Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 54

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

@Fett, Let me set my stuff back up and ill let you know.

Huey

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 8:01 am
fett75Home userMember since 2011
That would be great thanks! I've been looking for someone with the same set up to chech their settings. Thanks much!

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 11:12 am
Hi, having previously had a hercules basic controller running with le, i've purchased a numark mixtrack pro, I have been using it on my friends full version of vdj to get a feel for it and to see if i should take the plunge and upgrade to pro or use the traktor bundled with it, my problem is, after a couple of on and offs with software hardware etc, i lose the scratch and pause with the touch jog wheels, checked options that vinyl is selected, all seems fine. Strangely when i put the controller into a new usb port it works again properly but then happens again..and again etc.

Any ideas? its really put me off going pro! (and considering taking the mixtrack back to store!) All help gratefully recieved :)

also have been getting freezes, when this happens windows etc is fine but absolutely no response from the controller or vdj and it says it is playing when i try to quit when there is no sound or movement in scrolling wave box. Whyen it works after that it seems everything is reversed in regards to the touch platter ie i have to be pressing the platter down for the tune to play this is rectified by holding down the platter, hitting scratch to turn off and it then continues to play but as said before no scratch at all or fast rewind.

Posted Wed 30 Mar 11 @ 8:49 pm
fett75Home userMember since 2011
I found the answer. There are settings in VDJ that adjust cue speed. Mine was set very low bumped it up 3/4 way and it's all good. Thanks for replying.

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 7:00 am
Yeah that'lldo it.

Glad your all sorted
Huey

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 10:17 am
melrobPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Just jumping into the digital world of Djing... I bought a mixtrack pro just for simple gigs and easy set up, and the controller just stops working some times. The lights on the cue and play/pause buttons just blink. I can still control the audio through VDJ on my laptop, but the controller just stops. How do I fix and avoid this?

Posted Sat 02 Apr 11 @ 12:09 am
Hey everbody, I have a few problems with numark virtual vinyl box and virtual dj 7. I am sure that i am not the only one. Maybe someone out there can help?! Support by Numark does not exist at all :-(

1. Virtual Vinyl Box not available under advanced config.
2. No Recording or Broadcasting possible, cause you have to use the loopback for record, which is only available under advanced config.
3. Support for multi deck control (at the moment limited to 2 decks)
4. Fully functionally 64 bit driver still missing.

Posted Sun 03 Apr 11 @ 1:13 pm
The software has surpassed the capabilites of the box. I went through this when 7 first came out. Your best bet is to ditch that box and bbuy a new one. I went with N.I. AUDIO 8. I have a tthread where the programmer of VDJ explains everything , if I find it ill post a link.

Huey

Posted Sun 03 Apr 11 @ 3:22 pm
Ok I have a question. Ill be purchasing a Numark Mixtrack Pro here in about a week or more. It says that it comes with VDJ LE software. How long is it good for and will I be able to get MORE effects with it or not?

Posted Sun 03 Apr 11 @ 7:03 pm
djtriple9 wrote :
You need to download and install reg tools and set your start delay to "0"

Where can I get Reg Tools for MAc?

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 4:25 pm
OK Guys, I have posted this twice already, and three times a charm I hope. I was really hoping the Numark Rep would reply, but not yet. I have $1100 worth of V7's that I cant use. I have gone through every version of VDJ 7 and some old 6.08 as well. When I load a song or video, and I start it, it is not on track. The speed vries, I get wow and flutter like a warped record. I stop the motor, and start it again and it is fine till I reload a new song, and then it sarts again. Even my brand new Mac Book Pro does it!

I have emailed 2 people at Numark who had me change a latency setting, but that did not change anything, and I rally want to use them but I caN take that to a gig? Please.. anyone got this problem or a fix?!

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 4:30 pm
DJSkrewball wrote :
Ok I have a question. Ill be purchasing a Numark Mixtrack Pro here in about a week or more. It says that it comes with VDJ LE software. How long is it good for and will I be able to get MORE effects with it or not?

There is no time limit on using VirtualDJ LE, however it is free limited software and does not support custom skins, effects, etc. (Except during the 20 day trial of the full VirtualDJ Pro.) Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

You can upgrade from VirtualDJ LE for MixTrack Pro to the full VirtualDJ Professional at a considerable discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html once you have the console.

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 4:47 pm
Numark V7 question. I've got 2 V7's hooked up on VDJ 7 and I'm having a problem with the right deck. Whenever I play a song it comes through sounding like the chipmunks. When I use 1 V7 and switch back and forth between the deck select its fine and using Itch with both decks works fine. Anyone have any suggestions for sound settings or latency settings that might fix this? I've made all the adjustments I know how to do with both and still nothing.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 5:33 pm
Here is the fix. Turn on ONLY 1 V7, the Master, and then launch VDJ. After it starts up, turn on the second unit, and take it off master. Go to settings and set external mixer, Numark Sound (if Mac) or ASIO if PC, and 4 channel souynd card, make sure you hit apply. Then set Mappers as well. Go bak=ck to sound and hit APPLY and all shoiuld be good. I had that problem for a bout 2 weeks and I figured out it all has to do with power up sequence.

