Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 55

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
melrob wrote :
Just jumping into the digital world of Djing... I bought a mixtrack pro just for simple gigs and easy set up, and the controller just stops working some times. The lights on the cue and play/pause buttons just blink. I can still control the audio through VDJ on my laptop, but the controller just stops. How do I fix and avoid this?

Sounds like your using home edition you should use the supplied LE

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 10:59 am
takabron wrote :
djtriple9 wrote :
sounds like a horsepower issue to me. What is your entire setup? (processor, bus speed RAM, etc.?) What else are you runnig with it? I run V7's with an Akai LPD8 and am often on Facebook and MSN and things run pretty well. I'm on a unibody Mac with 2.66Ghz proc and 4GB in Ram running bootcamp win7.

I got a Dell XPS with I7 Q740 and 6GB ram, its not a horsepower issue. I just stopped using vdj and installed itch for my v7's, that solved the problem. I use VDJ only to play videos on another laptop..

You do have to have Itch installed on your laptop to make VDJ work. Don't know why, but I have tested and found this to be the case. If you're on a 64 bit OS I would change your latency to 1024ms, and make sure ultra latency and safe mode are off. the auto function doesn't seem to perform well on 64 bit Win7 for me.

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 12:55 pm
grommit4 wrote :
@beatbreaker1: Yeah i think i will get an Audio6 or 8 within the next months. Seems to be better quality than the Rane Series.

I have an Audio4DJ, it is as poor performing as the SL1. I have found the Hercules Deejay Trim to be the best option for the money. It is a very well performing box, and it's a tank. Takes up more space as it's almost twice the size of an SL1, but it's a good unit. I've tested that against the Audio4DJ, SL1, and the Maya 44. Hands down, the best box for using VDJ. Timecodes took a second to tweak, but once done they performed pretty well. No diss to VDJ, but Serato Vinyl for some reason performs more consistently than VDJ Vinyl; I have also found this to be the case with CD timecodes as well. VDJ timecode had a tendency to start drifting and making it nearly impossible to line up tracks. After about an hour it is at a point I would consider unusable, as some of my crossovers can be upwards of two minutes, and the tracks are drifting so fast I can't adjust the timecodes fast enough. Switching to internal won't work at that point either. I have to shut down and restart to get it working again.

I apologize for the location of the post, as this seems better suited elsewhere, I guess threads drift like that sometimes :)

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 1:04 pm
mmusic8410 wrote :
Numark V7 question. I've got 2 V7's hooked up on VDJ 7 and I'm having a problem with the right deck. Whenever I play a song it comes through sounding like the chipmunks. When I use 1 V7 and switch back and forth between the deck select its fine and using Itch with both decks works fine. Anyone have any suggestions for sound settings or latency settings that might fix this? I've made all the adjustments I know how to do with both and still nothing.

Thanks.

Click the master button and then click it back. I think this is a bug, it happens every time I start VDJ with 2 V7's linked together.

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 1:07 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djtriple9 wrote :
takabron wrote :
djtriple9 wrote :
sounds like a horsepower issue to me. What is your entire setup? (processor, bus speed RAM, etc.?) What else are you runnig with it? I run V7's with an Akai LPD8 and am often on Facebook and MSN and things run pretty well. I'm on a unibody Mac with 2.66Ghz proc and 4GB in Ram running bootcamp win7.

I got a Dell XPS with I7 Q740 and 6GB ram, its not a horsepower issue. I just stopped using vdj and installed itch for my v7's, that solved the problem. I use VDJ only to play videos on another laptop..

You do have to have Itch installed on your laptop to make VDJ work. Don't know why, but I have tested and found this to be the case. If you're on a 64 bit OS I would change your latency to 1024ms, and make sure ultra latency and safe mode are off. the auto function doesn't seem to perform well on 64 bit Win7 for me.

Ensures you get a smooth driver install. You can download the drivers separately however.

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 1:11 pm

Posted Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 9:43 am
gogimanHome userMember since 2009
I am currently using total control with vdj and the i/o soundcard...i am thinking about upgrading cause the play button on my total control on the right deck is giving out (have to press it really hard and in right spot to react). i would like to upgrade to the numark stealth and vdj 7.0.3...would i have any problems doing this? do i need to reinstall anything (i/o drivers) or could i just upgrade my vdj to the new version and use the stealth just like i have with TC so far?

Posted Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 11:33 pm
You can simply purchase the latest VIrtualDJ v7.0.3 from http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and install it over the top of the version you are currently using.

If you don't already own VirtualDJ, then you may wish to consider a controller that comes with VirtualDJ LE included: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html (E.g: Numark MixTrack, Numark MixDeck, etc.) - These can be upgraded at a discount to the latest full VirtualDJ Professional.

NOTE: If the version that you are using is older than v5, then you will need to apply each major version since then to also upgrade the database. We can make these available on request to registered licensed users via support http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Posted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 3:25 am
Has there been any difinitive answer on whether the Numark Mixdeck will work with the latest VDJ pro? I would like to know if there is an adequate skin out there for MAC that allows for video and all controls on the deck such as the IPOD interface and USB controls for thumb drives etc. I realize from other posts that the fader is a mechanical one and not a MIDI one but other than that???

