Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 48

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VDJ pro basic doesn't support MIDI or HID controllers, you need to get pro full

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 1:24 pm
I recently bought a Numark Mixtrack Pro and VDJ Pro and also registered my products here.
I'm having a problem with the "select effect" knob on the right deck (deck B). The same knob on the left deck, Deck A works fine.
I think there's either a bug in VDJ or a glitch in the Mixtrack Pro.
When selecting through effects on the right knob, it does all kinds of things, the playing song on either of the decks jumps to one of the cues, cues are deleted and/or new cues are added. The "delete hotcue" button activates and cues are added and deleted on both decks as the song jumps to the different cues. This always affects the playing song, even if the playing song is on deck A.

This problem seems to occur more often if you turn the select effect knob fast, if you're really gentle when turning it, you're sometimes more lucky.

I really love my two new products, both VDJ Pro and the Mixtrack Pro, but this is such a mess. I don't even dare to change effects on the right deck because it might ruin my whole mix.

I really hope this is a software issue since I bought the Mixtrack from eBay (new though and not used).
Am I entitled to any kind of warranty?

I just want my products to work properly.

I'm on a MacBook Pro using Snow Leopard 10.6.5.

Thank you very much
Best Regards

Posted Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 6:20 am
I'm gonna be running virtual dj on my ns7 for the video funtionality, what do I need to send out video to the clubs monitors?

Posted Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 7:17 pm
I've been using ITCH for a couple of weeks now and I can assure you that it doesn't suck for the following reasons:

- It works right out of the box. i.e. I didn't have to spend 12 hours configuring settings, tweaking, changing permissions, adjusting latency, mapping buttons and most of all.... I didn't have to spend countless hours on the forum asking how to get it to work.

- The sound quality is excellent even with master tempo engaged

- The search engine doesn't require me to remember the exact spelling of tracks; I can enter in partial words and still find the song I want

- Changes I make within ITCH are written to the ID3 tags

- Has MONO output if your DJ mixer of choice doesn't!!!!

- ITCH comes free with the hardware

I am a working DJ and spin 2-4 nights a week and I can't afford to sit around with my fingers crossed hoping that the V7's will eventually work with with VDJ without having to shell out $3000 for a turbocharged top of the line MacBook Pro. I could sit around and wait while my V7's collect dust... or I could use ITCH which performs great. I may not be able to use Netsearch, use a custom skin or have filter folders etc. but at least I can now spin and have the music sound great (and have my controllers perform the way they should).

duuuuuude, i hear ya loud and clear.. i absolutely love VDJ, but have V7's and an X5. They do not pair very well , but like u said they work seamlessly with itch. i dont think i will have the patients to get vdj to work as well as itch, so until the x7 comes out and i hear how others respond i think ill be with serato. kinda sux seeing ive been w vdj for years w video and karaoke but how much is time worth$$. take care

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 11:33 pm
we have a numark ns7efx coming next week is it possible to use it with numark cue
any mapping need to be down loaded

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 11:49 pm
kanedHome userMember since 2011
I have the Numark DJ IO and I downloaded the Virtual DJ Home to try it out, when I play a tune is very slow and the sound distorted, I have a very good laptop so that is not the problem. I downloaded a free trial of Tractor and works fine but I want to be able to use Virtual. Ane ideas ? Thanks

Posted Tue 11 Jan 11 @ 1:25 pm
DjInk3dHome userMember since 2010
Hi there, Im about to purchase the Numark DJ Battle Pack but right now my main concern is what do I need or what can I do to make this system work with my Laptop using the VDJ program ?? Or should I just buy the Numark M1 USB DJ Mixer instead, would it be easier for this setup ??

Posted Tue 11 Jan 11 @ 3:29 pm
jbart19PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I havea mixtrack pro and recently upgraded from the vdj LE that came with it to VDJ Pro 7. there is now no sound coming out of the headphone jack for my cue. What is the proper configuration to be able to output the cue to the front headphone jack and use outputs 1 & 2 on the back for seperate amplifiers.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 6:06 pm
hey i am new here, I just got my Numarkmix deck today and i am unable to connect it to my pc, The cd i got w/ it keep giving me splash message saying connect USB audio interface and i already have it hooked uip, and afer a lit bit it times out....please help!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 4:04 pm
Hey I Have A Numark Mixdeck, I Want To Connect It With My Virtual Dj, I Was Told I Can Use Vdj 7 or Vdj 6.1.2, However When I Try To Connect Both Only The Crossfaders Work, The Jog Wheels Doesnt Work, So In Other Words I Dont Have Controls Over My Vdj From The Mix Deck, Pleaseee Help Me, heres my email *****@*****.com

[Sorry, E-mail addresses and other contact details are not permitted from unlicensed users.]

