Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 60

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I'm using Virtual DJ 7.0.4 Pro software on my iMac and just installed OSX Lion. While Virtual DJ is operating fine on my iMac, I no longer have the option in SETTINGS (SOUND SETUP) to select my Numark NS7 sound card. The only output option available is the BUILT-IN sound card option provided by my iMac.

Is there any incompatibility issues with OSX Lion and the NS7 Sound Card?

gavn

Posted Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 9:38 am
While VirtualDJ itself is fully compatible with MacOS Lion, not all hardware (Such as external sound cards, MIDI controllers, etc.) may be compatible yet.

Please check the manufacturer's websites for further details and to download any firmware/driver updates that may be necessary.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 12:52 pm
Hi

I've just updated from Cue 5 to Cue 7. I'm running a Numark CM200usb mixer and a DMC 2 Controller. I used the update for my first gig over the weekend and was unhappy with the way it was performing. The music was running okay for most of the night but at times was starting to skip and the quality was not very good . I found that on Cue 5 the dmc2 told me what music was being played on Cue 7 it shows the information from the wheel mode either search etc. Is there a better skin as I have found Cue 7 having to many options and the Cue 5 skin is not very clear.

Hope you can Help

Tim

Posted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 4:59 am
Skipping and other audio glitches are normally caused by performance issues with you computer and/or incorrect configuration in VirtualDJ.

Please see either the PC or Mac performance issues link (As appropriate) on the following page: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Controller%20Configuration%20And%20Troubleshooting.html

There are a wide variety of custom skins to choose from that may better suit your requirements. Please register you Pro serial number on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then go to http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html to download. Make sure that you choose a skin that matches your screen resolution.

If you are using Cue LE that came with the DMC-2, then you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional at a discount to use custom skins and much, much more: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (Enter your CueLE serial number in the box provided to receive you discount.)

Posted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 6:10 am
Numark NS7 And Virtual DJ Settings Menu ? im just kourious as to whats the best settings, you NS7 users have it set to ? like under the (Sound Tab) do i or don't i check off (Ultra-Latency Asio) and then under the (Performances Tab) whats the best setting to have checked. thanx for your tyme. im just trying to see what other NS7 users are using

Posted Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 10:03 pm
My Mixtrack Pro worked fine the first couple times i used it and i was able to scratch without any problems. However this morning i tried to scratch and instead of scratching the device just bent the pitch of the song i was playing. I've turned the scratch buttons on and off numerous time along with restarting my computer numerous times but i still cant seem to get the ability to scratch back. Is there a way i can get the scratch ability back?
(i'm now using VDJ LE)

Thanks for the help,

Traver

Posted Wed 03 Aug 11 @ 7:23 pm
GSLGSLPRO InfinityMember since 2007
How to setup VDJ as 2-decks + sampler (3-lines mixer) with Numark NS6?

As soon as I choose 3-line mixer or advanced settings with 3 or 4 channels in the sound setup it says "Not enough channels".
Only then "Headphones" setup works.
I want to use "3-lines mixer" and send the sampler signal through channel 4 on the hardware mixer as I did with A-Audio VMS4.

Is this a mapper thing or sound card driver thing that limits to only 2 stereo channels, as it's possible to use 4 decks with a 4-deck skin.

W7 Home Premium
VDJ 7.0.5 Pro (b370)
VDJ NS6 mapping 2.0 (Last update: Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 12:19 am)
ASIO 2.9.25
Firmware 1.0.3 (k1)

Best regards
GSL - Sweden

Posted Mon 08 Aug 11 @ 8:40 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 9:12 am
GSLGSL wrote :
How to setup VDJ as 2-decks + sampler (3-lines mixer) with Numark NS6?

As soon as I choose 3-line mixer or advanced settings with 3 or 4 channels in the sound setup it says "Not enough channels".
Only then "Headphones" setup works.
I want to use "3-lines mixer" and send the sampler signal through channel 4 on the hardware mixer as I did with A-Audio VMS4.

Is this a mapper thing or sound card driver thing that limits to only 2 stereo channels, as it's possible to use 4 decks with a 4-deck skin.

W7 Home Premium
VDJ 7.0.5 Pro (b370)
VDJ NS6 mapping 2.0 (Last update: Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 12:19 am)
ASIO 2.9.25
Firmware 1.0.3 (k1)

Best regards
GSL - Sweden

The NS6 is a 4/4 soundcard with 4 deck mode the software is summing the audio.
It is not a requirement unless you specially need it to have a third sampler channel.

Posted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 9:13 am
skyfxl wrote :
If you would like to speak to technical support directly regarding your issue please contact us or post here.

