Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 34

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue where the sound for both of my 3700's seem to be getting sent through the left deck and to the corresponding channel on my mixer, instead of through each deck seperately. I've had it working previously but doesn't seem to be now.

I have the following setup:

---Hardware---
* USB cables from both decks directly into individual USB ports on laptop.
* RCA cables from each deck into seperate channels on mixer.
* Midi Channel set to 1 on both decks.
* Device Number set to ALL on both decks.
* Mixer and Decks work perfectly in CD or USB modes.

---Software---
* Windows 7 32-bit.
* VDJ Settings: Input=None, Output=External Mixer, Soundcard=ASIO Denon Driver.
* Both decks are showing in ASIO Driver config, however they used to display as DN-S3700_1 and DN-S3700_2 respectively (when I had everything working correctly previously), now they both seem to show as DN-S3700_0 for some reason - which I thought might be an indication of the problem if they are being detected as the same device?
* ASIO devices are both enabled in config.
* Have tried multiple ASIO Driver versions.
* The decks are both detected by VDJ and I can successfully play tracks on each, it just seems to be the sound that is not outputting correctly.

Any thoughts?

Posted Mon 05 Mar 12 @ 4:53 pm
Hi, i purchased 2 pairs of Denon DN-S5000 CD and mp3 turn tables and with a denon DN-X800 mixer. the person i bought it off of only demonstrated it on cd only. but i want to run it on a laptop on the program Virtual DJ but i have no idea how i would set this up , iv looked at countless videos trying to find my answer but every video i think would help me out doesnt. can some one please help me out with my problem it would be greatly appreciated, thank you .

Posted Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 2:19 am

Posted Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 4:14 am
DENON SC3900 MIDI MAP ANYONE, ANYONE,

i MIGHT BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO GET THESE PLAYERS / CONTROLLERS, BUT I WAS HOPING THAT VDJ WOULD PUT OUT A MIDI MAP FOR IT, BEFORE IT GOT NATIVE CONTROL IN VDJ8, DOES ANYONE OVER AT VDJ HAVE A MIDI MAP MADE FOR THIS, I HAVE BEEN TALKING WITH DENON DJ ON FACEBOOK, THEY REFER IT TO A MAGIC DAY WHEN IT GET RELEASED, I KNOW THAT VDJ CAN DO BETTER THEN THAT! THERE IS ALREADY THE MIDI MAP OUT FOR SERATO, SOMEONE PLEASE SHINE SOME LIGHTING ON THIS !!!

Posted Tue 17 Apr 12 @ 3:27 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes is anyone working on the platters, thats what im concerned with, a lot of money for basically a midi controller with spinning platters , but if it perfect, then that would be the holy grail for vdj...getting the denon 3900 working the way it supposed is designed will make vdj stand out and be a seroius contender.. I know its just my opinion, using timecode is going bacwards this could be the future, i remember when the cdj's came out and vinyl djs dogged them..

Praying for a good spinning platter from deno

Posted Tue 17 Apr 12 @ 9:44 pm
I have an issue with an HC-4500. Sound always works, so does the LEDs and buttons. but every now and then the jog wheel quits working. It only happens after its been idle for a while. I keep virtual dj open all day to run slide shows for a bar and when its time to play a night I have to turn the controller off, toggle the "rescan for new devices" close out VDJ, turn the controller back on, then start VDJ and toggle devices again, then the jog wheel works perfectly. On some days I dont have to do this and it just works as it should.

When its not working and I move the wheel, a red dot shows up in the center of the jog wheel indicator on the LCD screen.

Anyone know whats going on?

Im running VDJ 7.0.5b on a PC with Win 7 64bit

Firmware of the controller is v1006

Any suggestions? Thank you

Also I forgot to mention one night I got it working again and then about 5 minutes later it was not working.

Posted Sat 21 Apr 12 @ 1:53 pm
It could be that the USB ports on the computer are set to turn off "to allow power saving".

So if/when the HC4500 is sitting doing nothing - connected but not being used - the computer turns off the USB socket, thinking it's not being used. When you're actively using the HC4500, pressing buttons etc. then it won't happen.

Check the settings for the USB ports.

Posted Thu 26 Apr 12 @ 5:18 am
Ny_ianLE userMember since 2012
hey i have a denon dns-3500 an vj 7 on macbook
what do i needed for it to play with the vj 7?? sound card??

Posted Thu 26 Apr 12 @ 9:08 pm
The only way you'll be able to use the 3500 with VDJ is to run a timecode CD via a suitable sound card (one that has inputs and outputs, such as the MAYA 44 USB). This will only allow you to stop and start tracks though, and only one at a time.

