Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 19

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Wow... No reply?

Posted Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 4:52 pm
Hi there. A mapper for Denon Mc6000 and the traktor S4 controller when will be available ? Thank you

Posted Thu 09 Dec 10 @ 9:55 pm
The Denon DN-MC6000 is already natively supported in VirtualDJ v7 ready for the release of this new controller, which has been designed for use with VirtualDJ.

The S4 is designed exclusively for use with Traktor and is not currently supported by VirtualDJ.

Posted Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 6:56 am
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
GadgetMan wrote :
Question for DenonDJ and/or VDJ Team...

With the VMS4 I can assign Inputs 1&2 from the VMS4 to the record loopback in VDJ 7 so that I can record/broadcast the output from the mixer including analogue devices an the Mic.

Is this possible with the DN-MC6000?

Roy

Roy, yes, there are two options for USB Recording.
CH 1 / 4
or
Rec / Mic

Posted Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 11:33 am
dydy1 wrote :
Denon DN-S1200 system version software 3020 Is problematic with Mac OSX 10.5.6. In Midi mode when connected to a Mac they keep getting disconnected every now.

Disconnects when connected to VDJ ?
Or
Disconnects when connected to the MAC "without" VDJ open?

Quote :
Don' t ask me why I want to control that light in midi mode but I hope Denon staff can make this option possible in the next firmware update!

Sorry, the MIDI protocol is fixed, its not possible to add this one item.

Posted Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 11:37 am
Denon DJ wrote :
Roy, yes, there are two options for USB Recording.
CH 1 / 4
or
Rec / Mic

Can you expand on this please as the above makes no sense whatsoever. What I am expecting is that the master output is sent back to the PC to beither picked up by audio software such as Audacity or that VDJ can pick this up as the "Record Loopback" which means I can broadcast it.

Master output should be fairly obvious, however just to be clear I mean any/all USB or analogue channels, plus mic, plus EQ etc - in other words what I would be sending to my output stage.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 11:46 am

Posted Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 12:19 pm
Is it just me or is this just plain confusing...

From the looks of it the only signal to go back to the PC via the audio output is USB. The manual doesn't talk about being able to send the analogue or mic inputs back to the PC.

In 1/4 mode. Ch1 is USB1/2 and Ch4 is USB3/4. No analogue. no mic. And I' still not sure what Ch1 and 4 are...

In REC OUT/MIC mode. USB 1/2 is sent to the REC OUT and USB 3/4 is sent to the MIC input. No analogue, no mic and seems just plain weird.

Does this mean that the MC6000 cannot be used stanalone for Radio Broadcast (SHOUTcast)?

I'm coming to the conclusion that I would have to take the REC OUT RCA's in to my PC/Laptop and then assign the Record Loopback from the internal soundcard so that VDJ can broadcast it.

Sorry if I am sounding over cautious, but I have been burned recently and want to make sure before I commit.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 5:44 pm
Sorry, one more point.

There is nothing in the manual that describes how you would configure the MC6000 for timecode use.

I am assuming that you can connect external players/turntables and use TC's to control VDJ.

This could potentially give you up 6 decks in VDJ7 right?

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 5:54 pm
Feliciano21 wrote :

One problem I seem to run into, and it happened with the last version of VDJ as well as with this newer version, is that the platter on my Denon's (3500) will stop, the music continues but the platters just stop. They'll restart once I press the play button but will stop while the song is still playing, any thoughts? I do have the latest firmware on the Denon's, just in case that comes up as one of the problems.

Can I get some help with this?

Posted Fri 10 Dec 10 @ 10:09 pm
GadgetMan wrote :
In 1/4 mode. Ch1 is USB1/2 and Ch4 is USB3/4. No analogue. no mic. And I' still not sure what Ch1 and 4 are...

In REC OUT/MIC mode. USB 1/2 is sent to the REC OUT and USB 3/4 is sent to the MIC input. No analogue, no mic and seems just plain weird.

I'm still really confused by this... Can you please confirm that it is possible to feed the analogue and mic channels in to the PC/Lappy via the USB using one of the two modes above?

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 7:54 am
bgottiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Has anyone sucessfully got the the dns-3700 working in hybrid mode with the dn-x1600? If anyone knows the setting it would be greatly appreciated if they could be posted. Thanks Brad.

Posted Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 5:28 pm
Hi There Can You Help Me Please...???

