Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 52

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

alex745PRO InfinityMember since 2009
To the moderator: I am appalled at the accusation of me, a registered forum user, trying to "illegally" obtain a product. My question could've been simply answered without the accusation. As for me, when I purchase a product, such as my RMX, I like to get accustomed to using the software that comes with it, before making the judgement to upgrade to a better or pro version, a simple solution for me would be to return my mixtrack for the mixtrack pro with vdj le, and use that until I am ready to upgrade to vdj pro, as I will NOT be bullied, badgered, or pressured into upgrading.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 8:41 am
Above, you ask "Where can I get the vdj le disc from? Can someone post a link?", which implies that you are trying to obtain/download software which you are not currently entitled to (Your unit came with Traktor, not VirtualDJ. VirtualDJ LE (And Traktor LE also) are not available separately - They are included (Bundled) with specific hardware only.)

Checking http://www.numark.com/mixtrack it does appear that in North/South America it should now be shipped with VirtualDJ LE.

If it was not, then either you have purchased an older unit (Manufactured prior to VirtualDJ LE being included), an imported unit from overseas or Numark have simply made a mistake (Please contact Numark support via http://www.numark.com if you believe this is the case.)

Assuming that you have not registered the Traktor LE, your best course of action would be to return the MixTrack back to the store for replacement with either a MixTrack with VirtualDJ LE (If available) or a MixTrack Pro with VirtualDJ LE.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 11:31 am
Thank you again for your speedy response, and again, your implication was incorrect. I thought I was entitled to vdj le because I am a north american consumer, what you stated above in terms of my console totally makes sense. In my case, the most logical solution to my issue is to upgrade to vdj pro, so that I can use my console with vdj. I just dont like being falsely accused of attempting something shady, when in fact I am and will continue to be a fan and supporter of vdj.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 11 @ 12:06 pm
ive just got the numark mixtrack pro and vdj le and its all showing up and everything but vdj keeps telling me the controller isnt plugged in but my computer says it is and when i open traktor pro it says its plugged in and set up but it dosnt control anything (pushing buttons and moving faders does nothing on the screen).
i talked to a guy at numark and he thinks something is useing the midi drivers on my laptop and is there for getting in the way of my controller, any ideas of what this might be?
my laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6 2112a and im running Windows 7 64 bit

Posted Fri 04 Mar 11 @ 11:17 am
I'd just like to sarcastically thank Numark and VirtualDJ for paying closer attention to repeat posts, then helping me with my problem. There is no Numark Rep help of any kind, and certainly have not gotten any from the veterans floating around on the forums.

Looks like I will be trading up favoured software for Traktor, simply out of a lack of customer care. Seeing as how the Kontrol S4 is only $100 then the Mixdeck, somebody really needs to step up on your end. Just a vent from a unsatisfied customer for you to think about.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 10:09 pm
@Munnels, im not a Numrak Rep and sorry you feel neglected could you post a picture of your sound setup screen? Ill do what I can to help you out. The Mixdeck with VDJ is a super combo!! Give us one more shoot, lol!

Hope to hear from you soon
Huey

Posted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 10:08 am

Posted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 12:49 pm
@juiced86.
Are you using windows 7 64bit OS. If so have you tried downloading the 64bit drivers off the numark website for the soundcard?

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 12:57 pm
Numark V 7

Hello VDJ friends,

I've got a question!
when I start the track (press play) with my V7 and leave the finger on the vinyl, the track begins to run at 1 second and stops until then!
then I just tested with itch, then it works fine! So press play, finder on the vinyl and the song will not leave the same!

what is this?

firmware currently
VDJ pro 7.0.3
mac osx

many thanks to DJ D-RoCk

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 6:09 am
You need to download and install reg tools and set your start delay to "0"

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 5:13 pm
Can you help me, I have been useing the hercules rmx with vdj 6 for a long time and i enjoy it but today i bought a ndx 800 and i was wonder if you could help me by telling me how i could set it up including the vdj configuration the outputs and inputs i have to plug the source i have to use and the audio setup i must have, ive seen pepole do something similar so its not impossible becuase the hercules rmx has 2 inputs oh and i would also like to disable one of the decks on my rmx so i could use it as the ndx 800's (preffebly the 3-4 channal) thank you very much if you could help me.

