Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 56

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4135/Recording_your_set_or_broadcasting_when_using_an_external_DJ_mixer.html for an explanation and details on how to record when using an analogue or external DJ mixer, such as that in the MixDeck.

In the full VirtualDJ Professional, you can change the mapping of any of the buttons to perform functions of your own choice, such as triggering samples. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4149/VDJscript_Mapping.html for details.

Assuming that it came with VirtualDJ LE and is not second hand or the discount has not already been used, your MixDeck entitles you to a significant discount off upgrading to VirtualDJ Professional. To receive this, please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and enter your DJ Console software serial number in the box provided.

Posted Sat 16 Apr 11 @ 3:17 pm
Hello, i bought the numark mixtrack pro and now i cant use my hot keys on the laptop for sound effects... as a matter of fact, I have no options anymore???

Posted Mon 18 Apr 11 @ 1:32 am
Sorry, the software that you received with your MixTrack Pro is a free limited edition and does not allow custom skins, effects, etc. to be used or the program configuration options to be changed (Except during the 20 day trial of Pro.)

However, it should still allow default keyboard shortcuts to be used, unless you have either changed, deleted or disabled these during the Pro trial. If the trial is still active, check the mappings for Keytboard under CONFIG -> Mappers. Click on the button to the right and make sure that keyboard shortcuts are enabled. If the Pro trial has expired, you can do this using VirtualDJ Home FREE http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html - This will allow you to try the software for 10 minutes with your MixTrack Pro, which is enough time to check this.

NOTE: To be able to use custom skins, effects and much, much more you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional. Your VirtualDJ LE entitles you to a significant discount off the cost of upgrading. To receive this, please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and enter your software serial number in the box provided at the bottom of the page.

Posted Mon 18 Apr 11 @ 4:02 am
Hi

I am looking to purchase 2 x numark NDX800's. can these both work as two decks with an external mixer via midi and then have the cd's for back up laptop fails.

Also will the decks have full functionality, not half. All this while using VDJ 7.0.3. I dont want to purchase these decks if I cant use the midi function on both decks.

I currently use denon s1000 and timecode cd's. But I like the thought of the midi control,

Does anyone know know if this is now possible. As I have heard and read that you can only use one deck via midi. If its its possible can someone explain how the connections are done.

Posted Mon 18 Apr 11 @ 1:02 pm
Hi, is there a way to map the Effect Knob click change to sampler selection when clicked, i found out by clicking the effect knob selector nothing happens, i hope i can map these to go to the sampler panel and then roll the know to select, then use the effect button itself to play the samplers, please teach me how to map this out thanks! ive tried already by the way to map it out, but still couldnt map it properly

Posted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 12:13 am
Was playing at a club a few weeks ago with my numark mixdeck with an Asus 15inch 4gig 500 rom. All of a sudden my decks started playing on the opposite side of each other and I can't seem to get it to switch back. Yes I do know about the reverse switch in the front its not that at all. I tried to download virtual again to see if that was the problem still no dice...Had to do a gig with one deck. I can't seem to get vdj to every work right its always something even if i use my R.M.X also which virtual claim to pair flawless with it....

Posted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 6:45 am
@Studio, try going into settings or config and then go to the mappers tab. You might need to change the deck assignments. But before you do that start VDJ start the mixdeck in MIDI mode then hit the "ejcet" button on one of the decks. They have the mapped to switch sides and refresh the controller.
I use the newest version 7.0.3 and its pretty much flawless.

Let me know.
Huey

Posted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 9:45 am
mixmeisterbrown wrote :
I am looking to purchase 2 x numark NDX800's. can these both work as two decks with an external mixer via midi and then have the cd's for back up laptop fails. Also will the decks have full functionality, not half

They can be used with full MIDI functionality in the latest VirtualDJ v7.0.3 Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - Both decks will work as MIDI controllers allowing you to separately control two VirtualDJ decks with two players.

