Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 12

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Anyone using 2 5500's in midi mode with no problems?

Still can't seem to get this to work.

Posted Mon 26 Apr 10 @ 5:02 am
Guys need help here i have a gig this friday and i can't figure why one of my S3700's is not reading VDJ properly i connect both to my Mac through USB, set up the configuration Ch1 Ch2 i believe the problem is setting the audio on the Mac, it's different than the one we get on the site, when i open it the Audio Midi it shows already 2 S3700, then i aggregate one more but it's just to confusing, i get one work but the other deck stays at PC Mode PC linked...doesn't display like the other one all the information.
When i open VDJ i was able to figure that it goes into 2 sound card instead of four but then how do i choose? i tried on one DN-S3700 and the other Aggregate but they both run on the same channel, also the second S3700 won't read the program? anyone in the US that i can contact so they can walk me through please i really need to get this done asap
i appreciate your help in advance

Posted Mon 26 Apr 10 @ 7:15 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 26 Apr 10 @ 7:44 pm
Cstoll,
i was able to read and follow the instructions that you provided me, i was able to get both decks running but they come out of one channel on my mixer what am i missing?, i've been calling for over 30min can't get a hold of no support. Can you give me a hand here.
I would also like to ask if i would like to use CD's and VDJ is it possible? cause when i change from VDJ to cd's it shuts the program.
thanks in advance

Posted Tue 27 Apr 10 @ 3:46 pm
jccalmet wrote :
I would also like to ask if i would like to use CD's and VDJ is it possible? cause when i change from VDJ to cd's it shuts the program.

No you can not use the built-in soundcards for VirtualDJ and use CDs in the unit at the same time ... When you toggle from MIDI mode to CD mode it disconnects the soundcard from the software.

As for your other issue - when you use the units with VirtualDJ and use their soundcards is your Soundcard tab setup as follows -

Input: None
Output: External Mixer
Soundcard: ASIO and then the DenonDJ ASIO option in the drop-down

??

Posted Tue 27 Apr 10 @ 5:19 pm
thanks for the prompt response, i did follow on the sound card but i have a Mac, so i don't have that option i go None, External mixer and then it will give me the option to use the build out and DN-S3700 no ASIO option at all

Posted Tue 27 Apr 10 @ 5:26 pm
Ok, starting at page 2 - http://www.denondj.com/assets/misc/DN-S3700_mac_Configuration_manual_EN.pdf

You need to create an aggregate device ... if you are running OSX 10.6.x - Snow Leopard, the screens are slightly different. But you need to create the aggregate device ...

Then for the Soundcard option you choose the 4 out card in the first drop-down, then the Aggregate Device in the second drop-down.

Posted Tue 27 Apr 10 @ 6:31 pm
troymichael wrote :
Anyone using 2 5500's in midi mode with no problems?

Still can't seem to get this to work.

i was using two 5500's till i got my 3700's email me if you still have questions i got it to work

djxtreme30@gmail.com

Posted Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 11:25 pm
anyone using 2 3700's with the new update ......when i run a song on deck one its fine same song on deck two 2nd 3700 the picth drops and the song starts to slow down, if i turn the platter off it returns back to normal....im back to 6.05 untill i can find a work around ......its only on deck 2 no matter what 3700 i use.

Posted Thu 29 Apr 10 @ 11:29 pm
I am still having issue with 5500's.. I love VJD and use it with the 4500 perfectly. But i have 2 5500 and a denon 1100 that i prefer to use.

I can get them decks to connect properly but one problem i have is even with the plater off in bend mode it seem to be lot of warble...I have reset the 5500 back to factory and followed the reccomneded settings.

I am not a scratch DJ so the spinnig plate is not a big deal to me. Any other advice would be great.

Posted Fri 30 Apr 10 @ 8:55 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Dj Xtremenc24 wrote :
anyone using 2 3700's with the new update ......when i run a song on deck one its fine same song on deck two 2nd 3700 the picth drops and the song starts to slow down, if i turn the platter off it returns back to normal....im back to 6.05 untill i can find a work around ......its only on deck 2 no matter what 3700 i use.

djcel wrote :
For the ones who missed it in the release of 6.0.8, it's now useless to use my Registry Tool as there is new action motorwheel_instant_play in 6.0.8

Just need to change your play script a little to fix it.