Now if I can just figure out the warble/ warped sound on the Mac version I am good!

Posted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 11:37 am
@beatbreaker1: Compare Serato SL3 with the Numark VV. Its nearly the same, also has 3 In- and Outputs. The only real difference is the driver. For Serato we have an actual ASIO driver. The numark driver is an old one and needs to be updated for fully functionallity with multi decks etc... With a bit knowless should be possible to write the driver update.

Take a look at the product page of Virtual Vinyl Boy at numark.com. You can see new features for Cuew 7 like "multi deck control"...
They are even advertising with these functions. It is definitly possible, the only missing thing is a new driver. And i think everybody would agree that stopping the support for a high priced product after 2 years is not customer friendly.

http://www.numark.com/virtualvinyl

It is really frustrating, having to wait years for an update, that maybe never appears.... Or even buying another device for a lot of money. Support by Numark is really the badest Ive ever seen.

Posted Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 12:04 am
@Grommit, lol! This came out of no where. Ive since moved away from that box. Heres what the creator of VDJ said, so you be the judge,

sclavel wrote :
The VV box is designed to run timecode with a lower latency than a usual soundcard.
There is a bunch of complicated code in the driver and firmware to give it "adaptative latency" to adapt the latency automatically to the lowest your system is capable of, in real time.

But, because of these optimizations, the VV cannot be operated alongside "normal" slower soundcards.
(the VV would have to "wait" on the other cards to keep the streams synchronized, and it's not possible).

But anyway, the VV box does have 3 outputs, so it can definitely be used in a 3-decks mode, and you would even still have the low-latency inputs to get your timecode in.
But yes, if you want to get more than 3 outputs, you'll have to use some hardware that is built to handle such things.
The VV box was built to handle low-latency timecode, not versatility and multi-channels ;)

Bro just get a new box then upgrade to VDJ7 and call it good. The best I ever made, no waiting and freedom to do whatever I want with my NI Audio 8 sound card

Good Luck
Huey

Posted Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 2:17 am
djtriple9 wrote :
sounds like a horsepower issue to me. What is your entire setup? (processor, bus speed RAM, etc.?) What else are you runnig with it? I run V7's with an Akai LPD8 and am often on Facebook and MSN and things run pretty well. I'm on a unibody Mac with 2.66Ghz proc and 4GB in Ram running bootcamp win7.

I got a Dell XPS with I7 Q740 and 6GB ram, its not a horsepower issue. I just stopped using vdj and installed itch for my v7's, that solved the problem. I use VDJ only to play videos on another laptop..

Posted Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 2:32 am
@beatbreaker1: Yeah i think i will get an Audio6 or 8 within the next months. Seems to be better quality than the Rane Series.

Posted Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 11:56 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Tidalwave wrote :
OK Guys, I have posted this twice already, and three times a charm I hope. I was really hoping the Numark Rep would reply, but not yet. I have $1100 worth of V7's that I cant use. I have gone through every version of VDJ 7 and some old 6.08 as well. When I load a song or video, and I start it, it is not on track. The speed vries, I get wow and flutter like a warped record. I stop the motor, and start it again and it is fine till I reload a new song, and then it sarts again. Even my brand new Mac Book Pro does it!

I have emailed 2 people at Numark who had me change a latency setting, but that did not change anything, and I rally want to use them but I caN take that to a gig? Please.. anyone got this problem or a fix?!

Hello what is your spec there?
The best version to run is 7.0.3 older versions do have some issues with drift.

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 10:50 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
grommit4 wrote :
@beatbreaker1: Compare Serato SL3 with the Numark VV. Its nearly the same, also has 3 In- and Outputs. The only real difference is the driver. For Serato we have an actual ASIO driver. The numark driver is an old one and needs to be updated for fully functionallity with multi decks etc... With a bit knowless should be possible to write the driver update.

Take a look at the product page of Virtual Vinyl Boy at numark.com. You can see new features for Cuew 7 like "multi deck control"...
They are even advertising with these functions. It is definitly possible, the only missing thing is a new driver. And i think everybody would agree that stopping the support for a high priced product after 2 years is not customer friendly.

http://www.numark.com/virtualvinyl

It is really frustrating, having to wait years for an update, that maybe never appears.... Or even buying another device for a lot of money. Support by Numark is really the badest Ive ever seen.

Unfortunately the box is limited in the number of inputs it has like the SL1 which was designed around the same time.

There was no four deck software at the time. The driver on the Numark website is a placeholder which allows the software to find it. Its mostly down to the software on how it will use the box. Part of the issue is the driver lives in the software. As Stephane said the box actually has a very low latency because of this direct communication. It would requite software changes to allow toggling between decks however it would not be possible due to the number of inputs to have four running at once.

The software supports multi deck which is why that is listed. We support a wide range of soundcards and controllers.
You would still have a pro version of the software from VV you could use with another card if you specifically need four decks of TCV control.

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 10:57 am
65%