You can try them out with Home FREE by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html - This software will allow you to test your MIDI controllers with it for 10 minutes at a time before reverting back to internal mouse and keyboard control only.

Make sure that you have the latest firmware installed from http://www.numark.com/ndx800

To use with two decks to an external mixer, you will also need a DJ sound card with at least two stereo outputs such as Numark DJIO or Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ. The NDX-800 does not have its own built-in USB sound card. If you already have a sound card for timecode, you can use that.

Posted Wed 20 Apr 11 @ 5:36 am
skyfxl wrote :
DJ Tidalwave wrote :
OK Guys, I have posted this twice already, and three times a charm I hope. I was really hoping the Numark Rep would reply, but not yet. I have $1100 worth of V7's that I cant use. I have gone through every version of VDJ 7 and some old 6.08 as well. When I load a song or video, and I start it, it is not on track. The speed vries, I get wow and flutter like a warped record. I stop the motor, and start it again and it is fine till I reload a new song, and then it sarts again. Even my brand new Mac Book Pro does it!

I have emailed 2 people at Numark who had me change a latency setting, but that did not change anything, and I rally want to use them but I caN take that to a gig? Please.. anyone got this problem or a fix?!

Hello what is your spec there?
The best version to run is 7.0.3 older versions do have some issues with drift.

Posted Wed 20 Apr 11 @ 11:43 pm
how do i fix the problem with using the crossfader to switch from chan.1 to chan.2 in usb-mindi source mode. both chan.1 and chan.2 play on one channel instead of crossfading from one channel and to the other. i tried to adjust the configuration on the top of the virtualdj program on my computer but it still dont work properly.

Posted Tue 26 Apr 11 @ 3:15 pm
Your settings are wrong.
Do this,

Inputs, none
External mixer
Soundcard, ASIO and choose Mixdeck inthe drop down. Then check the ultra low latency box

Let us know if it fixed your problem
Huey

Posted Tue 26 Apr 11 @ 3:22 pm

Posted Wed 27 Apr 11 @ 7:15 am
namiiCUE userMember since 2009
I tried to search from this exact numark forum solutions for my problems, but i didnt find any. (Maybe my english isnt so good and thats why i didnt know exact words to use for search)

Couple of questions:

I have Asus Aspire 7520g laptop - works fine usually when playing.
Numark soundcard attached to pioneer djm-400 mixer and i play with two Technics sl-1200 vinylplayers.

Problems im having are:

1. from options i usually cannot use none than virtual vinyl engine 3 (very old) with smart relative mode - if i try to use newest the signal cannot be found.
--> i have a Concorde Pro S stylus - ive heard that i need better needles to gain more output from needles but im not sure? - why is that so if it is true?

2. when playin 320kbps mp3 music - i usually have gain turned to max on interface and i use mixer gain to control the gain. - The problem is that even when i turn the gain level to same level as the song which i am playing and start to mix, the volume can be sometimes low and i have to like turn it up little bit? - okay i know that sometimes mp3 volume can be low even if it is 320kbps? - silly questions but you smart people have answers :) - So is there something to do?

--> i would appreciate if the interface could usually change the gain to zero. For example i load a song with a -3.4db gain and interface turns it automatically to 0,0 - this way playing could be little bit more satisfying?

Most problems im having are just with the sound volume and gain - everything else works quite decently even using the very old engine..

THANKS FOR ANY HELP! :)

Posted Mon 09 May 11 @ 3:37 am
Izm123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Im currently using two Denon HS-5500's with Virtualdj 7.04 in midi mode and its working very well. However, i'm seriously considering moving on to the Numark V7's. Before i purchase i'd like to know if two V7's will work with VirtualDJ just as well if not better in midi/hid modes? Are there any issues with lockups, latencys, warbly sound etc? Denon used to have issues but have been resolved since version 7.03..im hopping any Numark V7s past issues have also been resolved?

