Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 47

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SEANTAJPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Problem getting deck function when using Universal DJ.

I have the Numark Universal Deck and Virtual DJ. At Times I have problems getting the deck to connect with Virtual DJ. Even when I go to Config and its says connected i have no physical function and the music is playing through.

Posted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 2:07 pm
Hey ! I'm new to the forum but here is my issues, I have a dmc2 that i'm trying to map to toggle between decks. I copied and past a format posted on this site and achieve the ability to togle but I can not use the deck 1,3 leftcross or 2,4 right to control the output sound. I would like to use the 4 decks with the dmc2 .I do not use the video and audio mix buttons because the dmc in connected to my c3usb therefore the video left would be great for assigning deck 1 audio left deck 3 and vise versa.

Posted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 7:16 pm
I have numark virtual vinyl, since I have had it for some reason I need to unplug it so it can be recognized before opening Virtual DJ, is there anyway to fix this by updating the drivers for the VV sound card. Also there is a problem with the connection between VV and VDJ dropping out intermittently, this was not an issue when I upgraded from VDJ 6 to 7 until about two weeks ago, now it drops out after playing about two tracks and the only way to get it to read again is to go to the config menu and hit apply. so far I have replaced my timecode's (Numark for Serato) and styluses, checked for any grounding problems, checked with real vinyl when bypassing timecode in VDJ so im pretty sure the turntables are fine... also I have reinstalled VDJ and played with the timecode configuration to get the best settings the last thing to do is update the drivers... unfortunately I cannot find them on the numark website could you guide me to them or make another suggestion... Im running windows 7 32 bit on an asus laptop not sure of the specs but it's powerful enough so that shouldn't be the issue.

Cheers

Andrew

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 9:11 am
I just purchased the IDJ3 and registered with Virtual DJ, I am trying to register the serial number that came with software and I replies that it is not a valid serial number, should I be looking at a different number?

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 12:04 pm
takabron wrote :
The only solution I found is using one laptop for vdj for plaiying video and getting a second laptop which I use with itch which is awesome by the way, perfect replacement for the sl1200's.

takabron wrote :
takabron wrote :
Is there any way to reduce lag when using v7 + vdj 7?

I connected my new v7s to my VDJ 7; The v7 response feels much llike the Technics SLB10 back in 1978 where yoiu had about 1/4 of a sec response delay iwhen you adjusted the pitch.

So in short: it feels like the v7's have rubberbands instead of Direct drive

I installled and uninstalled Asio drivers; numark drivers; adjusted USB buffer; asio buffers and even uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled it back and still I got the same delay.

Hardware:
Dell E510/5150
Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz 820 Smithfield dual core
4 GB ram
X300 256mb video card
Win XP 32bit Media Edition fully updated to sp3, .net framework 4.0 etc.
300gb sata HD

Since no one answered I am very dissapointed because I spent good money thinking they were the answer to replacing my good old Technichs turntables. No I will have to get rid of them loosing money in the process. What a waste.

I have no lag at all. There is a setting that will affect what is called the replay lag time that fixed the paused response when you start to play, is that the issue you are having or is it constant?

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 3:07 pm
Can someone from Numark drop me a PM regarding the MIDI Map for the Mixmeister controller - more specifically some of the LED notes that I haven't got.

I spoke to Numark UK and the nice girl said that she would email me the MIDI map for the controller, but alas nothing has been received. I'd like to finish off the mapping for this controller.

Cheers

Simon

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 4:46 am
Hello there, I am looking at the MixDeck but I am also considering moving over to Windows7. My questions is, "Are there drivers for Windows7 when it comes to the MixDeck?". I haven't seen anything so I thought id ask.

Thanks for the time
Huey

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 7:53 am
Yeah scratch my last post I found em. It pays to check the website, duh!! Lol!

Huey

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 10:23 am
Ok im back, lol!! I've searched but couldn't find the answer. On the Mixdeck there are those screens when in midi mode will my track names show up on that screen?? Not that it matters cause my laptops right there but I was just wondering.

