Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 23

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

hey guys wats up? just a small question wen playing in midi mode on the denon 3700 with virtual dj is there a better setting for wen u backspin is sounds better

Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 6:33 am
anyone know if there is or will be firmware update fo denon hd 2500 thanks cant seem to see it has been updated

Posted Thu 27 Jan 11 @ 4:09 pm

Posted Fri 28 Jan 11 @ 12:42 pm
deejay72PRO SubscriberMember since 2009
hi guys..currently running vdj 7.0pro and having issues with my 2x 1200's. if i set both to midi ch1 both deck display same vdj deck ie both deck 1 or when i push eject both deck 2 if i change left to midi1 and right to midi 2 only left connects....any ideas? also could i set it up so left deck would control vdj deck 1&3 and right deck control vdj deck 2&4.

many thanks in advance

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 5:12 am

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 12:37 pm
Denon x1600 setup as SIMPLE MIDI WRAPPER, wheres the definition file ??
When downloading the x1600 mapper from the addons the \"EXE\" installs a X1600 definition file in devices. The only time u can get to that is if in the midi drop down box in mappers during config and u have show connected devices unchecked. Which does me no good.
However when selecting the Simple MIDI wrapper then u can utilize the controller and as a midi function. That being said, i can add scripts to that (pic below) and will work accordingly but i cannot find the actual definition file to copy all the x1600 scripts from there to the SIM,MID.WRP. def file..
I know it seems like im rambling but i have asked this in many other topic locations without any success.

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 5:36 pm
I have a problem with one of my DN-S3700's becoming non responsive while using Virtual DJ. Yesterday I tried with the latest 3700 firmware (2020) and the latest VDJ version available. MIDI CH =1, Trans = 10ms, Unit = All on the Denons, USB Power Save unchecked on all USB ports available in Device Manager, and ASIO 1.01 runing on Windows Vista.

On my gig laptop I can play in VDJ without issues for about an hour. At that point one of the units will become unresponsive to any button press or platter movement. The other unit continues to play and respond fine. When I try to close VDJ, the program hangs up and will not close down. The only way to close it is through task manager. The laptop also takes longer than normal to shutdown as part of a reboot process.

I installed everything on my wives computer which is also running Vista. I had the exact same unit become unresponsive within 10 minutes of playing on my wive's laptop which recently had a fresh install of Windows.

The 3700's are used as controllers and sound card in VDJ. Any suggestions for additional tests are welcomed. I've had these units for almost a year now and to this date I have not been able to take them to a gig yet because of this issue.

Posted Mon 31 Jan 11 @ 10:58 am
If anyone wants to use the DN-MC6000 in two channel mode (2+3) using Virtual DJ's internal mixer and outputting using your default soundcard you'll need to use the advanced config and set it up like the picture:

If you just use the normal headphones and two card setup cueing does not work correctly.

Posted Sat 05 Feb 11 @ 11:38 am
Denon DN-MC6000 Freezes when scratching

I have a Toshiba Laptop AMD Turion 64X2, 3 GB Ram, Win Vista Home Premium 32 Bit OP Sys. I have updated the denon to most current (Feb 2011 System) Use Denon Asio driver 2.2.0. Denon latency set to 3 ms. Also have an ext. Drive Seagate 500 GB USB 2.0. I am using 2 deck operation in VDJ.

VDJ is 7.0.2. Audio is set as perscribed. Everything works fine but when scratching or using the platter control at no specific time the deck that I am using the platter on will freeze and there will be NO control from the 6000 to VDJ. The other deck will continue to play but only control is through the program using the mouse on laptop.

When I try to shut down VDJ nothing will happen but after about a minute or two a Window will pop up saying VDJ not responding. It will finally close and when I reopen it the DN-MC6000 is not recognized and the Database from the ext. HD is not recognized. I have to do a complete restart (which takes much longer than normal) to git VDJ to load properly again.

I had it playing for hours last night and again when I scratched on the platter control it FROZE. Had to do the restart procedure all over again. It will play fine until that dreaded time in the future when it will freeze.

I currently have and have been using DN-S1200's without any issues in VDJ 7.02. Please Help!

Also, saw on Denon Forum that setting CF mode to Video only and going into mappers and deleting volume from the mapper may work. Tried this and still freezes. I am running INT Mix of 6000, Inputs set to NONE, Outputs set to Ext. Mixer, Soundcard set to Denon ASIO Driver.

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 6:13 am
Update to V1002 firmware for the MC6000. It's on the Denon support site and fixes the jogwheel lockup with VDJ.

Also, Vista is crap for midi, so it may be a benefit to lower your jogwheel response time. How to do this is detailed in the dicumentation supplied with the firmware upgrade.

Keith

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 6:31 am
I have upgraded to the 1002 firmware. I downloaded it the other night. I am seeing from many posts the Vista may be the problem. I will be upgrading to Win 7 ASAP. Thanks for the response

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 9:57 am
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
kradcliffe wrote :
Update to V1002 firmware for the MC6000. It's on the Denon support site and fixes the jogwheel lockup with VDJ.

Also, Vista is crap for midi, so it may be a benefit to lower your jogwheel response time. How to do this is detailed in the dicumentation supplied with the firmware upgrade.

Keith

For XP, Win7 & OSX keep the Jog Trans setting to the 3ms default.
For Vista, set to 10-15ms
This setting is really only for Vista users.

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 9:47 pm
Do you mean in the Denon setup of MC-6000 or in Virtual DJ?

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 9:57 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
in the Denon setup.

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 10:08 am
DjgreetPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the software freeze is a Denon problem not a virtual dj problem.

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 12:02 pm
Question regarding the DN-SC2000

Can I use 2 of these for Vdj 7.0.2? One for Deck 1+3 and one for Deck 2+4? Please let me know would like to buy these troday to use instead of CDJ's thanks!

Posted Sat 12 Feb 11 @ 1:53 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
Djgreet wrote :

The software freeze "WAS" a Denon problem, but a thing of the past with new version v1002.

Posted Sat 12 Feb 11 @ 9:52 pm
DjgreetPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I know I'm waiting for the firmware update for my 2 Dn-Sc2000
@ this time I can't download it.
When come the new version v1002.
Denon DJ wrote :
Djgreet wrote :

The software freeze "WAS" a Denon problem, but a thing of the past with new version v1002.

Posted Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 4:11 am
mntoddPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hello. I just purchased the new Denon DN-MC6000 and am waiting for it to arrive. I am now using VDJpro And a Denon HC-4500 on windows vista.
Is there anything I should know about before installing the new software? Any heads-up on any issues not posted are appriciated
Do I need to un-install VDJ, Denon drivers etc. then install all fresh? Please help!

Posted Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 8:05 pm
AniminePRO InfinityMember since 2010
Since I upgraded this weekend too VDJ 7.02 I'm having freezes with a setup of 2 denon sc2000 controllers. After shutting down VDJ and unplugging/plugging both controllers in again, it works, but only one gets recognized it seems as the other controller doesn't respond to anything. It was alright on VDJ 7.01, laptop is windows 7 64 bit. All necessary drivers have been installed as it was working before... Any ideas?

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 11:40 am
51%