Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 20

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SGS606PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Denon DJ wrote :
SGS606 wrote :
Denon DN-MC6000 / VirtualDJ 7 Pro Full

Hi

Could you tell me what im doing wrong?

I have set up VirtualDJ & my Denon DN-MC6000 to run on 2 players as per instructions, no problems everything works fine,but when I try to mix with the crossfader on MC6000 mixer I cant monitor the opposite side i/e if crossfader on side A cant monitor / cue side B.
Have tried to disable crossfader in VirtualDJ 7 but makes no difference mixer always contols software crossover function even though not controlling line fader function.
The mixer set to internal mix and can monitor if the crossfader on the mixer is in the center.
I am sure at some stage during using the mixer the software crossover was fixed to the center and only mixed through the mixer, not VirtualDJ.

Many thanks
Steve
--
Windows 7 Professional
VirtualDJ 7 Pro Full

Did you set the CF mode to [video] ?

Are you using v701 or v702 ?

Thanks for the reply

The crossfader mode is set to audio and V7.0.2 being used

MC6000 controls software crossover but not line fader volume is this correct.
when you open VDJ line faders on screen go from 100% to 0 and to operate need to be adjusted on screen before you can use,MC6000 has no control over on screen faders in 2 player mode.

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Steve

Posted Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 11:37 am
When used in INT MIX mode, the MC6000 is a real hardware mixer (Use the External Mixer option in VirtualDJ's sound config) and will not control the internal software mixer in VirtualDJ.

If you are using it in this way, you should CF MODE to either video only or off. Otherwise you will crossfade out the audio in VirtualDJ before it reaches the MC6000 hardware mixer and you will not be able to headphone pre-listen.

Posted Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 4:57 pm
DJTMNYPRO InfinityMember since 2009
DENON MC600 QUEUE ISSUE:

I cannot queue the next track to be played in my headphones. As you can imagine, this is a huge problem.

I am using the INT MIX mode. I figured out during the week that channels 1 and 4 should not be set to midi.
Volumes on channels 2 and 3 are set to full.
I am using a 2 deck skin.

Inputs: Line-Ins
Outputs: External Mixer Deck 1: Chan 1&2 / Deck 2: Chan 3&4
Sound card: 4-In/4-Out Card: MC6000

Maybe there is a way through the mappings to configure this correctly?

Please advise as I need this fixed quickly.

thanx in advance, DJ T-Money (DJT$)

Posted Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 1:00 pm
When using INT MIX (Hardware mixer) mode, make sure that CF MODE for the crossfader on the MC6000 is set to either video only or off. If it controlling the audio crossfader in VirtualDJ, then the sound will faded out by VirtualDJ's software mixer before it reaches the MC6000, preventing you from headphone pre-listening.

Posted Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 1:05 pm
From the VDJ wiki http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DenonMIDISetup.html

Quote :
If you have 2 5500s - Go into the Denon Asio driver program, there will be two 5500s listed under devices. Disable one of them.

Each unit has two stereo out connections so you will only use one player to send audio to your mixer.
You will need to use some trial and error to determine which one is the active unit.

Is this still true for VDJ7, or does it need updating?

My understanding was that VDJ now supports multiple sound cards.

The Denon ASIO driver is also supposed to support multiple Denon units, according to Denons own documentation.

Now that VDJ7 has four deck capability, it would be nice to make use of all four stereo ASIO channels on a pair of HS5500s.

Posted Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 2:19 pm
Izm123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I've been using 2 DN-HS5500's in VD7 in 4 Deck mode for last 2 months and its been working great as long as you only use 1st layer on both players. Currently 1st HS-5500 is set to Decks 1&2, 2nd HS-5500 is assigned to Decks 2&3.(So i can only use decks 1&2) The current settings options are very limiting. To have true Left and Right logic we need an option for Decks 1&3 for left and Decks 2&4 for right...that way you could use the layers and toggle! Right now available assignment options are left&right, 1&2, 2&3 and 3&4. None of these options work fully for owners of 2 HS5500's. I hope a VirtualDJ Developer can add assignment Decks 1&3 for 1st Denon and 2&4 for 2nd Denon.

Posted Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 12:49 am
I have 2 HS-5500, VDJ 7 Pro, Windows 7. Everything works well except that while playing the second (right) deck slows down (almost slurring) when the platter is activated. It comes back to speed if the platter de-activates. Not sure if it's hardware or software. Has any HS-5500 users experience this problem?
Any suggestion.

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 9:35 am
I've been experimenting with my HS5500s to help out someone who's just bought a pair.

He was trying to set them up, and having issues, so I stepped in.

