Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 62

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

massdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just received my Numark NDX900's today! They look amazing. I first tried to connect them to my Macbook Air with Virtual DJ 7 and the software didn't recognize them at all. I thought maybe it would at least pick the unit up as an NDX800 but no go. I know this a brand new controller but I really want to use this with Virtual DJ 7 ASAP. Any help in getting these setup would be greatly appreciated! Even if I can't use the USB sound output right away I'm ok with that but I am ready to get these in my rig.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 10:42 pm
I am running Virtual dj on a PC. I have a Numark Mixtrack Pro. The issue I am having is the response time. There is a huge response time difference when I use my Numark Mixtrack Pro on LE vs PRO. The response time is a lot faster when using LE. I can use my hot cues as a stutter. When I am using PRO, the response time is a lot slower. When I press a hot cue on side A and B at the same time, they will not play on time of each other. One response will always be late. I do not have this problem at all on LE. It doesnt make sense because PRO is a better version than LE, so I shouldnt be having this problem. And when I switch between the products, the LE still works a lot better than PRO

I have a Numark DJ io asio driver that im using, and it is set to 49 samples - 2.7 ms. Which is the best to go to. but even without this asio driver, I am still having the same issue. PRO has many options that you can change, versus LE, that you cant change any options. So what do I do?

So I know that its not my controller thats messed up, its the 2 programs. I am using PRO 7.0.4

I apologize for posting this in the wrong sections of the forums. Its my first ever post, and I over-looked this part of the forums. And my post belongs in this section and not the other. Sorry.

[Please do not post the same message more than once. There is nothing wrong with your original separate topic, where you can find an answer and continue this discussion: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/153696/Hardware_Technical_Support/Numark_Mixtrack_Pro_response_to_LE_and_PRO_issue.html ]

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 11:07 pm
fkrstevski wrote :
I just bought a Numark Mixdeck and I have hooked it up to my PC ... Every few minutes the mixdeck freezes. None of the buttons on the mixdeck are functional and the music stops. I have to turn off the mixdeck and restart VirtualDJ to get playback again.

Are you using Windows Vista?

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MIDI%20controller%20stops%20working%20with%20Windows%20Vista.html

Otherwise, there could be a fault with the MixDeck.

Try using a different USB cable and/or port on your computer. If you use a USB hub, plug it directly into your computer.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 11 @ 8:13 am
massdjs wrote :
I just received my Numark NDX900's today! They look amazing. I first tried to connect them to my Macbook Air with Virtual DJ 7 and the software didn't recognize them at all. I thought maybe it would at least pick the unit up as an NDX800 but no go. I know this a brand new controller but I really want to use this with Virtual DJ 7 ASAP. Any help in getting these setup would be greatly appreciated! Even if I can't use the USB sound output right away I'm ok with that but I am ready to get these in my rig.

Currently the NDX900's are not support by VirtualDJ. We are waiting for Numark to send us these units in order to provide support for them.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 11 @ 8:29 am
Dev staff wrote :
massdjs wrote :

Currently the NDX900's are not support by VirtualDJ. We are waiting for Numark to send us these units in order to provide support for them.

Can it be mapped manually?

Posted Wed 14 Sep 11 @ 9:42 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
massdjs wrote :
Dev staff wrote :
massdjs wrote :
I just received my Numark NDX900's today!

They can be mapped manually with the SimpleMIDIMapper - but you would only have INPUT functionality from the controller to software. OUTPUT from software to hardware (LED and Test displays) are only possible using a device definition file and mapping.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 11 @ 10:26 am
cstoll wrote :
massdjs wrote :
Dev staff wrote :
massdjs wrote :

They can be mapped manually with the SimpleMIDIMapper - but you would only have INPUT functionality from the controller to software. OUTPUT from software to hardware (LED and Test displays) are only possible using a device definition file and mapping.

Ok so now I have something that is useless to me until you get your hands on one. Where do I send mine to you so we can speed this process up?

I love this quote from Chris Roman, Senior Product Manager of Numark, "The NDX900 brings a complete integration as a controller. Everything from the functions to the display to the audio interface are seamlessly integrated with both Traktor 2 PRO and Virtual DJ PRO. There is no need for an additional soundcard in this setup, as this is included directly in the unit. We also included a complimentary copy of Traktor LE, fully mapped to get DJs up and running quickly and experience the tight integration."

Seems like you should've had one WAY before I did so there would've been true seamless integration from the beginning.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 11 @ 10:51 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First - the controller is just hitting the market.
Two - the controller ships with Traktor, so that was their primary focus.
Three - it will work with VirtualDJ seamlessly - but did he said "right out of the box" or "on day 1" -- No.

So, cool your jets and have some patience.
Should have asked or looked at your PRO install at the list of controllers before you ran out an bought them.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 11 @ 11:15 am
ok so i just recently purchased dj2go and i also have had the dj io
now i know that the dj2go has no sound card on board and thats why i have the dj io
but unfortunately its not compatible with osx lion that i have on my macbook , or is it?

Posted Tue 20 Sep 11 @ 3:45 am
dmannPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This post is concerning freezing and skipping issues with VDJ7.05 with a Numark V7 controller and a toshiba satellite laptop i3 2.53ghz 8gb ram 64bit os. Periodically during a show (7 hrs 4 nights a week) VDJ just does this freezing/skipping that last for several seconds. It happens at different times and under different conditions, and the cpu meter rarely goes past half way. There has been several times when it's happened when I wasn't even touching pc or controller. Other times include while using the browser knob, using loop functions, scratching, loading song onto deck, using fx functions, even when the play button is pushed, when cueing up next track, or looping next track. It happens randomly can be as few as once in a night or several times. Being "DJ SKIP" was only cute the first time.