You won't be able to control any other parts of VDJ like you can with a USB MIDI controller.

It would make more sense to buy yourself an all-in-one controller and soundcard if you plan to use VDJ.

Posted Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 12:43 pm
Denon 3900 with VDJ.

So anyone here using the 3900s with VDJ? any updates on a spinning platter mapping? Or does hybrid mode work well?

Posted Mon 07 May 12 @ 9:08 pm
Oh man cannot wait to go home and play with my new toy......just got confirmation that my new Denon MC3000 is awaiting my arrival......

feeling like a kid on christmas morning.....lol

Posted Thu 10 May 12 @ 4:38 pm
fndj1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
So I use a pair of DNS3700's in midi mode and dn-x1600 mixer with the USB connection for mid (not soundcard). Things seem to be fine for an hour or so and then a song I'm playing will loop over and over again with a scratch at the beginning of the loop. Hard to diagnose because it seems to happen randomly. If I shut VDJ down it keeps doing it; only way to stop it is to shut computer down! This time it was a barmitzvah; wedding tomorrow and I can't afford to have that happen again. What causes it and how can I fix it?

Virtual 7.05, ASUS Notebook 1.73 GHz (Turbo Mode) Windows 7 64Bit, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M, 1536MB Dedicated Video Memory, one external driver

Posted Sat 19 May 12 @ 1:05 am
We just got in our Denon MC3000, hooked it up, and it worked right out of the box. Im assuming it was because we previously had a MC6000 connected to this PC.

BUT, the only thing is, the crossfader does not work. VDJ is receiving MIDI because the graphical crossfader is moving, but the sound doesnt change.

Im using VDJ7, latest release.

Sound setup is as follows:

Inputs: Line Ins (have tried it with none also)
Outputs: Headphones
Soundcard: Denon ASIO

Any help will be appreciated.

DJ Mark

Posted Thu 24 May 12 @ 11:40 am
Check in the VDJ config settings and make sure the crossfader isn't disabled.

Keith

Posted Thu 24 May 12 @ 12:32 pm
Also, check the CF MODE button on the MC3000 - This allows you to toggle the crossfader between controlling audio, video or both.

Posted Thu 24 May 12 @ 1:09 pm
Cant get vdj 7 to accept the 1700 soundcard, keep getting that it is not connected or the settings are incorrect.

have got ver 2000 on 'the beast'.

Asio 2.2.2 installed and is recognizing the x1700 on the asio control panel and set to 96 khz and 24 bit, however i can't seem to change these settings? is this normal?

I cant seem to find a set up guide for the x1700 and vdj anywhere.

Posted Thu 31 May 12 @ 12:26 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE MIXER SETTINGS TO 44.1K IT IS IN THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL FROM DENON HOW TO DO IT

sINCERELY dj JAMM

SORRY ABUT CAPS

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 12:33 am
rachsafPRO InfinityMember since 2012
i'm having a problem i have the denon hc4500 virtual dj 7 and mac osx lion 10.7.4 the controller connects to my laptop, all the buttons work but the screens on the hc4500 remain blank they just say ''link'' when ever i hit a button anybody know how to make the screens show all the info and to make the buttons light up like they should?

Posted Fri 08 Jun 12 @ 8:48 am
I recently bought two Denon SC-3900 media controllers and a Denon X1600 Mixer. I have it hooked up so that the 3900's are in Hybrid Midi Mode. They are connected into the X1600 with RCA cords, and the 1600 is setup to send the Timecode signal to the software, and return the audio signal.

I have everything working as far as my timecode is going in, my music is coming out. The problem is that no matter what I do with the timecode settings, I cannot get it to work well. I've gone through the timecode config instructions on this site, but I can't achieve the proper looking signal on any settings I've tried.

As a result, I get weird noises when playing as well as an interesting phenomenon where the song will start out playing just fine at normal speed, but gradually slow down as it plays. So a minute into the song it's at like -8%. This is with the pitch slider set right at 0 and is not touched.

Has anyone used this hardware and found settings that work well?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 9:24 am
So I am new to the controller world and am trying to set up my Denon MC3000 - for some reason I cannot get the pre-cueing to work properly. I have been through what seems about a million different changes and nothing seems to work. Very frustrating b/c I know this is a great controller and coming over from dJay for Mac, I am already impressed with the layout of VDJ...but it's all for naught if I can't cue up music in my headphones!! Help!!! Thanks!!

Posted Wed 11 Jul 12 @ 11:10 pm
76%