Posted Sun 02 May 10 @ 8:19 am
Hello all, many Problems gone with 6.0.8 but one big is still there: the 2 Decks are not synchronizing (after some seconds the second tune goes faster or slower). I am using one Denon S5500 with internal Soundcard and Asio Drivers.

Version 6.0.5 works perfectly!!

So all Denon VDJ Users are waiting for a 100% well running Version ???

Posted Mon 03 May 10 @ 3:21 am
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ihad problems with dennon 3700s with new update and found out, I had m-audio asio drivers and oineer asio drivers installed on my machine, what i did to get them to operate correctly was delete the m audio and pioneer drivers and wella problem solved... give it a try there might be a conflict there, i had the same problem on my 2 other notebooks and it was a conflict so make sure you install the drivers for your soundcard and as for denon read the denon forums they will let you know what driver work with 64 bit and you might have the wrong drivers---- just a bit of help

DJ JAMM

Posted Mon 03 May 10 @ 11:59 pm
I have the DN-HD2500 with the V1400 Firmware. I cannot get the VDJ software to recognize the controller. I have tried every method. I did get it to work one time, but do not know what I did to get it to work. Please HELP! DJSA

Posted Fri 07 May 10 @ 12:02 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

amavila,

You already have ask support from us. You are currently supported by a Atomix Productions official VirtualDJ CONTROLLER EXPERT. So I recommend you to follow his instructions, your problem need more assistance and support tickets are the place to fix this.

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 11:46 am
troymichael wrote :
I am still having issue with 5500's.. I love VJD and use it with the 4500 perfectly. But i have 2 5500 and a denon 1100 that i prefer to use.

I can get them decks to connect properly but one problem i have is even with the plater off in bend mode it seem to be lot of warble...I have reset the 5500 back to factory and followed the reccomneded settings.

I am not a scratch DJ so the spinnig plate is not a big deal to me. Any other advice would be great.

make sure that the players show different decks on the display.....press the layer button to change decks the blue light should be on the left for the left player and right on the right player.....

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 2:56 pm
I too am still having problems with my 5500, I only have one deck but both layers still have the awful warble/sound issues. Aside from that i like all the other updates that were made for the 5500's.

Posted Mon 10 May 10 @ 11:43 am
i am having a problem whn i set up my DNS3700 to VDJ........ whn i go to configur section in VDJ whn i select the sound card option it says Error in ASIO Driver not enough Channels. i checked the dropdown menu to see if there is 2 soundcards but it's only shows the Denon ASIO Driver(Only 1 Option to Select) i follwed all the setup option given on page 1 but i still cant get it to work i have installed the lastest ASIO driver from the Denon Site. Can some body help me.....

Thanks

Posted Wed 12 May 10 @ 5:08 am
Okay, I am having some issues with my setup. I used it for the first time as a digital dj this past Friday. I have a legit copy of VDJ. I have it installed on two laptops. One is an ASUS with Windows 7 64bit that I cannot get to connect to my HD2500, the other is a Dell Inspiron 1520 with XP that I did use on Friday night. I would really like to use the ASUS laptop because the reason I bought that laptop was to use for DJing but I can't get it to work with the HD2500. Any advice here would be appreciated. Should I downgrade to windows 7 32bit?

With about an hour left in my middle school dance on Friday, I heard crackling noises through the speakers. I tried to cue or stop the music but the controller was unresponsive for 20 seconds or so and the music just continued to play until it "caught up". Also, the song would skip and drop a few times. It was very humid and warm in at the event, the tile floor became wet with condensation. I have downloaded DPC latency checker and will disable all Wireless and WLAN adapters before my next gig. I have a graduation party this Friday night and I am a little worried. I don't want to have to drag out the cd's again.

I have the HD2500 hooked up to the computer using a USB cable and my music is located on a powered 1TB Iomega external hard drive that is connected to the laptop as well.

Any advice or help you all can give me would be very beneficial. Thank you for your time.

Scott

Posted Mon 17 May 10 @ 4:34 pm
Do you have the latest drivers and firmware installed? http://www.denondj.com/firmware.aspx?ProductId=80

The issue you describe with your laptop could be heat related. Make sure that none of the ventilation slots are obstructed and the cooling fan is still operational. A DJ laptop stand will help considerably, giving all-round ventilation (Including underneath the laptop.)

Please see the following for some tips for solving common performance issues:

http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4094/Common_performance_issues_and_solutions.html

Posted Mon 17 May 10 @ 4:48 pm
27%