please try later =)

Posted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 12:21 pm
It's up again now - download away!! =)

Posted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 3:19 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Great skin. Any chance of 1366 x 768 resolution? I'm advocating for skinners to include that resolution because there are more and more users with that resolution screen on their laptop (Including me).

Posted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 4:50 pm
Great skin, but is there any chance of getting a modded version with blue and red as the colours as i'm slightly colour blind and find it very hard to tell the difference in tracks in the waveforms.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 7:13 pm
hi dan, can you give me the code for the yellow shade on both decks please.

Posted Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 12:51 pm
hey ho, finally i got to play with this skin at the weekend and i've got to repeat myself and say this skin looks absolutely awesome.

made a slight colour change to the browser for my own personnal tastes but other than that it was great having the monitors bigger than the pee holes i'm normally used to.

to those of you that haven't tried this skin yet, go do it now!

nice one dan...

Posted Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 1:11 pm
benbirPRO (legacy)Member since 2008
Great skin. Any chance of 1366 x 768 resolution? I'm advocating for skinners to include that resolution because there are more and more users with that resolution screen on their laptop (Including me).

Hello - Same here. I just changed laptop and the new one has the ludicrous wide-screen.

Regards,

Ben

Posted Sat 06 Mar 10 @ 1:00 pm
how about a 5.2.1 version please.

Posted Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 5:40 am
Well done that man there :-)

Used this skin two weekends now and enjoying using it.

Cheers Dan

Posted Sat 27 Mar 10 @ 8:50 am
I am currently working on a new skin, currently named Black Sheep v2. It will probably have a different release name, but not sure yet.

Basically i am calling on everyone that is using this skin or has used it to let me know 3 things:

1 - What do you like about the skin?

2 - What do you dislike about the skin?

3 - What isn't currently there that should be??

Please post below or PM me with you thoughts and responses.

Posted Tue 30 Mar 10 @ 1:33 pm
Great skin!!!

1 - What do you like about the skin?
All the buttons.

2 - What do you dislike about the skin?
The skin needs a BPM button (like in the skins provided with 6.0x) to be able to reset the 1st beat on the fly.

3 - What isn\'t currently there that should be??
Is there any way to add more buttons to the \"sample\" page instead of only 12, or to be able to import different sample pages. As I DJ for 2 different radio stations, 1 other company and for myself. I would like to be able to load each onto a different sample page so I do not have to constantly change these for each company I work for.

This is an example of the idea.

Posted Tue 30 Mar 10 @ 2:30 pm
@smoothsa

Thanks for your input.

1 - The buttons will remain, perhaps with a slight tidy-up.

2 - The BPM function already exists - if you right-click on the BPM text, the menu shall appear.

3- As for expanding the sampler section, this is built in to the software itself so unforunately this can not be acheived with the current version. I know this has been mentioned before in the "wishes and new features" section. Don't think anything recently has been said about it.

Posted Tue 30 Mar 10 @ 2:43 pm
82%