Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 18

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
Loren, I can only get 1/2/ & 3/4 timecode channels to work properly with normal & Advanced config using our 8in/8out mixer.

3/4 & 5/6
or
5/6 & 7/8 is a no go for me.

Please get with the VDJ team on this.

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 6:07 pm
lcmxr6PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Thanks for the response, i thought maybe I was just doing something wrong. The team said they are working on coding this mixer so I guess I'll just have to wait...Love the mixer though! wow this thing is amazing!!

Posted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 8:14 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
'Just want to share something about this conversation (although I use Mac OS on all my gigs already)...

Because VDJ 7 had midi-function issues on a lot of midi-controllers on Mac, I tested some of mine with PC just to see if they're working or not (including DN-X1600). And for a while I had this problem too, (no access to output 5/6 & 7/8) sound set-up/config only shows 1/2 & 3/4.

By trial and error back and forth, I found the solution on this problem:

1 (DN-X1600 should be off) Open VDJ (you'll get an ASIO message error, just click OK)

2 Turn on DN-X1600 / Config / Sound Setup / Advanced Config - Click "Apply" and "OK" (Click the drop-down list and check if 4 channels are available)

3 If you use the mixer as a midi-controller, go to Mappers / Rescan for New Devices / Select "Simple Midi ..." / Click "OK"

This has to be done everytime you start up VDJ 7. It worked for me... I hope with yours too.

Goodluck!

DJ Jodi

Posted Wed 27 Oct 10 @ 1:48 pm
While playing around with Mappers on Mac yesterday with my DN-X1600 (using 5pin midi cable), I found out that it is on the list of the natively supported controllers of VDJ 7. Although in Mac it doesn't get recongnized, in PC it might be. So for step 3 on my previous post, instead of choosing "Simple Midi Wrapping", you could click "DN-X1600". I will try this tonight just so I will know how it was mapped and do necessary changes and apply them to Mac once the issue gets resolved on the next version's release.

Posted Fri 29 Oct 10 @ 9:14 am
djvirsa wrote :
Hey i have just bought the versaport usb soundcard i hooked it up to my denon 3500s and it seems to be working but the timecode signal is showing to be 0% i tryed to mess around with the configuration but had no luck so if anyone that might know the problem or might know what is wrong please tell me
Does anyone have an answer for this?

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 12:07 pm
Hello Everyone
Hope all is well!!!
I've been DJing on and off for over 20 years, still have some Technics 1200's so I'm a little old school. I have the Denon DN-S3500's and have been using them now for about 2 years. This year I made the decision to go with some external software, it was a toss up between Serato or Numark, I purchased Virtual Vinyl and just upgraded to the Pro 7 version. No Real issues with the application.
One problem I seem to run into, and it happened with the last version of VDJ as well as with this newer version, is that the platter on my Denon's will stop, the music continues but the platters just stop. They'll restart once I press the play button but will stop while the song is still playing, any thoughts? I do have the latest firmware on the Denon's, just in case that comes up as one of the problems.

Just a comment on the Denon 3500's. So the 1200's are older but have MIDI capabilities and the newer versions do, 5500 and the 3700's but not the 3500's which came out after the 1200's, what's up with that?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions on the platter issue

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 12:22 pm
938MyDJ wrote :
While playing around with Mappers on Mac yesterday with my DN-X1600 (using 5pin midi cable), I found out that it is on the list of the natively supported controllers of VDJ 7. Although in Mac it doesn't get recongnized, in PC it might be. So for step 3 on my previous post, instead of choosing "Simple Midi Wrapping", you could click "DN-X1600". I will try this tonight just so I will know how it was mapped and do necessary changes and apply them to Mac once the issue gets resolved on the next version's release.

DN-X1600 MIDI Functions... Not recognized in PC too :(

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 7:45 pm
I have been trying to get Hybrid mode to work correctly but can't. I have two dn-s1200's and VDJ 7. I also have an m-audio sound card. I got the program to recognize the players in hybrid mode and all buttons work except the platter. I cannot scratch on it. Any suggestions? Thank you. When I use the units in normal pc mode everytning seems to work fine.