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 1:16 pm
I use V7's almost exclusively 2+ times week in the night club. Depending on the horsepower of your laptop, you should be fine. I run on a 2008 unibody macbook running Windows 7 and it does very well. I do notice lagging on startup when I attach bigger drives, but don't attribute that to the V7's. I think they are a very wise purchase, and the best of both world of vinyl vs. CDJ's.

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 2:02 pm
namii wrote :
I tried to search from this exact numark forum solutions for my problems, but i didnt find any. (Maybe my english isnt so good and thats why i didnt know exact words to use for search)

Couple of questions:

I have Asus Aspire 7520g laptop - works fine usually when playing.
Numark soundcard attached to pioneer djm-400 mixer and i play with two Technics sl-1200 vinylplayers.

Problems im having are:

1. from options i usually cannot use none than virtual vinyl engine 3 (very old) with smart relative mode - if i try to use newest the signal cannot be found.
--> i have a Concorde Pro S stylus - ive heard that i need better needles to gain more output from needles but im not sure? - why is that so if it is true?

2. when playin 320kbps mp3 music - i usually have gain turned to max on interface and i use mixer gain to control the gain. - The problem is that even when i turn the gain level to same level as the song which i am playing and start to mix, the volume can be sometimes low and i have to like turn it up little bit? - okay i know that sometimes mp3 volume can be low even if it is 320kbps? - silly questions but you smart people have answers :) - So is there something to do?

--> i would appreciate if the interface could usually change the gain to zero. For example i load a song with a -3.4db gain and interface turns it automatically to 0,0 - this way playing could be little bit more satisfying?

Most problems im having are just with the sound volume and gain - everything else works quite decently even using the very old engine..

THANKS FOR ANY HELP! :)

I find that to be the nature of the beast with VDJ. You can try using auto-gain in options and it may help a little. What timecodes are you using? I find the Serato pressings to work better for me then VDJ. VDJ's CD timcodes work best for CDJ's. And while Technics have been the standard for years, I've moved to Numark TTX's which use line instead of phono and haven't looked back since. Digital signals are jjust a better way to go when dealing with timecodes.

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 2:05 pm
Where is this barcode for the discount? I have tried all these numbers and it isnt working. Is there no discount?! Let me know so I can switch to traktor

Posted Sat 14 May 11 @ 12:47 pm
The discount is obtained by entering your VirtualDJ LE or Numark CueLE serial number in the box provided on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

You will find this on the sleeve of the installation CD that came with the product. If you have lost this, you should be able to retrieve it by contacting the manufacturer's support http://www.numark.com

If the product did not come with VirtualDJ LE or CueLE included, then unfortunately you are not entitled to any discount.

Posted Sat 14 May 11 @ 12:58 pm
I use a MixDeck with an Alienware PC. The Mixdeck has quit working and is unresponsive. The buttons no longer trigger a response in VDJ. For example when pressing "Play" VDJ does nothing. If I repeatedly press the "Play or Pause" buttons I can get the function to trigger, but the frequency is very random. On a few occasions this has caused a complete system crash and gave me a blue screen stating a USB Device experienced hardware failure.

I have tried uninstalling both the Mixdeck and VDJ, then reinstalling. I have reinstalled drivers as well as updated the firmware of the Mixdeck. I have tried using System Restore Points to go back in time when the Mixdeck was working. But nothing seems to work. Both the PC and VDJ see the Mixdeck and show it's connected, but it just doesn't work.

Any ideas on something else I can try?

Posted Mon 16 May 11 @ 10:03 pm
@topsoundmobile:

It sounds like you have a hardware fault with the MixDeck. Please contact the manufacturer Numark for advice: http://www.numark.com

@syoti0903:

The music should start playing again as soon as you release the jogwheel. If it is remaining paused (As though you are still touching the wheel), then the touch sensor may be faulty.

Posted Tue 17 May 11 @ 5:52 am
67%