Any help with these issues would be very much appreciated.

Thank You
DJ DMANN

Posted Wed 21 Sep 11 @ 5:48 am
Hi, I have a pair of Numark NDX 800's. I just read that the platters touch sensitivity is adjustable. Is that true? If so, how can I adjust them?

Thanks in advance...

Posted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 8:15 pm
Quote from sfniner4life:
--------
My Mixtrack Pro worked fine the first couple times i used it and i was able to scratch without any problems. However this morning i tried to scratch and instead of scratching the device just bent the pitch of the song i was playing. I've turned the scratch buttons on and off numerous time along with restarting my computer numerous times but i still cant seem to get the ability to scratch back. Is there a way i can get the scratch ability back?
(i'm now using VDJ LE)

Thanks for the help,

Traver
---------

I am also experiencing the same issue as this. Out of the box, default install of VDJ 6 LE with the Mixtrack. Worked fine for the first few hours, and then started doing as sfniner4life has described.

However I had an additional issue with the jog wheels (which may be hardware related). If I were to hover my hand over the jog wheel (not touch the wheel) the track would pause as if you pressed your hand on it. And often if I were to hold my hand on the jog wheel the track would actually continue to play. This is using VDJ 6 LE with all the installation defaults. Laptop is running Win 7 Home Edition 64-bit.

I have seen a few people post problems about the scratch->pitch bend but there are never any response to those posts. I'm not quite sure if it's a driver/software issue, or if it is just faulty hardware.

Anyone know anything about these issues?

Posted Fri 23 Sep 11 @ 3:53 pm
sigjulHome userMember since 2008
windows t 64bit cannot recognize my numark dj2go controller, what can i do?

Posted Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 8:51 am
I was wondering if the Numark M1USB would work with VDJ Home free edition with time code Vinyl? Or whats the cheapest program one could use for timecode with an m1usb?

Posted Sun 25 Sep 11 @ 3:10 pm
No, Home FREE does not support timecode vinyl, MIDI controllers or separate deck outputs to an external mixer.

It is for non-commercial use only using your mouse and keyboard to mix. It cannot be used at gigs where you are being paid.

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

The cheapest option for timecode vinyl or CD would be the Hercules DJ Trim starter pack.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 11 @ 4:18 pm
cstoll wrote :
First - the controller is just hitting the market.
Two - the controller ships with Traktor, so that was their primary focus.
Three - it will work with VirtualDJ seamlessly - but did he said "right out of the box" or "on day 1" -- No.

So, cool your jets and have some patience.
Should have asked or looked at your PRO install at the list of controllers before you ran out an bought them.

So do you have an idea when the Numark NDX900 will be in the native controller list? So depressing to sit and look at them in the box.

Posted Sun 25 Sep 11 @ 4:30 pm
cstoll wrote :
massdjs wrote :
Dev staff wrote :
massdjs wrote :

Ok so I'm finally learning how to use the SimpleMIDIMapper and have most of the function of the NDX900 working. The only one I'm having a problem with is the jog wheel. I used the same settings from the NDX800 but when I touch the wheel it does stop but doesn't move. I have used touchwheel and touch wheel_touch. Obviously this is a key element. Hope you can help. Thanks!

Posted Sun 25 Sep 11 @ 5:58 pm
Hi, I got the Numark Mixdeck and I downloaded all the updates and install the Traktor-LE CD that came with it and updated the Traktor-LE to its newest version.
I'm using a new Macbook Pro 10.6.8. version software.
I got VDJ Pro 7 and VDJ Home Version.

I did everything that is suppose to be done to make the Mixdeck so it would work with the VDJ but nothing shows up. I went to mix with the Mixdeck using the the VDJ and when I go to config. sound settings, well there's nothing that says Mixdeck. Outputs and Inputs settings for Mixdeck isn't there, its all normal basic stuff that VDJ normal have on it, Like it says
"""Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer (deck1: ch1&2/ deck 2 ch3&4)
Soundcard: Mono Separated/ 2 cards/ 4-out cards ( they all say bulit-in output)"""

--Theres no ASISO driver that's shows up.

Also in Traktor-LE I used the Setup Wizard. i did:
1. "If you are using a USB/Firewire Controller." I answer: Yes.
2."Please select the manufacturer and model of your USB/FireWire controller from the listed below. The Setup Wizard will configure TRAKTOR to work properly with your controller. I answered: Choose "Numark" as manufacturer and "Mixdeck" as model.
3. "If you are using a Native Instruments (NI) audio interface with TRAKTOR the Setup Wizard will configure the audio routing." I answered No.
-Then it says the summary of what I answered and then I exist.

But I used to use the Macbook Pro 10.6 on my brothers one and it worked fine.
Also I did it on my Windows 7 and it all worked fine too.
I don' know if I got to download some special software for it to work on my mac. If so let me know.

****I need to know how to fix this problem ASAP cause i got a DJ for this Sweet 16 party on Oct. 1!****

Posted Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 7:41 pm

Posted Tue 27 Sep 11 @ 10:09 am
DjCaliPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I hear from guitar center rep that the Numark V7 are being discontinued I want to get some so the question i have is:

can they be use with VDJ?

What are the pros and cons?

thanks in advance for your help...

Posted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 7:28 pm
74%