Posted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 5:00 pm
Hi i got numark vinyl turntables but there not usb will i be ale to use them on my laptop and how do i set them up

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 2:43 pm
With VirtualDJ Pro http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html you can use them with timecode vinyl to control VirtualDJ.

A suitable ASIO sound card with atleast 4 inputs and 4 outputs, such as Hercules DJ Trim, Native Instruments Audio 4 or 8 DJ or ESI Maya44 USB.

NOTE: The sound card in USB vinyl turntables is not suitable - This is intended for 'ripping' vinyl to MP3 only, not DJ performance. A proper dedicated low latency ASIO sound card is required for timecode vinyl use.

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 3:41 pm
will this work wif virtual dj home package the free version cheerz

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 3:46 pm
No, VirtualDJ Home FREE does not support external control by timecode or MIDI controllers.

It for mixing using your mouse and keyboard only and is for non-commercial (Unpaid) use only.

If you wish to use timecode or MIDI controllers, you will need the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 1:13 pm
Hey there.
Came here from a youtube video I watched where someone hooked up a mixer(external) to control virtual DJ. No timecode vinyl or anything. Just mixer. Was wondering if I can do this with your Numark m1 product. If so, can you tell me what cords I will be needing and how to connect them ;D.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 6:56 pm
If the mixer was actually controlling VirtualDJ (So that on-screen controls moved, could start/stop song playback, etc.) then they had a MIDI capable mixer that they mapped to control the software (Or even possibly one that is natively supported - See http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html )

For this, you need a MIDI capable mixer and VirtualDJ Pro: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - Numark M1 is not MIDI capable and cannot control the software in any way.

However, with VirtualDJ Basic or Pro, by using the built-in USB sound cards in the mixer, you can manipulate the volume, EQ, gain, etc. of the sound coming from each deck just as you would with any other audio source such as normal CD's and vinyl.

NOTE: Home FREE does not support separate deck outputs for use with an external DJ audio mixer and it does not support MIDI controllers. VirtualDJ Basic supports separate deck outputs to an external DJ audio mixer, but does not support MIDI controllers.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 7:25 pm

Having massive problems using icdx on the new version of cue

Yesterday, I grabbed the update for cue (7.0) and loaded/scanned my new tracks before going off to a gig. I use 2x icdx and a dxm100 usb mixer.
I plugged everything in and , it didn't work. So, I opened the config menu to see if I'd left the remote control set to my onmi controller which I use sometimes.
I saw all this new stuff.. timecodes, line in and out, mics booths, god knows what... none of these worked with my icdx. The best I managed was to have both players common (i.e. , they controlled the same deck on the software). I tried using an advanced setup and creating my own list of in and out.. but that doesn't work. If I choose "line in" and "external mixer" then it says "my asio driver doesn't have enough channels".
Tbh this annoyed my a lot. I was at a gig and had no idea numark software would crash with numark equipment. It left my customers without sound for about half an hour and even when it worked it was not good. Gains were low and i could only use one deck at a time.
What is going on?

Posted Sat 22 Jan 11 @ 7:20 am
Hello! i'm new to the vdj equipment. I have the vdj-pro, the i-cue, dj-io. I can't seem to set up my dj -io soundcard to my i-cue and my PA system. can any-1 help?

HEY GOT TO SET YOUR SOUND SETTINGS IN YOUR CONFIGURATION

Posted Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 12:11 pm
djtriple9 wrote :

I have no lag at all. There is a setting that will affect what is called the replay lag time that fixed the paused response when you start to play, is that the issue you are having or is it constant?

The lag is constant and the response is at best sluggish.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 8:56 pm
sounds like a horsepower issue to me. What is your entire setup? (processor, bus speed RAM, etc.?) What else are you runnig with it? I run V7's with an Akai LPD8 and am often on Facebook and MSN and things run pretty well. I'm on a unibody Mac with 2.66Ghz proc and 4GB in Ram running bootcamp win7.

Posted Mon 24 Jan 11 @ 1:25 pm
58%