Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 32

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi

Can someone please give me a guide on how to configure VDJ and the DN-MC6000 so I can listen to one deck while another is playing. I have followed all the guides here and no matter what config I try I cant listen to the next track unless I turn up the volume on that deck but then it also plays on the speakers.

Ive tried both Asio and WDM methods and using Advanced sound config. I have the latest drivers and firmware.

My Master out is L/R with RCA cables.

Regards,

DJ Miks

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 7:49 am

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 8:28 am
Support staff wrote :

Thanks for your help but that was one of the first things I tried. I did just discover however the cue button above the volume turns on/off the headphones so I can now listen to the next track while having the volume on that deck at zero.

Is there a way on this console that once you have the next song at the correct loop you can just bring it in at the same level. At the moment it seems I have to adjust the volume slider to bring it to the speakers and then fade out of the other deck.

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 8:35 am
grug wrote :
I did just discover however the cue button above the volume turns on/off the headphones so I can now listen to the next track while having the volume on that deck at zero

The CUE (PFL) button of each channel lets you select which channel(s) you want to pre-listen to with headphones. This is standard for almost any DJ mixer.

grug wrote :
Is there a way on this console that once you have the next song at the correct loop you can just bring it in at the same level. At the moment it seems I have to adjust the volume slider to bring it to the speakers and then fade out of the other deck.

That's the whole point of a DJ mixer - You listen to the song first in your headphone to cue up the song, check the gain and beat match it with the other deck. Once in sync, you then raise the volume slider to blend it into the live mix and then take down the slider for the other deck. Alternatively, you can use the crossfader if you assign the appropriate decks to the left/right sides of it.

If you want the software to do this for you, simply map a spare button that you don't use to mix_now - This will automatically mix on demand between the left/right decks. See: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20change%20the%20mapping%20for%20a%20button.html

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 9:37 am

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 4:31 pm
Just one more thing about the DN-MC6000. I notice every time I start VDJ it alters the starting position of the volume sliders on the skin and I have to manually adjust the volume level on the skin. Is there a fix for this?

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 5:55 am
It's so the software matches the hardware.

If you wish to disable this, please follow the instructions on http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-MC6000.html (Last step in the
2 deck external hardware mixer configruation:
section.)

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 7:40 am
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
cstoll wrote :
DJ JAMM --

I will try and take another look into the 3700s. We have been overwhelmed with providing support for new controllers this year. We have doubled the number of supported controllers in just the last 10 months, so it has been non-stop with deadlines. Not that there is a 'shortage' of controllers right now, but I do have some time to look into the 3700s again.

how is the platter resolution going with the 3700s
Sincerely DJ JAMM

Posted Thu 08 Dec 11 @ 12:32 am
tito850Home userMember since 2005
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Denon MC3000 when it is realesed.
Is there or will there soon be support from VDJ Pro?

Posted Fri 09 Dec 11 @ 8:33 am

Posted Fri 09 Dec 11 @ 10:08 am
Hi, wanna ask if anyone been facing issues with the booth-out outputs on the mc6000.

Posted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 6:36 pm

Posted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 6:21 am
is there a way to make the dns3700 platter in hybrid mode stop at the end of a track ?

it stop in midi mode but not in hybrid mode.

same when loading a song.

thanks

Posted Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 11:56 am
No, that's not possible. When the S3700 functions in HYBRID mode, the platter motor is controlled by the deck itself, not from the software. In other words in HYBRID mode the platter motor does not accept MIDI commands.

Posted Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 4:30 pm
thanks for the reply

Posted Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 4:32 pm

Posted Mon 19 Dec 11 @ 2:34 am
markdPRO InfinityMember since 2003
HELP! Platters are not spinning on Dennon 3700's.

Downloaded latest firmware, connecting both to mac book via usb. Sound coming out of motu ultarlite firewire card everything seems to work except the platters don't spin. Running 7.5VDJ. Could someone please guide me on the fix for this?

thx
Mark

Posted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 8:57 am
First of all push the "PLATTER MODE" button on the DENONs.
If that doesn't work then reset your mapper to the factory defaults and try again.
If it still doesn't work map a button on your keyboard with the following VDJ script commands and use it once to reset your jogs:

"deck 1 wheel_mode 'jog' & deck 1 vinyl_mode 1 & deck 2 wheel_mode 'jog' & deck 2 vinyl_mode 1"

PS: I assume that your platters spin as they should when you're using CD's, right ? (To eliminate the chance of a hardware issue)

Posted Fri 23 Dec 11 @ 4:29 am
Just bought an XPS15, i5 computer and have read many forums and threads to try to run VDJ 7 and HC4500 on Win 7 64-bit and have read mixed results. Following instructions regarding Denon ASIO drivers 1 (for 64-bit, albeit Vista not Win 7 as is on my new machine), not 2.2 (32-bit), I cannot get them to recognize the HC4500. For grins, I uninstalled the ASIO 2.2 and installed the ASIO 1, and the ASIO 1 interface recognizes the HC4500, but obviously won't work (32 vs 64b) in VDJ. Any ideas or is this configuration (Win 7 64b+HC4500+VDJ7) not supported? BTW, sorry if I missed a thread that speaks.

Posted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 11:28 pm
jaimechavez wrote :
Just bought an XPS15, i5 computer and have read many forums and threads to try to run VDJ 7 and HC4500 on Win 7 64-bit and have read mixed results. Following instructions regarding Denon ASIO drivers 1 (for 64-bit, albeit Vista not Win 7 as is on my new machine), not 2.2 (32-bit), I cannot get them to recognize the HC4500. For grins, I uninstalled the ASIO 2.2 and installed the ASIO 1, and the ASIO 1 interface recognizes the HC4500, but obviously won't work (32 vs 64b) in VDJ. Any ideas or is this configuration (Win 7 64b+HC4500+VDJ7) not supported? BTW, sorry if I missed a thread that speaks.

Additional info: Jog Trns Int = 10mS (like in Vista); latest firmware in HC4500; everything has worked perfectly for a long time on my old XP machine.

Posted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 11:31 pm
72%