FORUM
http://getsatisfaction.com/numark/

Numark Technical Support

USA
Phone: 401-658-3131 (Mon. - Fri. 8:30am - 4:30pm, EST)
Email support: support@numark.com

United Kingdom
Phone: +44 1252 353850 (Mon. - Fri. 9am - 6pm, GMT)
Email support: uksupport@numark.com

Europe
Phone: +49 369 29657906 (Mon. - Fri. 9:00 - 13:00 and
14:00 - 17:00, CET)
Email support: support@numark.de

Posted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 9:14 am
Okay... So I'm highly considering the NS6 as my new controller (coming from a VCI). I've done extensive research on the controller itself and I'm very familiar with the ITCH platform (I like it, considering i'm also a heavy scratch live user).

However, I need my next purchase to be able to handle video DJ'ing. That research led to using VDJ on the NS6. BUT... i've been perusing the forums and half of this thread... and I'm just not convinced that it works reliably.

I understand its a new product, but it just seems that it's not "gig-ready" yet. Can anyone out there tell me that their NS6 is trouble-free? I can't have audio glitches or freezes, that's my number one priority (ever had a crowd just look at you and boo?)

I can accept <100% functionality so long as the following will work:
- video mixing on all 4 channels
- auto sync button working on all 4 channels
- looping on all 4 channels
- crossfader to work properly on at least channels 1 and 2
- all 4 upfaders to work
- sound meter on at least 1 and 2
- headphone
- cue buttons

I realize that's the majority of the functions... but you gotta admit that its really the essentials of being able to DJ properly. Heck i'll even wack out channels 3 and 4 for now... so long as I can get 1 and 2 to work without a hitch.

Someone help me feel comfy about purchasing.

Posted Fri 12 Aug 11 @ 2:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does - 3 days of use at the DJ Expo, two 7hr days and one 4 hr day with each day having 3 to 4 different DJs using a single laptop - hot swapping their drives and never locking up and no restarts necessary give you a better feeling ???

Btw, with the exception of myself and DJ Larry D - none of the DJs ever touched the NS6 until they performed. And 3 of the DJs had never used VirtualDJ [SSL-V users] in addition to never using the NS6. All drew crowds watching their sets. And all of them were video sets.

Feel any better ???

It is probably the most complete and best solution (for it's form factor and workflow layout) on the market for VirtualDJ - specially when doing video.

Posted Fri 12 Aug 11 @ 6:30 pm
I have a Numark DJ IO and am using it with a Hercules 4MX, but I can't seem to get them set up the way that I want. I have one output plugged into output 1, another output plugged into output 2, and then my headphones plugged into the headphone port. The outputs work fine, the only problem is that when I try to cue the next song, it starts playing through the speaker output, which obviously isn't supposed to happen, so I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to set this up so that I can cue my next song without hearing it through the output? Please help asap!

Posted Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 5:40 pm

Posted Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 7:41 pm
NS7 & NSFX hardware with vdj 7.05 (latest)
okay so here are the problems i'm having.. i dont know why but when i use serato itch. everything is fine.
but when i use virtual dj. it makes a scratching noise when i sync.

nsfx is buggy. first it controls the effects just as it should. but after a couple of minutes. it only controls the loop.

left side deck play/pause button. not as responsive as the right side. would miss about 50 % 1 out of two presses.

should i return the unit to numark ? or is this virtual dj issue. thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 25 Aug 11 @ 5:03 pm
numark ? anyone? i guess i'm returning this unit ....it's too bad oz the platter feels nice and it's super responsive. no delay whatsoever.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 12:42 am
Hello
I have a big problem
and though I have 2 numark v7 and the master always hear the end of the game and start from the beginning of the song again. setting have all done so as it says in the manual. hopefully someone can help me.

I'm sorry for my bad english
mfg hard money bitches

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 8:30 am
Hello...
just bought the Numark Mixdeck and i am bring out the VDJ demo for 20 days, but i can't seem to get my mix deck connected to the acctul program. I've tried everything including the aggregate connections and things. still not working!!!! please help!!!

Posted Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 1:23 am
Hey,

I just bought a new numark mixdeck yesterday. the deck works fine with cd's and flash drives but when connecting to PC it does not work. Virtual DJ LE is installed. I installed the audio drivers before doing anything. I use the Source button and change to MIDI on the mixdeck and I drag the song on either side and it somewhat loads but when I look down on the led display its like frozen and if it does give me the option to press play on the mixdeck it will then stop all functions. The second part is that the sound is not coming from my numark speakers, only the computer speakers. i have it connected from the master output on the back to the speakers and then usb from laptop to mixdeck. Am I doing something wrong. my l;aptop has 2.4 ghz and 4gb of ram, should be more then enough to handle the software.
PLEASE HELP

Thanks all

Posted Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 2:59 pm

Posted Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 6:15 pm
72%