Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 53

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

pontoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello eveyone ..
i just got the numark ns7fx ..it's a fine piece of equipment but i got quick question ...

am using the default mapping from vertualdj to work but i can't seem to find a way to control the Sampler though the controller ..
Effects works fine though ...

so if anyone knows how to do that or has a diagram of the midi map that shows how to activate it plz let me know ASAP

cheers

Posted Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 9:55 pm
Hey there, I was us ing virtual dj with my brand new mixdeck and everything was working fine with selecting songs through my mixdeck and everything but now when I select a song on the virtual dj onto deck 1 it goes onto deck 2 of my mixdeck, and also the crossfader is reversed when the knob is set to normal. when I select a song with my mixdeck it goes onto the opposite deck on the computer program.. I just want to know whats wrong now.

Posted Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 9:58 pm
therealdjmanila wrote :
I purchased a Numark Mixdeck last week and it would not work as a MIDI. I have installed the driver CD and also the Virtual DJ disc that came with it and it has not worked.

I already did the configuration of the ASIO Soundcard and Mixdeck was recognized and still a no go.

Is there anything I am missing in the process? If I select the Source the lights turn off and does not do anything as soon as I switch to MIDI

are you aware the the mixer part of mixdeck is analog not midi ???
was the reason i got ns7 and payed extra ..

Posted Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 10:08 pm
skrillamix wrote :
Hey there, I was us ing virtual dj with my brand new mixdeck and everything was working fine with selecting songs through my mixdeck and everything but now when I select a song on the virtual dj onto deck 1 it goes onto deck 2 of my mixdeck, and also the crossfader is reversed when the knob is set to normal. when I select a song with my mixdeck it goes onto the opposite deck on the computer program.. I just want to know whats wrong now.

Hit the eject button on 1 of the decks. It'll reverse it back. The eject button is mapped to "reverse the decks and rescan the controllers".

Hope that helps
Huey

Posted Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 11:10 pm
cloakHome userMember since 2011
So i've been using the mixtrack pro fine for ages and it was all working well with virtual dj 7. Recently 2 of the 3 usb ports on my computer when the Mixtrack pro is attached, it doesn't play any sound out of my stereo or headphones.

It works fine on the third usb - one that it hasn't been used on before - but on the two that it has been used on, no sound output from both the headphones/monitors are transmitted.

On all 3 usb connections i have this setup

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4749/numark223.jpg

but like I say 2/3 usb ports it doesn't transmit sound but does respond to the movement of a knob/crossfader etc.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 11:09 am
suryyaHome userMember since 2010
hi,
i have got a pair of NDX 800.
I want to use that with Virtual DJ. But my laptop has only 2 channel audio. why i want to use each deck it need to be separated as MONO. I want to get a USB sound card for that . A 4 Channel USB audio card. So i request you kindly refer me some sound cards for my NDX 800 .
Thanx in advanced.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 12:28 pm
OK..... I've got the Numark Stealth controller. And I have VDJ7 Home Edt. is there someway that I can use my controller on vdj7? And if so, can you tell me how to do it? Thank you so very much.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 2:47 pm
Sorry, VirtualDJ Home FREE is limited software and does not support MIDI controllers (Except for 10 minutes at a time as a trial of the full VirtualDJ Pro.)

To be able to use MIDI controllers and much, much more, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 7:19 pm
guys anyone can plz tell me where to control the samples on the ns7 Fx caus i cant seem to find it thanx

Posted Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 2:43 am
Have the Video DJ with NS7 problems been resolved? I still have the underwater sound with the Motor turned on.

Posted Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 2:22 pm
ponto wrote :
guys anyone can plz tell me where to control the samples on the ns7 Fx caus i cant seem to find it thanx

for god's sake does anyone tend to this thread or we gonna keep on posting here and not getting an answer !!!

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 2:25 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ponto wrote :

The NS7 does not have controls mapped to this by default if you want you can add this or use a secondary controller.

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 10:26 am
skyfxl wrote :
ponto wrote :

The NS7 does not have controls mapped to this by default if you want you can add this or use a secondary controller.

thank you !!

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 10:47 am
Hi I just purchased a Mixtrack Pro .I had a vestax vcm-100 but replaced it with the Numark. Everytning was working fine until I booted the system up to mix and I get a directx/wdm error. Now it works sometimes and then I get a lot of scratchy & static and awful noise .Istill have the maya soundcard installed from the Vestax. Can you help me clean this up. Like I said at one point it was sounding fine. Then crap!! Thank you.

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 1:11 pm
fett75Home userMember since 2011
Mixdeck help!?! Got my mixdeck and noticed in the quickstart guide you can press the function button and adjust things like search speed. When I press my button it does nothing. I'm using the latest VDJ. In the prefrances I noticed under mapping that it say function button does nothing. Also in the quick start it shows how to change scratch type by pressing scatch button for 2 seconds then using the knob to change types. I got that to work once then never again. What am I doing wrong?

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 7:43 pm
Hahaa!! Those are the instructions when using it as a cd player not MIDI mode..............

Good Luck
Huey

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 1:54 am
Hahaa!! Those are the instructions when using it as a cd player not MIDI mode..............

Good Luck
Huey

so is there no way to search a track fast in midi mode with vdj? when i press and hold the search and use the parameter knob i get nothing in midi mode. I think it has something to do with the mapping. The mixdeck doesn't have a sync button but I don't plan on using the cd drives so I mapped the eject button to sync and it works good. By the search in the mapping section it says vinyl 0 and vinyl 1. What should it or could it say to speed up searching? is there somewhere online that has all the language I can use in these fields?

Thanks

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 2:18 pm
I have a mixtrack pro and have noticed at times it seems to clip some freq even in a recording i was wondering if this is a problem on the sound card in my computer or a problem with the soundcard with the decks.... and are ther ne "fixes" if its a weak card in the decks

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 3:12 pm
@Fett, just hit the Scratch button and turn the jog wheel.

Huey

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 5:17 pm
@Fett, just hit the Scratch button and turn the jog wheel.

Huey

This is a very slow search also. For the brief second I used tracktor the jog wheels scanned through the song very fast. Is that not possible with virtual DJ?

Thanks for the help

Posted Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 8:53 pm
64%