Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 61

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

anyone here using ns7fx with vdj 7.05 without issues?

Posted Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 9:17 pm
Hey Huey, thanks for helping it looks like I got my sound issue sorted out, but it looks like I seem to have one last problem...both tracks are playing off the same deck. SO its like they are inverted. When I drag two songs on and change the fader to deck 2 nothing happens, both songs play on deck 1 or ch 1 I should say. I have read the inverted section below but the problem is my Virtual DJ version doesnt have the part in config where you can change the mappers. I have already updated the software. What should I do

Thanks

With two single-deck controllers (E.g: Pioneer CDJ-400) or sometimes with dual-deck controllers (E.g: Numark MixDeck) you may find that the decks are inverted, so that the left deck controls the right and vice-versa.

Or with single deck controllers, you may find that both control the same deck in VirtualDJ (E.g: Deck 1)

To resolve, please do either of the following:

Press the EJECT button (If it has one) on one of the decks to switch it to the correct deck.

Go to CONFIG -> Mappers, click on the button to the right of the drop-down list and choose the option to assign controllers. Make sure each controller is assigned to the correct deck(s) of your choice.

NOTE: If this option is not available, change the skin (CONFIG -> Skins) to a 4 deck skin (You can change it back to a 2 deck skin again afterwards.)

NOTE: If you have two or more single-deck controllers with LCD display screens and find that these show the information for the wrong deck, then make sure that you have the latest version of VirtualDJ Pro installed: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html - Early versions of VirtualDJ v7 had a bug with displays on single deck controllers.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 11 @ 8:20 pm
DJMistaCPRO InfinityVDJ Radio TeamMember since 2009
hi everyone
I have a small issue with my NS7fx. As I am broadcasting on the internet here on vdj radio every time I go to crossfade and my platters are on I get a backspin sound throwing my mix off. I have to turn off the platters in order for it to go away and everything works fine after the platters are off. If anyone knows a solution to that or if there is a post that solves this issue can u point me in that direction.

specs on computer
HP Envy Beats Editions
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel core I7
8 gigs of Memory
BTW I have turned off all processes and unneeded devices have also uninstalled unneeded software that came with the Laptop. My CPU does not spike at all with it just that backspin that throws my mix off.

Thanks for any info or post that has a solution for this
Charlie C

Posted Tue 30 Aug 11 @ 11:10 pm
Hi,

I have a numark mixtrack pro and I'm having trouble getting the headphones to work. I had everything working a week ago and now there seems to be no output coming from the headphone channel at all. I have virtual dj le installed and am using the 20 day trial of pro. I tried screwing around with the outputs and sound drivers but nothing seems to work at all. I have tried using 3 different sets of headphones thinking that that might be the problem but that doesn't work either. I am using a sony vaio computer with a 64 bit operating system. I previously tried using the regular mixtrack with a seperate soundcard but had the same issue I'm having now with there being no output from the headphone channel. Funny thing is I had everything working fine a week ago at a gig but now nothing seems to work. I don't know what to do. Please respond to this question promptly as I have a gig tomorrow.
Thanks!

Posted Tue 30 Aug 11 @ 11:12 pm
hey charlie it could be the buttons in front of the ns7 cross fader (on off) located around the front bottom panels? are they off? hope that helps. i'm having issues on mine as well. when i hit button. i have to really hit it hard. . . (cue . play etc)

Posted Tue 30 Aug 11 @ 11:17 pm
hijacked if you're using mixtrack pro just select numark on the sound configuration list and make sure the volume is on.. also dont select single output make sure you select headphones , sorry if it doesnt make sense . i hope you understand though.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 11 @ 11:19 pm
@ gimmo they are all off

thanks for the fast reply appreciate it.

Charlie C

Posted Tue 30 Aug 11 @ 11:59 pm
@gimmo
I got it working now, I think the download of virtual dj pro messed with the drivers. It finally worked after selecting headphones for the output. I am reverting back to the original le software so this doesn't happen again.

Thanks so much!

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 12:31 am
Just purchased the Numark Mixdeck and love it so far. However, no mention was made of the ipod/iphone dock not being compatible with OS4 platform apple devices, iphone4 & ipod touch inclusive. Provided I have a compliant device, can anyone please walk me through recording my sessions using the ipod/iphone. Is an app required?

Thanks.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 6:12 pm
Go to the app store and download "IPRORECORDER", its the best one I've found. It records everything in "WAV" format and it'll upload your mix to a site where you can share it at.