I have managed to set up all four decks in VDJ 7.0.2 (two 5500s, two layers) and get it all working so the audio feeds into four separate channels of my mixer. It wasn't easy, but it's possible.

However, there is a major problem with support for the spinning platter.

If you want it to work properly, you have to use very specific versions of VDJ 6.0.x - which then means you can only use two decks.

I tried it on 6.0.4 and the platters work correctly. Apparently they work OK up until 6.0.7 where support is broken again.

6.0.1 also doesn't work, as that's what the guy I mentioned was using initially. He had to request 6.0.4 from support.

Versions 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 I don't know as I've not tried them.

I've sent a message to support about it, so I'd suggest that anyone with HS5500s does the same.

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 1:53 pm
Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 7:53 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been experimenting with my HS5500s to help out someone who's just bought a pair.

He was trying to set them up, and having issues, so I stepped in.

I have managed to set up all four decks in VDJ 7.0.2 (two 5500s, two layers) and get it all working so the audio feeds into four separate channels of my mixer. It wasn't easy, but it's possible.

However, there is a major problem with support for the spinning platter.

If you want it to work properly, you have to use very specific versions of VDJ 6.0.x - which then means you can only use two decks.

I tried it on 6.0.4 and the platters work correctly. Apparently they work OK up until 6.0.7 where support is broken again.

6.0.1 also doesn't work, as that's what the guy I mentioned was using initially. He had to request 6.0.4 from support.

Versions 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 I don't know as I've not tried them.

I've sent a message to support about it, so I'd suggest that anyone with HS5500s does the same.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH WILL DO!

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 6:26 am
sirivePRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have VDJ 7.0.2 & MC6000. I start up and all starts out perfectly, then out of nowhere VDJ stops responding to the MC6000, then freezes comepletely. HELP!!

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 12:28 pm
sirive wrote :
I have VDJ 7.0.2 & MC6000. I start up and all starts out perfectly, then out of nowhere VDJ stops responding to the MC6000, then freezes comepletely. HELP!!

This is being looked in to by Denon & Atomix. Keep an eye on the MC6000 thread for updates.

Keith

Posted Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 4:32 pm
I have been trying every configuration with this MC6000 and nothing works for the fader and headphones.

VDJ setup Input : none
Output : Headphones
Soundcard 4:1
Master: Rear output Headphones Front

Dennon - Int Mix.

I load a song in the Deck 2 and deck 1 stops playing. Then only the song in deck 2 is heard in the headphones for both deck's headphone cue.

How do I configure this to work?

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 7:09 am
When I load a song to the 2nd deck, the other deck stops all sound, but the song is still playing in that deck. Then the sound of the newly loaded song is only available on both sides of the fader.
How do I configure VDJ? Should I use a 2nd sound card?

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 11:40 am
INT MIX enables hardware audio mixing mode and uses the middle two channels of the MC6000 for left and right deck. For this, you need to set Outputs: External Mixer and make sure that CF Mode for the crossfader is set to video only of off, otherwise you will crossfade out the sound in VirtualDJ's software mixer before it reaches the MC6000 and you will not be able to headphone pre-listen.

If you wish to mix with all 4 channels in software mixer mode, set the switch on the back of the MC6000 to PC MIX.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 1:45 pm
Here is my set up
Input Line in
Output: External Mixer Deck 1 channel 1/2, Deck 2 channel 3/4
Sound Card : Asio Driver - Denon DJ Asio driver

Int Mixer on
CF Mode video - There is not and off. Also I need the Cf on to mix music and videos. Any way I tried that with all settings

Problem now: I only get the cue in the headphones from the Line input that the fader is on sending out to the main. The other deck plays no music with cue on unless I move the fade over. So I only am hearing what ever is going out to the main thru the headphones.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 6:55 pm
CF Mode toggles between audio only, audio+video, video only.

Press it to toggle so that only video is lit (So it controls the video crossfader only), otherwise you will be controlling the internal software crossfader in VirtualDJ, so no sound will be output to the MC6000 for the deck that is crossfaded out and you will not be able to headphone pre-listen from the MC6000 when in INT MIX mode.

Make sure that the software audio crossfader (On the skin) is in centre.

Alternatively, go to CONFIG -> Options and set Crossfader to Disabled.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 7:42 pm
If I set it up either of those ways I can not control the video fades.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 8:19 pm
The Denon DN MC6000 is unable to cue the VDJ tracks and fade videos. They have to fix that! Or maybe someone knows a way to map a solution. I can't beat mix without this function.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 9:44 pm

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 1:03 pm
jpboggis wrote :
you may not have set it up incorrectly.

....which would mean he's set it correctly!

:-)

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 1:08 pm
45%