Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 50

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Thx a lot :o)

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 5:30 am
Any news on the VIRTUAL VINYL sound card getting updated for VDJ7? I noticed that the 64bit drivers are in beta testing, any news on more than 2 deck support?

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 11:50 am
Not sure about the drivers but the way Numark (I called them) explained it to me was that VDJ7 has basically surpassed the hardware. Its outdated in so many words. They couldn't do a firmware update because it would more trouble then its worth. The creator of VDJ also explained this in a thread when I was throwing a fit about it, lol! Ill try to find it. As far as more then 2 decks goes, you can use 3. Just run the third out of the Sampler outs on the box. Which sucks cause you lose your sampler channel............. I would recommend getting a new box. Don't get me wrong its a great box but its time has come.

Hope that helps
Huey

P.S. Maybe a Teamer can confirm my statement .............

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 12:18 pm
cstoll wrote :
Super- wrote :
- Asio config: 256 samples - 6.8ms/37.8ms

- Options tab -> Jog Sensitivity 250%

Performance tab
- Presets -> fastest
- Latency -> auto
- Scratch -> optimize for: latency

Ok, sorry ... cross-eyed in my reading I guess :(

But, 250% seems a bit high ... hmmm ... don't have to have it that high for the one I have. But, I will agree that the platters on the unit are a bit tight.

@Chris what are your settings for the Mixdeck? I have to have mine around 250 aswell and even then its not the best.

Thanks for the time
Huey

Posted Sat 12 Feb 11 @ 4:17 pm
@ CStoll...just a quick one about Ring Patterns on the NDX800's...

I have mine set to get_rotation, but the rotation is in the wrong direction (anti-clockwise)...is there a fix you know of to make the led rotation go clockwise?

Are the Ring Patterns / Beat LEDS configured the same as you mention above?

Simon

Posted Sat 12 Feb 11 @ 6:02 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ianmelville wrote :
Any news on the VIRTUAL VINYL sound card getting updated for VDJ7? I noticed that the 64bit drivers are in beta testing, any news on more than 2 deck support?

Hello there is a constraint with the number of physical inputs the box was designed to compliment the software as it was at the time.

Posted Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 4:35 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
rodrigozvolta wrote :

My notebook is an Acer (new computer) with Intel i3, 3GB RAM, 320GB, Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything is configured to work with DJing and anything else. Wireless networking, Bluetooth and other devices I do not use are disabled.

Update your BIOS, allot of iseries chips went out with USB management bugs.

Posted Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 4:38 pm
Answered my own question on the ring patterns for the NDX...

To make the jog ring leds rotate the correct way (clockwise), I have to use the following action: "get rotation & param_invert"

Still can't get the screens to display the artist and title though...

The current mapping action for TEXT is "get artist-title"...but I get nothing on the LCD screens....anyone have any ideas?

Posted Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 6:22 pm
Thanks all on the answers about the VV Sound Card. Time to get a new one I think!

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 9:48 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@Simon Bailey --- You might want to look at your firmware and make sure it is the latest -- http://www.numark.com/ndx800

You should not have these type of issues with the latest firmware.

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 4:23 pm
@ CStoll...I already had 028 FW running, but I downloaded the FW update from Numark just now, updated the NDX's and no change.

So I'm running the latest FW (NCX2_028) and VDJ 7.0.2 Pro (b347).

Generally speaking I'm happy with the NDX's...and the artist-title issue isn't really that big a deal...but I'm not sure I would go for Numark CDJ's again...Mine live an easy, well cared for life and well within 12 months of owning them, I'm already starting to see problems (such as one of PLAY buttons has started to become un-responsive).

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 6:44 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Did you at one time download the definition/mapper that was available in the download area?

If so, go to the Documents\VirtualDJ\Device folder and move the NDX definition file to your desktop - then try again. Prior to the new firmware there was a difference in the definition for the device, so maybe that is the cause?

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 7:00 pm
Chris can you please help me?? I cant figure out how to record with the Mixdeck when in midi mode. It picks up all my cues. It doesnt matter if I try from the "Record", "Booth" or "Master". Please any insight would be great!!

Huey

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 10:59 pm
Chris...You are correct, you sent me an NDX DEVICE file when we were trying to sort out some issues after version 7 was released. I have since bought a new laptop (i5 Dell) and this is the computer I use for version 7 and the NDX's. The DEVICE file you sent over is not on the new laptop.

Simon

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 3:36 am
If I get the numark dj2go (as it will fit at the top of my mixer, in the mixer case) could I copy the mapper from the LE disk and place them into VDJ 7. Would this work or would I have to map the dj2go myself?

Ian

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 10:35 am
Ian...the DJ2GO mapping is already in Version 7.0.2 (b347), so it should be just plug and play

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 11:40 am
Thanks Si thought I would check first.

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 11:54 am
hi everyone
i'm new for the VDJ, and i have DMC2 Numark controller, my question is how do i use the DMC2 w/VDJ 6 / 7?? do i ned to get a external soundcard or something else, and how to setup is good to run VDFJ to play music & Video ??
many thanks
Rick
(P.S. no CD Player or turntable, only can use DMC2)

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 10:41 am
The DMC-2 is natively supported in the latest VirtualDJ Pro: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Or if the DMC-2 is new and included Numark CueLE software, you can use that. CueLE can be upgraded to the full VirtualDJ Pro at a discount.

The DMC-2 has no built-in sound card, so you will need a DJ sound card such as Numark DJIO to be able to connect it up to an external DJ mixer, or to be able to headphone pre-listen if you will be using it stand-alone (No mixer.)

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 1:28 pm
hi
thanks for the reply
should i just buy DJ I/o or Ego Systems Gigaport HD, which is better and easier for me can go w/DMC2 to different work place
thankyou
Rick

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 1:36 pm
60%