Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 21

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have it setup exactly as suggested in the link. The videos will not fade over. They just overlap so I have 2 videos playing at once. the audio is fading correctly.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 1:17 pm
Midi Freezing?

Starting to narrow down an issue...running VDJ Pro...latest update along with two 3700's configured and set up per the parameters in the previous posts...

System is a new Alienware spec'd out far and above the requirements...USB power management is disabled, etc. So to the two USB ports each 3700 has it's own...and my WD external hard drive is connected to the E-Sata USB port...

The 3700's link properly upon starting...VDJ luanches...sound check...all works well...and if I play for 6 hours straight...no issues....

My problem is on the nights I do band breaks...will come in and do a sound check...all works well....leave VDJ open and idle for a period of time...call it 40-50 mins...when I go to start again...player 1 (left)works fine full control....player does not load or respond...so I have to wait til the songs over and quickly power down the 3700's and close, restart VDJ...and that's usually enough for the fix....OR on one occasion when I couldn't get that to work..a fellow VDJ user showed me to go into the mappers...switch from 3700 to keyboard...then back to the 3700 and it fixed it so that player 2 would respond...so I am having an issue with the midi freezing when the system sits idle for a small period of time...

What also works is if I close out of VDJ and just restart it a few minutes before I have to start again...

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance....

I did contact Denon and they suggested just get the 3700's into the midi mode PC linked and let the system sit idle for a few hours and if that link stays good...it's possibly something within the VDJ Pro...

DJ Hangman

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 1:36 pm
OK, Under Config - Video - I had Automatic Video Crossfader Automatic checked. I turned this off and problem was solved.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 1:43 pm
Next problem I have with the Dennon MC 6000. When I open VDJ with the Dennon attached, it moves the faders down. 3/4 down on channel 1 and all the way down on channel 2. How do i stop the Dennon 6000 from movingthe faders down. Otherwise I have to manually turn the faders up with the mouse each time I open VDJ.
Thanks

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 5:11 pm
This is a recognized bug and is being looked at by Atomix.

Keith

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 1:20 am
VDJ crashes every time when I go into the effects screen on VDJ and I use the effects knob #1 on the Dennon MC6000. I turn the effects knob a few times to find an effect and VDJ closes without warning. This happens every time. This only happens when I am in the effects screen. How do i stop this?

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 2:08 am
Effect Crash Fixed. I installed a plugin today called SAMPLER MANAGER. This is what caused the crash. Every time I scrolled over it using the Dennon 6000 effect #1 knob, VDJ closed. After I removed the Sampler manager plugin I did not have the crash. Maybe someone can fix that plug in.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 2:41 am
Another Crash: The Vocal Remover Plugin will cause a Fatal Freeze on VDJ when using the scroll knob in the effects screen.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 2:59 am
@ Keith...you talking to me or Billyzee about Atomix aware of a bug?

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 1:38 pm
It was a reply to Billyzee regarding the controller fader & knob settings being copied over to VDJ on starting up the MC6000

Keith

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 1:52 pm
Hi guys, I just bought myself the denon mc 6000, added the drivers for it and followed th instructions in this thread, but all i can do is listen to the music if and only if I press play from the laptop.
I have a dell inspiron 9400 with xp service pack 3. asio is from denon 2.2.
Input - Line ins
Output - headphones Master cahn 1/2 headphones 3/4
Sound card - Denon asio

I really don't know what to do. Could someone please shed some light on how to set this up so I can control everything with the 6000.
Thks in advance.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 11 @ 9:01 pm

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 1:28 am
Thks Roy for your reply. I already have it set up as the link that you gave me, I am trying to use the 4 deck set up. One thing I find that VDJ does not detect the MC 6000 in the mappers section, I try to scan for devices and nothing comes up. Is there something I am missing? I removed the software and re installed with no luck. Is there anything I could do to my computer in order to detect it? Also I had Audio DJ 8 drivers installed but made sure I removed it before installing the Denon drivers, the only thing is that VDJ still shows that the drivers are in my computer, hope that does not make a difference. Any help would be appreciated. Thks.

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 7:04 pm
There is a box in the mappers tab beside the controller name. Right click it and try ticking / unticking Midi & HID. Sometimes that resets the link between VDJ and the controller

Keith

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 5:15 am
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
kradcliffe wrote :
It was a reply to Billyzee regarding the controller fader & knob settings being copied over to VDJ on starting up the MC6000

Keith

We built that in as a feature so that VDJ matches the MC hardware position.
Makes perfect sense for "4-deck" PC Mix operation.

If you are using 2 Deck operation, I guess it would appear as a bug to you.

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 11:26 am
I bought the MC6000 today.

VDJ does not recognise my MC6000.

I have uninstalled all previous VMS4 drivers.

I have reinstalled VDJ7.0.2.

I have installed the DENON ASIO drivers (not that they work).

I get sound through the unit by selecting the Denon speakers option in advanced config. I need to go through advanced config to use the mic loopback for broadcast.

But I cannot control any part of VDJ with the hardware.

I have the unit set on Int Mix, the selector switch to PC, and the Output Source to Rec out/Mic.

When I click in the drop down in mappers and select it to only show connected devices, it only shows keyboard. I have clicked and unclicked every option in there and rescanned a number of times.

I have repeatedly hit shift & browse to try and get a connection going.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 12:36 pm
The MC6000 should be plug 'n' play with the latest VirtualDJ v7.0.2

If you only see keyboard in the mappers list and no Simple MIDI Wrapper, then the MC6000 is not being detected as a MIDI device altogether. Make sure that option to use MIDI is ticked - Click on the button to the right of the drop-down list to check this.

Do you have a Logitech webcam, or have you had one installed at any point? These can conflict with MIDI devices and prevent them from working. However, this is unlikely if you have had the VMS4 working.

Download the tool http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe and run it with VirtualDJ and all other applications closed. Do you see the MC6000 listed in the right-hand sections?

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 12:54 pm
Hi there thanks for the quick response.

Never had any webcam as lappy comes with one integrated.

Ran the link you gave and in the two boxes on the right it says:

Top box - [1b/1b] Microsoft GS wavetable synth
[ffff/ffff] DN-MC6000

Bottom box - [ffff/ffff] DN-MC6000

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 1:08 pm
High-light the MC6000 in both sections and click SEND.

Also, press the PLAY button on the left deck.

Copy and paste the resulting output.

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 1:11 pm
OK did that and nothing happened. Tried pressing play before, during and after pressing send.

For reference, the box next to the send button had: F0 7E 7F 06 01 F7.

MC6000 is switched on, only thing running is Firefox.

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 1:18 pm
47%