Posted Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 1:16 pm
NomanHome userMember since 2004
Quote "Hi Guys

Just a quick question on the new VDJ 7 and my Denon 5500's..
Everything worked great with the last updates but with VDJ 7 on one deck the song sounds like the chipmunks are remixing it,,the other deck is perfect, had to reinstall VDJ 6.0.2 the other night because of this problem.
Going to give it another go later to see if I can sort it out.

Any ideas on what the problem could be,,,,

Jayos" end Quote

I have asked this question here and to the support before I buy the program but still no answer. 4 weeks now!!!
Anyone has any news on the issue???

Posted Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 3:47 am
DjgreetPRO InfinityMember since 2005
That is the reason I forsale my DN-HS5500.
For a perfect platter control use Virtualdj 6.05.

Posted Sun 21 Nov 10 @ 8:11 am
I have a question about 2 DN-SC2000.
Is it possible to have deck 1 & 3 on the left player and deck 2 & 4 on the right player.
Now on Virtualdj 7.01 in mapper option you can choose Left & Right, on the left player deck 1 & 2 on the right 3 & 4.
Midi canal on my players is 1 I try second player midi 2 no response.

Now is it possible ?

Regards
Dimitri

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 11:58 am
Unfortunately this is not currently possible because each DN-SC2000 is seen as a dual deck controller by VirtualDJ (Because of the DECK CHG layer function that allows one player to be used to control two decks.)

It's not currently possible to have a dual deck controller assigned to decks 1&3 or 2&4.

The MIDI channel must not be changed from the default, otherwise it will not work with VirtualDJ.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 12:54 pm
Thank you for the answer.

Regards
Dimitri

Posted Thu 25 Nov 10 @ 10:54 am
splojPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi can anyone help, I have Numark Cue version 6.07, and have just purchased a Denon DN-HC4500, running through a Numark CM200 USB 5 channel mixer. I have connected it all up, installed the Denon disk and all is fine, both channels of Cue playing through the respective Denon controls into channel three and four of my mixer, track search, select etc all working fine and very pleased. BUT....
I do not know how to make the five function keys and three effect keys on each side of the Denon do anything. The function keys currently only seem to set cue points and the effect keys do nothing. I have selected the denon controller in the drop down in cue config but don't know how to educate CUE to respond to the Denon function / effect keys or vice versa. I am not technically knowlegable about MIDI programming and would appreciate some help in making the Denon more than a glorified mouse having invested in it. Does anybody know how to help me? I would like for example to use these keys to take me to clip banks or text functions. Thanks. Dodge ... ******@******

[Sorry, E-mail addresses and other contact details are not permitted from unlicensed users.]

Posted Fri 26 Nov 10 @ 6:22 pm

Posted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 1:36 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I need script to turn on the CD tray light in the denon DN-S1200 in PC Midi mode!

Posted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 10:53 pm
Sorry, this is not possible.

The tray light cannot be controlled by MIDI.

Posted Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 1:22 pm
Don' t ask me why I want to control that light in midi mode but I hope Denon staff can make this option possible in the next firmware update!

Posted Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 5:23 pm
Denon DN-S1200 system version software 3020 Is problematic with Mac OSX 10.5.6. In Midi mode when connected to a Mac they keep getting disconnected every now.

I may have to revert the Denon DN-S1200 firmware update to a previous version for my future gig.

Posted Thu 02 Dec 10 @ 6:57 pm
Question for DenonDJ and/or VDJ Team...

With the VMS4 I can assign Inputs 1&2 from the VMS4 to the record loopback in VDJ 7 so that I can record/broadcast the output from the mixer including analogue devices an the Mic.

Is this possible with the DN-MC6000?

I know I asked this somewhere in the General Forum but can no longer find the thread, however it is ore appropriate to ask here ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 5:39 am
40%