Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 33

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have been thru all this thread and still didnt find any setup link for (2) dns3700 (1) dnx1700 using the dnx1700 as the primary sound card. I'm on Windows 7 Home Pro, 32bit, I have all the udated software and still no results. Can anybody send me a link? I get an error message on how the sound card is not connected or not set up properly.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 12 @ 5:50 am
My Denon MC6000 screwed up in the middle of my nightclub gig last night :(

One of the faders seems to have a dodgy connection with the motherboard. Couldn't get any sound in the right player and had to use my backup iPod that is always running, rebooted the computer from scratch twice and still had the same problem. Had to use the left player in auto playlist mode for the last hour. When I got home I checked everything. I was using PC mix so I switched to Int mix to work with audio, same problem. Just sliding channel 3 fader up and down caused the onscreen fader in VirtualDJ to erratically rise and fall uncontrollably when in MIDI mode. When in audio mode the sound was doing exactly the same.

It's been arranged for its return for repairs under warranty, but, I have tonights gig and next weekends 2 gigs to do with it and I don't have any alternative backup. I usually only use 3 channels, 2 & 3 for the players and 4 for the iPod. I have reconfigured to use 1 & 4 channels for decks 3 & 4 and put the iPod on channel 2 so as not to use the faulty fader on channel 3. I could probably have done this last night, but, in the heat of battle with a full nightclub and a busy dancefloor and not sure exactly what the problem was, did the best I could think of at the time. Last resort the iPod would have carried me to the end of the night.

Was a bit stressful and no doubt I will be nervous tonight and next weekend. Hope it goes OK.

Posted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 12:49 pm
That's not good news Les, sounds like a hardware fault which is strange given the MC6000 is a very well built unit.

Keith

Posted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 7:31 am
It's been arranged to return to the manufacturers service centre for repairs next week. They are hoping to turn it around in a couple of days. Will still be nervous about getting it back in time for the Friday gig.

Still got my Vestax VCI 100, however, no sound card, and only 2 USB ports on the Mac. My son has my AK1 sound card, and I have a powered hub somewhere. So, I could possible survive, but, it would be a lot of hassle setting up installing drivers, etc., etc.

My reconfiguration worked fine on Saturday night. Out of curiosity I pushed up the channel 3 fader and the fader onscreen was jumping up and down like a mad thing.

Keeping my fingers crossed for next week.

Cheers
Les

Posted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 1:43 pm
Just wanted to find out something about the mic section on the MC6000 controller.

Is the ducking function on the mic always active or is there a way to turn it off and just conrol the music level by the faders. Would love to get the MC6000 but its a definite non starter for me if the ducking feature on the mic cannot be switched off.

Many thanks for any help

Rgds

Eamon

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 10:23 am
The ducking has a separate button and can be disabled fully. It's a cracking piece of kit BTW :)

Keith

Posted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 2:22 pm
Just rang the service centre, they received my MC6000 on Tuesday morning and after inspecting it they have had to order a part from Germany. Delivery about 3-4 working days. They are expecting to receive the part for the repairs tomorrow. They said I could possibly collect it, but, as I'm 300 miles away I don't think that is an option. I'm not gonna get it back til next week. In the meantime I've got sort out an alternative way of working for my busy Friday & Saturday nightclub residency. Grrrrrrrrrr.......

Gonna setup the Vestax VCI100 and try the output from the laptop headphone socket. With this software it's not necessary to use headphones for mixing, I tend use the onscreen visuals most of the time anyway. Alternatively, I could get my AK1 back from my son.

Posted Thu 02 Feb 12 @ 6:50 am
So last night why manipulating the effects on deck 2 on my mc 6000, my mac book crashed.
Any idea as to what it could be?

Posted Sun 05 Feb 12 @ 7:37 am
livinloudzx3 wrote :
So last night why manipulating the effects on deck 2 on my mc 6000, my mac book crashed.
Any idea as to what it could be?

resolved!

A new update is available :)

Posted Sun 05 Feb 12 @ 1:40 pm
Well, got thru the weekend with my Vestax VCI100 setup. Output from the headphone socket and thanks to VDJ was beatmixing like a champ visually :)

Haven't heard from the Service Centre yet. :(

Posted Mon 06 Feb 12 @ 9:44 pm
@DJsoulman

Les, do you need to borrow a soundcard?

I've got a little N.I. Audio 2 DJ sat here doing nothing, & it's probably small enough to fit in a jiffy bag & post 1st class.

Let me know if you're interested. Probably best via facebook or similar, as I don't check in here that often.

Posted Tue 07 Feb 12 @ 5:42 am
Thanks Ian, replied on Facebook ;)

Posted Tue 07 Feb 12 @ 8:42 pm
Sitting in silence waiting for UPS delivery returning my Denon MC6000. :)

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 2:53 am
It's back. :)

Time to re-assemble my flight case........... ooh, and a firmware update. :)

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 7:46 am
GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Been testing my MC6000 that was returned to me today from the Warranty Service Centre.

The centre navigation button was very tight on rotating it and pressing to select does not work anymore!!!

There is no obvious click when attempting to press it and seems to be hardly any movement.

Has anyone else had this problem after doing a firmware update to v1011?

Gonna be an very angry phone call tormorrow!!!

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 6:00 pm
Not good Les, sounds like another hardware fault.

Keith

Posted Fri 10 Feb 12 @ 6:16 am
Personally I think it was carelessly put together after the repair and where is the Quality Control? There's something loose rattling around inside!!! Surely it should have been thoroughly tested before being returned.

Props to DJSuperstore, Essex, rang them this morning and they are gonna replace my MC6000 with a brand new one. :)

Posted Fri 10 Feb 12 @ 7:11 am
Used my new replacement MC6000 delivered yesterday for a stress free gig last night, ahh bliss. :)

Posted Sat 18 Feb 12 @ 4:09 am
Used my new replacement MC6000 delivered yesterday

First thing I did was to update the firmware.

As it was replacing my previous MC6000, there was nothing to setup, just plug and go.

Had a stress free gig last night, ahh bliss. :)

Posted Sat 18 Feb 12 @ 4:13 am
Good to hear. Glad your supplier looked after you after the botched repair!

Keith

Posted Sat 18 Feb 12 @ 5:10 am
74%