I have Windows 7 home edition core i5 processor brand new and I have got Rodec Bx14 Mixer in flight case brand new. I am Looking to Buy Denon HC 4500 with Virtual dj Pro 7. I do Djin for 700-900 people and use 8 X 18 EVs Bins and 4 X 15 Ev Tops with Crown and Dynacord Amp. At the moment I am using cds and have got cdn 95, which is waste.

My Question is Is Virtual Dj Pro7 compaitable and stable with Windows 7 home edition core i5 processor and Denon HC4500. Do I Need to Buy Seprate Soundcard to Hook It up? Or Shall I just buy Serato Live?? Please help me.

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 12:22 pm
The Denon DN-HC4500 works very well with VirtualDJ and is used by many of our users.

It has its own built-in sound card, so you do not need a separate sound card.

You can also pair it with the optional BU4500 CD drawer unit, allowing you to also use it as a standard dual CD player.

You should make sure that it has the latest firmware from http://www.denondj.com installed.

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 12:35 pm
The Denon DN-HC4500 works very well with VirtualDJ and is used by many of our users.

It has its own built-in sound card, so you do not need a separate sound card.

You can also pair it with the optional BU4500 CD drawer unit, allowing you to also use it as a standard dual CD player.

You should make sure that it has the latest firmware from http://www.denondj.com installed.

Thanks for replying

one more thing please What is the difference between numark cue and virtual dj pro? are the compaitable too..?

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 6:27 pm
Numark Cue is simply a Numark branded version of VirtualDJ Pro sold as a boxed product in stores.

Apart from having a Numark Cue skin by default instead of VirtualDJ Pro, it is identical in features. Once registered, it will give you access to all Pro add-ons: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/index.html (Including custom skins.)

Denon DN-HC4500 is supported by Numark Cue.

NOTE: Updates to VirtualDJ Pro are normally released before Numark Cue, because these must be approved by Numark before they can be released for Cue.

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 7:02 pm
Feliciano21 wrote :
Feliciano21 wrote :

One problem I seem to run into, and it happened with the last version of VDJ as well as with this newer version, is that the platter on my Denon's (3500) will stop, the music continues but the platters just stop. They'll restart once I press the play button but will stop while the song is still playing, any thoughts? I do have the latest firmware on the Denon's, just in case that comes up as one of the problems.

Can I get some help with this?

No one experienced this, no one has any idea why this happens?

Posted Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 8:17 pm
SGS606PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Denon DN-MC6000 / VirtualDJ 7 Pro Full

Hi

Could you tell me what im doing wrong?

I have set up VirtualDJ & my Denon DN-MC6000 to run on 2 players as per instructions, no problems everything works fine,but when I try to mix with the crossfader on MC6000 mixer I cant monitor the opposite side i/e if crossfader on side A cant monitor / cue side B.
Have tried to disable crossfader in VirtualDJ 7 but makes no difference mixer always contols software crossover function even though not controlling line fader function.
The mixer set to internal mix and can monitor if the crossfader on the mixer is in the center.
I am sure at some stage during using the mixer the software crossover was fixed to the center and only mixe through the mixer, not VirtualDJ.

Many thanks
Steve
--
Windows 7 Professional
VirtualDJ 7 Pro Full

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 12:10 pm
SGS606 wrote :
Denon DN-MC6000 / VirtualDJ 7 Pro Full

Hi

Could you tell me what im doing wrong?

I have set up VirtualDJ & my Denon DN-MC6000 to run on 2 players as per instructions, no problems everything works fine,but when I try to mix with the crossfader on MC6000 mixer I cant monitor the opposite side i/e if crossfader on side A cant monitor / cue side B.
Have tried to disable crossfader in VirtualDJ 7 but makes no difference mixer always contols software crossover function even though not controlling line fader function.
The mixer set to internal mix and can monitor if the crossfader on the mixer is in the center.
I am sure at some stage during using the mixer the software crossover was fixed to the center and only mixe through the mixer, not VirtualDJ.

Many thanks
Steve
--
Windows 7 Professional
VirtualDJ 7 Pro Full

Did you set the CF mode to [video] ?

Are you using v701 or v702 ?

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 4:36 pm
Is there a place that shows how to setup the 3700s with an external sound card in hybrid mode? What I find seems to focus on Scratch Live and I'm using VDJ, not Serato.

Problem is VDJ is not responding to platter control.

Posted Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 8:55 am
43%