Posted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 11:59 am
@skyfxl: thanks for the detailed infos. That explains a lot. Ok then i have to change....

@djtriple9: actually i´m testing and comparing some soundcards. The Hercules Deejay Trim is myabe the best in sound quality. The sound chip is high quality. But it wouldn´t be a real upgrade to the VV. Multi Deck Control is not possible. I will see... Would be nice to see a new 8+ channel interface by Hercules :-D

Posted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 12:22 pm
@Papabear, I use the mixdeck with a pc so I don't know about a MAC but it works with VDJ7. As far as the mixer section it it NOT MIDI, so it won't control VDJ. The ipod and thumb drives are independent of VDJ meaning you can't do anything with them through VDJ when they are plugged into the mixdeck. As far as a skin the default skin is fine but you can always try your hand at creating your own to better suit your needs.

Hope that helps
Huey

Posted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 12:28 pm
grommit4 wrote :
@skyfxl: thanks for the detailed infos. That explains a lot. Ok then i have to change....

@djtriple9: actually i´m testing and comparing some soundcards. The Hercules Deejay Trim is myabe the best in sound quality. The sound chip is high quality. But it wouldn´t be a real upgrade to the VV. Multi Deck Control is not possible. I will see... Would be nice to see a new 8+ channel interface by Hercules :-D

As long as you weren't running the input you could in theory run up to threee outputs on the soundcard, but yes, it woun't give you anyhting over the VV other than better sound quality, an onboard powered USB hub, an onboard eq for troubleshooting connections. and running virtual Vinyl in WDM mode instead of ASIO so you aren't limited to a single sound card in your setup :P

I have set up 4 decks with this sound card and two Numark V7's in my studio, of course using the onboard sound card on the V7's. It work fatser than I could :) I haven't tried with the VV card, but the Serato SL1 ASIO driver was tweaking out when I tried it...

Posted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 12:30 pm
Native Instruments Audio 8 is the way to go, it is by far the best card but since they don't make it anymore I'd go with the Audio 6 or the Audio 10. The trim is alright but the NI cards sound way better.

Huey

Posted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 2:17 pm
I disagree, the interface software is extremely limited and has no versatility, nor does the card. The deejay trim allows for independent channel gain controls, both on the device and in the hardware. Really the only card I know of that does that, thought the maya44usb does allow for this.
Audio8 only gives you the 4 deck option, but at the loss of many other features. It is also a very processor hungry device that is notorious for latency issues when it comes to virtual vinyl. I guess if it was that serious, the deejay trim driver will allow for two to be plugged in in WDM mode...but perhaps hercules will make something along the lines of an SL4 someday. I'll be testing that device out soon.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 2:41 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
@Papabear, I use the mixdeck with a pc so I don't know about a MAC but it works with VDJ7. As far as the mixer section it it NOT MIDI, so it won't control VDJ. The ipod and thumb drives are independent of VDJ meaning you can't do anything with them through VDJ when they are plugged into the mixdeck. As far as a skin the default skin is fine but you can always try your hand at creating your own to better suit your needs.

Hope that helps
Huey

So if the Ipod and USB controls are independent, I assume you would need to run an alternate media player and use the Numark as your sound card? If this is true why not just get a USB hub and a card reader??? I guess what I am asking is what is the advantage to having the Ipod interface and/or built in USB???

Posted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 3:06 pm
you would use the music from your computer, VDJ just wouldn't control anything on your Ipod; I believe you would be able to switch between the two. You could also use the ipod to record your set. Essentially the usb is just another stereo channel as far as the on board mixer is concerned.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 3:20 pm
If you are asking if the mixdeck controllers would work, the answer is yes. There would be no need for any other media controllers.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 3:21 pm
How do I preview songs through my headphones using Mixdeck and Virtual DJ Pro?

And also, is there a way to trigger samples on the Mixdeck rather than using VDJ?

I have been searching for answers all day. I figure its time I finally ask for help lol - Any kinda help
would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

One more thing - Would any kind of external sound card work for a line out to record on my laptop?

Posted Sat 16 Apr 11 @ 12:08 am
@Lucky, you plugin in your headphones into the jack located at the front of the MixDeck then turn the headphone volume up. Then move the slider to preview which ever deck your cueing up. As far as the samples I could never figure that out either with the default mapping. So I had to map it myself with the help of some others here. As far as a soundcard, you could use a small 1 like a Behringer uca (I think that's what it called), I found 1 at my local pawn shop for like 5 bucks. And I have used it to record.

Hope that helps
Huey

Peep this thread for your sampler troubles, http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/140550/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Controller_Reflect_a_Skin______.html?search=Controller%20reflect%20a%20skin&page=1
It's towards the bottom of the first page, then just read on. I'm sure it's what you want.

Posted Sat 16 Apr 11 @ 9:20 am
Thank you, Huey :) - That helps a lot!

Which method would work best recording mixes to my laptop without using VDJ?

Posted Sat 16 Apr 11 @ 12:12 pm
66%