Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
lilike36 wrote :
I am still using VDJ 5.2. Are they still compatible with the denons 1200 I just bought? If so how do I get both decks to work I only have one that is being recognized by VDJ.

You should upgrade to latest 6.1.2.
Check out page 1 for config details.

Posted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 7:51 am

Denon DJ

Ultra-VIP Member
Denon Dev Team
Posted Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 10:30 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sway1821 wrote :
Can you use Virtual Dj with Denon 3500's?

3500's are not MIDI

Ok. So if Virtual Dj is not compatible with DNS 3500's, why the Denon 3500 skins?

Posted Thu 02 Sep 10 @ 2:43 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
He said they weren't midi.
That doesn't mean they can't be used for control with time code.

Posted Thu 02 Sep 10 @ 7:02 pm
Ok i have been having trouble with my set up.... I use 2 S3700's and a hercules rmx using its sound card. The problem i have been having is that my sound goes out and it just happens one time during the night. I was told that my rmx was disconnetcing and was due to that i have it connected to a powered usb hub where my hdd is also connected and that im having bandwith problems. My question is can i connect my 3700's to the powerd hub since im not using there sound cards?

Posted Wed 08 Sep 10 @ 6:23 am
djvirsaHome userMember since 2009
Hey i have just bought the versaport usb soundcard i hooked it up to my denon 3500s and it seems to be working but the timecode signal is showing to be 0% i tryed to mess around with the configuration but had no luck so if anyone that might know the problem or might know what is wrong please tell me

Posted Wed 08 Sep 10 @ 8:32 pm
When using 2 DN-S3700 in VDJ (6.2) both for MIDI control and as Audio Cards, do I need to set it as ASIO or as 2 Cards in the VDJ Audio Set Up Tab?

One one from VDJ post I read that it must be as 2 Cards and then select one 3700 as each card, then on another one from Denon (on this forum) they say its ASIO.

Posted Mon 27 Sep 10 @ 12:54 pm
New firmware release - v2000 Hybrid MIDI Mode

You can now control VDJ Pro alternately with our new DVS Hybrid mode.

More info here:
http://www.denondjforums.com/forum/index.php?f=50&t=13306&rb_v=viewtopic

Note when you update your S3700 to v2000, you will need to include the below mapping file in the following folder "or else" VDJ wont connect in normal MIDI or Hybrid mode to your decks.

for Win:
\My Documents\VirtualDJ\Devices

For Mac:
\username\documents\virtualdj\devices

Download and UNZIP, then copy S3700 XML to the folder above:
http://www.denondj.com/assets/misc/S3700_v2000_with_VDJ_6.12.zip

Posted Thu 07 Oct 10 @ 4:03 pm
Marph84PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello,

i downloaded the new mapping, but my 3700s can't connect to vdj after the firmware upgrade.

I use Win XP SP3.

What can i do?

Posted Fri 08 Oct 10 @ 7:38 am
Ok, it works now. I switched off the Players a few times and also restarted VDJ. And now it works.....strange.....

Also settings are the same like before where it didn't work.

But there's an other problem now:

In hybrid mode i only can get 5% qualitiy with the serato timecode. This ist enough to controll the song, but the pitch behaviour is very bad. The response to the display in VDJ is very slow (slower as with a timecode cd).

Let's explain exactly what i mean:

I play a song with 130 BPM. I pitch the song 0.5 % up (on the player) but the VDJ BPM Srceen still remains on 130 BPM.

I have to pitch the song almost 2 % up to get a reaction on the VDJ BPM visual. Betwenn 0 and 2 % nothing happens...

Ok, i now that the BPM-Update-Speed on the VDJ screen ist with timecode not as fast as with midi, but with a timecode cd this is working much faster and especially more precise (2%-problem) than with the internal timecode.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Posted Fri 08 Oct 10 @ 9:48 am
EDIT:

Problem solved!!!!

My rme soundcard was switched to phono.....shame on me ;-)

Posted Fri 08 Oct 10 @ 9:27 pm
Just asked this question in the Denon Forum and was directed this way by Sylvio.

Would like to use my 2 DN-S3700's and 1 DN-HC4500 to control 4 players in the new VDJ 7.
What settings on the players would be needed? ie. MIDI CH.
Could I still use ASIO as the SoundCard for getting 4 separated stereo outs?
Would the DN-HC4500 to X500 X-Control still work for 4 players?

Sylvio's reponse:
Thats a great question for the VDJ team.
PLease ask in the Denon Hardware section of their forum.

Both S3700's use - MIDI CH 1
HC4500 uses MIDI CH 1/2 & 3/4
I'm not sure how they would play nice together.....?

From our side, when they are all connected, you would "enable" all decks in our ASIO driver as a first step.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 12:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Take a look at the Audio Setup guide for your questions about the audio setup - you will need to use the Advance Config option under Outputs.

As for the controllers - In the User Guide for Multiple Decks - Multiple Controllers - it shows that you can assign the controllers to specific decks.

So in your example if I was using the 3700s for Decks 1 and 2 - I would assign them accordingly and set the 4500 for 3 and 4.

You do not have to change any MIDI Channel assignments.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 12:28 pm
Thanks!

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 1:54 pm
Thanks Chris, I have some homework to do myself !

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 6:20 pm
hello,

i have a problem with vdj 7. I have 2 dns-1200s. when i connect them to midi, is see the display of deck 1 on deck 2 and the display of deck 2 on deck 1. when i push the cue on deck 1 i see the led of the button changing on deck 2. I think that the mapping of the players is not correct. i have change the midi channel from the first one channel number 1 and the second channel 2 but when i start vdj, the second player dont work.

can someone help?

greetings

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 5:11 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does it happen in reverse? If you press CUE on Deck 2 does the Deck 1 button LED light up?

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 7:30 am
djtaz_PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hey guys

Do you know if its possible to map the Denon dn-s1200s to change between deck 1 & 3 and deck 2 & 4 using the new VDJ7 ? so you can control those four decks with just 2 controllers ?

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 9:04 am
dj swento, youll need to go into the config settings, mappers tab and from the drop down menu (where you can also select to rescan devices) next to the mappers drop down select swap controllers. This will switch P1 and P2 controls. Midi CH needs to stay at 1 on both players.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 10:16 am
MrMusicPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello Denon-Users,

I am using an HC-4500 and an NI Audio 8 as preffered soundcard. With old Laptop-hardware it was no Problem to use both / change between while playing.

But on my new Laptop I can't get the Denon ASIO-Drivers installed. Always it says "Problem in the Installer-Package occured" and installation quits. When the Massage appears on the screen, in the background opens a hardware-installer-dialog for "New Hardware". No matter if the HC is connected or not.

Anyone else heard of this problem? I want to use only the HC in smaller setups. In bigger Setups I still want to use the NativeInstruments-Card (wich sounds a bit clearer).

I tried Asio 2.1
Also have 1.01 from CD here, but after install the Unit dosent seem to be connected / is not shown in the Asio-control-center.

OS is Win 7 Home Premium 64bit on a Toschiba Quosimo

Thanks for Help

DJ Toni

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 2:17 pm
hello,

yes the cue led light up in deck 2 when i press it on deck 1. I Have tried to change the settings on the mappers but it has no effect.

greetings

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 3:18 pm
36%