Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 24

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AniminePRO InfinityMember since 2010
Found the answer on the DenonDJ forum, wait for firmware upgrade. Last night I switched back to VDJ 7.01 and issues resolved for now.

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 3:53 am
DjgreetPRO InfinityMember since 2005
yes is it true no problem in 7.01 ?

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 12:10 pm
drjustPRO InfinityMember since 2006
how do i connect 4 numark v7s to the dnx 1700..so that VJD recognizances all the hardwear.......the numarks dont have s/pidif outs

Posted Sat 19 Feb 11 @ 5:34 pm
DjgreetPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I send a ticket for the 7.01 version.
I have 1 week for solvet my problem.
Thx for your tip

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 5:30 am
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I am having issues with keylock when using the S3700 in Hybrid Mode. It does not seem to be working. I have check in the performance tab and it's set to advanced. Any ideas?

VDJ 7.0.2
3700 2020 FW I am not using it's sound card.

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 2:37 pm
Have you chosen CONFIG -> Performances -> PureScratch ?

If so, master tempo/keylock cannot be used.

Choose one of the other options (Advanced Stretching recommended if your computer is fast enough.)

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 2:56 pm
Thanks for the idea. I verified that it is on Advanced Stretching and that the key lock does work when the 3700 is NOT in Hybrid mode. Any other suggestions?

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 9:54 pm
Additionally the pitch bends buttons work with the keylock function properly. The pitch slider is still susceptible to key changing with keylock on in hybrid mode.

Posted Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 1:02 am
Alright lads ! (n lasses)

Just tonight VDJ stopped recognising my MC6000, disappeared from the drop-down menu in mappers also. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the Denon ASIO drivers as well as VDJ itself trying to resolve this issue with no joy.

The usb device is showing in device manager so it seems the sound board if fine and when I hit play on the software the tracks are playing through the MC6000 and the volume controls still work, its just the unit isn't responding to VDJ, jog wheels don't work along with play/cue etc.

I've been modding my lappy so much over the last few days maximising latency, that I might have made a school boy error being ignorant. I'm hoping one of you more experienced lads can maybe put me back on the right track. (new firmware was done on day of release)

Basically I just want VDJ to recognise the MC6000 again. :)

Posted Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 8:37 pm

Posted Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 3:56 am
wavelengthcarver wrote :

I've been modding my lappy so much over the last few days maximising latency, that I might have made a school boy error being ignorant. I'm hoping one of you more experienced lads can maybe put me back on the right track. (new firmware was done on day of release)
Basically I just want VDJ to recognise the MC6000 again. :)

Support staff wrote :
Have you installed the latest firmware from http://www.denondj.com ?

Indeed I have, I'm plugging away to sort it again, I think it's something to do with the driver which I've uninstalled and re-installed several times now, I'm baffled. It really was a case of VDJ was finding it and then not in the click of a finger.

Posted Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 4:58 am
jpboggis wrote :
Unfortunately this is not currently possible because each DN-SC2000 is seen as a dual deck controller by VirtualDJ (Because of the DECK CHG layer function that allows one player to be used to control two decks.)

It's not currently possible to have a dual deck controller assigned to decks 1&3 or 2&4.

The MIDI channel must not be changed from the default, otherwise it will not work with VirtualDJ.

A little confused here. What if I buy two of these DN-SC2000s. Can I hook up one to control the left deck and the other one to control the right deck?

Posted Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 6:59 pm
Ok I finally figured it out. In the timecode config, I had disabled the pitch control (facepalm). So after I enabled it, I played with the pitch sensibility until I was comfortable with the adjustments. One thing to note is that the software pitch slider does not move unless the key of the song is changed by the timecode signal (my pitch setting at 6% for the .02 resolution) so keylock function works...magically delicious.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 1:29 am
djchris73 wrote :
A little confused here. What if I buy two of these DN-SC2000s. Can I hook up one to control the left deck and the other one to control the right deck?

Each will be seen as a 2 deck controller by VirtualDJ, so by default with a 4 deck skin, the first unit will be assigned to decks 1&2 and the second unit to deck 3&4

You could via CONFIG -> Mappers assign both to decks left & right, and then use the DECK button on the second unit to toggle to controlling the right deck.

However, you will then not be able to toggle the deck assignments from the SC2000 unless you map an a button to do this, e.g:

action_deck 1 ? deck 3 leftdeck : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 rightdeck : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 leftdeck : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 rightdeck : nothing

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 7:09 am
Support staff wrote :
You could via CONFIG -> Mappers assign both to decks left & right, and then use the DECK button on the second unit to toggle to controlling the right deck.

However, you will then not be able to toggle the deck assignments from the SC2000 unless you map an a button to do this, e.g:

action_deck 1 ? deck 3 leftdeck : action_deck 2 ? deck 4 rightdeck : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 leftdeck : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 rightdeck : nothing

That's cool. I don't want to toggle. I want the left DN-SC2000 to control Deck 1 (or left turntable) and the right DN-SC2000 to control Deck 2 (right turntable) on my GUI (I still use VDJ 5 skins, even though I'm using 7.0.2).

Thanks!

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 7:40 am
If you are using a 2 deck skin, they will be both be assigned to decks 1&2 by default.

On the second unit, use the DECK button to switch to controlling deck 2.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 7:43 am
Support staff wrote :
If you are using a 2 deck skin, they will be both be assigned to decks 1&2 by default.

On the second unit, use the DECK button to switch to controlling deck 2.

Cool. Thanks.

Last question: it shouldn't be an issue two run a pair of DN-SC2000s and my wireless mouse through a USB Hub, right? I'm limited on the number of USB ports available to me. I do plan on running my soundcard through a different USB port, btw.

Posted Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 12:27 am
Providing it is a USB 2.0 hub (Most should be nowadays) and it is mains powered, then it should be OK.

If it is unpowered, then there will not be enough power on a single port of your laptop to drive all 3 of these devices.

Posted Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 5:48 am
Support staff wrote :
Providing it is a USB 2.0 hub (Most should be nowadays) and it is mains powered, then it should be OK.

If it is unpowered, then there will not be enough power on a single port of your laptop to drive all 3 of these devices.

Right on, thanks. I kind of jumped the gun and "impulse" bought a pair of these, LOL. Thanks again.

Posted Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 5:59 am
Hello all - I have owned my Denon DN-S3700 and Numark Cue for over a year and I have NEVER been able to make the two work in MIDI. Can anyone post detailed settings for these trio??
Working Conditions:
HP DV9000
Windows Vista
Numark Cue (latest update)
Denon ASIO drivers (latest update)
Denon DN-S3700 (latest firmware update)

I have tried just about everything I can think of without success. Thanks for all of your help.

Eddie

Posted Sat 26 Feb 11 @ 9:05 am
54%