Thanks for the time
Huey

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 12:30 pm
I am wondering if it is possible to control four decks in Virtual DJ using two V7s and a four-channel mixer. It looks like Numark instructs you to connect the two V7s via network cable, and connect ONLY the master V7 to the computer via USB. Then, you would only be able to control two decks at a time (master outputs come out of only one V7, not both).

They warn users not to connect two V7s to the same computer via USB, which seems like the only plausible way to operate four decks with two V7s.

Am I missing something? Doesn't it seem bizarre that you can control two decks with one V7, but not four decks with two V7s?

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 8:38 pm
Another question regarding the Mixdeck, when using it with timecodes do you still get to use the decks MIDI functions ??? Also an answer for the other question aswell please
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Ok im back, lol!! I've searched but couldn't find the answer. On the Mixdeck there are those screens when in midi mode will my track names show up on that screen?? Not that it matters cause my laptops right there but I was just wondering.

Thanks for the time
Huey

Thnaks for the time and info
Huey

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 6:32 am
Ok so you can't use timecodes and midi functions at the same time, bummer!! Could a firmware update fix this?? And what about the display??

Anyone...........
Huey

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 7:35 am
Unless the device has a special hybrid mode like the Denon DN-S1200 and DN-S3700, then you cannot use both MIDI and timecode at the same time on the same device.

With timecode you will not get song names on the displays and will only have control over VirtualDJ's song playback (No control of effects, file browsing, custom mapping, etc.)

However, you can use timecode on separate device(s) (E.g: 2x Pioneer CDJ) alongside one or more MIDI controllers if you wish.

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 9:16 am
Understood. Thanks for the time and info!!

Huey

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 10:08 am
I Have VDJ7 pro an Numark IDJ3 when ii play in house i can hear my mic but when i go to broadcast my stream i get music but no voice thru my stream and also how do i get headphone to cue from left to right A-cue/B-cue

Posted Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 5:48 am
i got the numark mixdeck and i set everything up on my laptop.the mixdeck panel says the controller is detected but when i open VDJ LE ab error message pops up that says the controller cant be detected and to plug it in. I can't open vdj to change settings so i am stuck.

Posted Sat 01 Jan 11 @ 8:05 pm
2 questions

1 I just got a pair of v7's and I also have a Hercules RMX. I am using a DDM4000 for external mixing (i know it has midi but I want to use it as an external mixer so I can use the on board effects and sampler). Is there any way to configure the sound outputs so that each deck has its own channel? (either 2 decks per v7 or 1 per v7 and 2 for the rmx sound card)

2 How do you map the v7 so that it stays in vinyl mode and does not stop responding to the vinyl for a few seconds when you press pause?

Thanks

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 11:41 pm
ok i just purchased my idj3 and installed all the software it camre with. Once you open software and hook up usb nothing works the lights come on but only the keylock on both and a cue and b cue and none of the other lights come on,and nothing works at all,not with ipod or with pc. Ive been searching all over the net trying to find an answer!! Anybody got any ideas on what could be causing this and or what i can do thank you

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 12:39 am
MoultzLE userMember since 2010
On MIXTRACK PRO do you have to have the fully licensed version of Virtual DJ to use headphones for mixing?

I'm currently mixing in a way where i have to know my tunes then match up the beats rather than being able to see if a tune goes with another tune and timing a point to drop it using headphones.

CHEERS

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 3:50 am
Hello,
I have a Numark Mixtrack and tried to use the Traktor LE that came with it. It didn't work so I contacted their tech support, they told me to download the free demo and it was the same thing. it finally worked but only for 30 mins. So then I used my home edition of Virtual DJ and it said it didn't work with the controller but the Pro version would. So I bought Virtual Dj 7 Pro basic because all it read was that I needed Virtual Dj Pro and it still reads that it would only work for 10 mins. My question is that would it (Mixtrack) only work with Virtual Dj Pro full or is Pro basic enough and if it is then what can I do to make it work?

Bruno.

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 12:58 pm
56%