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 8:49 pm
where can I find this tool?

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 1:42 am
djyoungprodigy wrote :
Can you help me, I have been useing the hercules rmx with vdj 6 for a long time and i enjoy it but today i bought a ndx 800

VirtualDJ v6 is an out of date version of the software. Please upgrade to the latest VirtualDJ v7.0.3: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html / http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Both RMX and the NDX-800 are fully supported as MIDI controllers in the latest version.

You can use the sound card in the RMX for your master ouput and headphones. In VirtualDJ v7 you could control all 4 decks with this setup (E.g: Decks 1&2 with the RMX and 3&4 with 2x NDX-800's.)

If you wish to also use audio CD's, then you can plug the NDX-800's into the line inputs on the back of the RMX. You will need to choose Inputs: Line INs in VirtualDJ v7 when using this setup. Please also ensure that the RMX mapping is up to date for the SOURCE button to work correctly (Go to CONFIG -> Mappers, choose the RMX in the drop-down list and click the reset to factory settings button at the bottom-left of the Mappers dialogue box.)

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 8:08 am

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 8:08 am
Appreciate all of the answers that I recieved in regards to the Mixtrack. I traded in the original Mixtrack and DJ IO for the pro version, Guitar Center was really good about it in terms of price matching, I purchased the Mixtrack Pro as well as the 2 year service plan for the original price of the Mixtrack Pro. I started fiddling around with it, so far, I like the touch sensitive jogwheels, huge selling point for me. One question, because there aren't any gain controls on the console, When I upgrade to the VDJ Pro, will I be able to assign another button on the console to control the gain? My RMX has individual gain controls on the console which makes it easy to use. I really dont like having to control the gain of an individual track using a mouse or trackpad. also, will there be a skin released for the mixtrack pro? Any help with this matter would be appreciated.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 3:19 pm
In the full Pro, you can remap any knob or button to any function of your own choice.

For basic mapping instructions, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4149/VDJscript_Mapping.html

If VirtualDJ LE for Numark MixTrack Pro came with a custom skin for the MixTrack, then you can still use this with the full Pro.

NOTE: The custom LE skin is not available separately.

With the full Pro, you can use any skin of your own choice. You don't have to use one that looks like the controller.

Posted Sat 12 Mar 11 @ 1:33 pm
Thanks for the speedy response, much appreciated.

Posted Sun 13 Mar 11 @ 12:41 pm
cnxcnPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have a Numark Mixtrack Pro with the bundled VDJ LE which I am testing out the Pro version for 20 days or so. I am new to mixing. I am trying to learn to beatmatch electronic dance music (4/4 beat) by feel alone without using the sync button or watching the display on the screen of how well the beats are lining up. I can get it so close, but the beats still fall apart really fast. Only when I "give up" I look up at the display and i see that the BPM readings are off slightly, for example one track will be at 138.00 and the other one (from feel alone and not watching) i might have gotten it to something like 138.06... at this point, I am watching the screen and I want to see if I can get that second track down to exactly 138.00 so I adjust the slider down a little bit... but then it'll go down directly to 137.98 or something. How much do these values match up? I've tried lining up the beats at both of these speeds (137.98 and 138.06 to the 138.00) but they seem to drift apart faster than 32 bars (desired transition range). Should I completely ignore the BPM readings? Are they inaccurate? Is it that the Mixtrack Pro is too low-end of hardware to give more precise control in VDJ?

Posted Fri 18 Mar 11 @ 4:25 pm
I purchased a Numark Mixdeck last week and it would not work as a MIDI. I have installed the driver CD and also the Virtual DJ disc that came with it and it has not worked.

I already did the configuration of the ASIO Soundcard and Mixdeck was recognized and still a no go.

Is there anything I am missing in the process? If I select the Source the lights turn off and does not do anything as soon as I switch to MIDI

Posted Sat 19 Mar 11 @ 9:47 am

Posted Sat 19 Mar 11 @ 1:58 pm
62%