Hope that helps
Huey

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 8:43 pm
hey charlie c
i'd recomment checking the back of your unit if it's made around march 2009 (this is not a fact) but i read this in a lof of threads. there may have been issues on the first generation units. just as it did with mine. i traded it in for a new one made in may 2011 and it works flawless now. it's sounds to me like a hardware issue( i could be wrong of course). good luck buddy.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 9:44 pm
@gimmo
thanks man appreciate it but mine says it was made in nov. of 2010. thanks tho will look into it more will update if I find something on it.

Charlie C

Posted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 11:42 pm
OK I think I have figured it out my issue. I used my NS7 will broadcasting with no issue. I had the latency on the software set to something and as i turned it to auto and unchecked the safemode seemed to fix the issue (didnt knw i had those on hadnt checked on those lol). I played with it for bout 2 hrs and did not get any scratching sound or backspin sound while crossfading over to the next song. If issue continues will ask for further assistance.

Thanks
Charlie C

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 2:09 pm
Hello, my Numark Omni Control is not working properly with my recently purchased VDJ 7.0 Pro. apparently, this Numark unit is "supported natively". Well, I can tell you that it does not work properly. Example: The PLAY button does nothing. Neither do the SYNC buttons. Very frustrating and I have a wedding to do in 2 days and really need to get this working. HELP !!!!! I've tried this setup on both an OSX Snow Leopard & Windows 7 machine. On the Windows machine I've ensured the latest drivers were installed and that it does see the Numark device. It's the mappings that do not seem correct.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 11 @ 10:11 am
agoobesHome userMember since 2011
hello everyone,

i just bought a newmark mixdeck and i am runnin traktor duo 2 and everythings seems to be running fine except the ch 2 doesnt work, the tracks play and all that works but the toggle to change to channel 2 does not do anything, any ideas? weird thing is that ch 1 and ch 2 on traktor are both playing through the ch 1 mixer

Posted Wed 07 Sep 11 @ 2:12 am
agoobesHome userMember since 2011
my ch 2 is not working and idk why, the tracks on the deck #2 working and playing through ch 1

Posted Wed 07 Sep 11 @ 2:22 am
agoobes wrote :
i just bought a newmark mixdeck and i am runnin traktor duo 2

Sorry, these are the VirtualDJ forums for help with and support for VirtualDJ software. If you need help with Traktor, please ask in their user forums and/or support.

For information on how to configure it correctly for use with VirtualDJ, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MixDeck.html

Posted Wed 07 Sep 11 @ 6:21 am
thanks cstoll.... it does make me feel better...

maybe its just because i'm not seeing the "positive" posts and only the negatives...

after playing with the NS6.... i don't feel that i'm ready to take advantage of the 4 channels.... is there a 2 channel skin that still looks like the NS6?

Posted Fri 09 Sep 11 @ 2:10 am
aalaapLE userMember since 2011
I just got a Numark DJ2Go portable USB controller. I plugged it into a Windows laptop which had VirtualDJ Home Free installed, and it detected the controller shortly. I mixed a few tracks and then I had to leave home for a bit. When I came back, I was just unable to get the thing detected by VDJ. I changed the USB cables and Windows would install drivers for the device just fine (even detecting it as Numark DJ2Go), but VDJ just doesn't think anything is connected. Even the DJ2Go feels dead - the lights don't blink or anything of that sort. I tried this with VDJ LE Lite (the included version) on the Mac, but it doesn't get detected by VDJ there either.

The only thing that does happen is when I connect the USB cable to the computer or the DJ2Go, the left hand side Play/Pause button blinks green for a fraction of a second and that's it. Every time I connect/reconnect it, it blinks. But VDJ doesn't recognize it.

Is the controller dead? I only just unpacked it and plugged it in...

More info: the controller does seem to be operating, but VDJ isn't detecting it. The free version only works for 10 minutes, but why doesn't the included OEM LE Lite work?

Posted Sat 10 Sep 11 @ 2:08 pm
I just bought a Numark Mixdeck and I have hooked it up to my PC with VirtualDJ LE and Pro. I have updated both VirtualDJ and the firmware for the mixdeck to v39.

Every few minutes the mixdeck freezes. None of the buttons on the mixdeck are functional and the music stops. I have to turn off the mixdeck and restart VirtualDJ to get playback again.

Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 2:43 pm
73%