Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 44

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

NO help?

Posted Sat 20 Nov 10 @ 3:16 am
I am using the idj3 and the vdj software that came included, but when I have my headphones plugged into the mixer I cannot hear the tracks being played to cue them. In addition to that I have rca cables going out from my mixer into my home theater receiver so that way the music can play through those speakers but it doesnt work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted Sat 20 Nov 10 @ 9:59 pm
swissbobo wrote :
NO help?

What i believe is happening is a VDJ issue and that means we will have to wait for more people to complain before we see an update, this is definitely a software or driver issue, which means we are just screwed out of 1,200$ bucks. I have also complained directly to Numark on this issue but it will do no good till more people complain, as we are dealing with new technology we will have to wait for an update and it's been my experience that we could be waiting as long as 3 months for more drivers and updates, BTW on my home PC hooking up both V7 players and VDJ yeilds an incredible 60% CPU usage, Now get this i have a new I7 processor, the absolute best in PC's right now, this is definetely a driver/software issue..

Posted Sun 21 Nov 10 @ 3:44 am
Warwick_St wrote :
I'm a bit of a newbie to all this. I've just bought myself a Numark DJ io soundcard but as I have the home edition of virtual dj I'm having problems properly setting it up because it won't let me do advanced settings. Is there a way of doing this without spending out on another version of Virtual DJ when I don't have much money or know how into DJing I will get?

Virtual DJ home edition will not support soundcards, if you want it to work then you must purchase the full software, since you say you don't have much money you are just going to have to save up..

Posted Sun 21 Nov 10 @ 3:56 am
Can anyone tell me which time coded vinyl i need to use with the follwoing setup

Virtual DJ
Hercules RMX Controller
2 Numark turntables?

Do i have to sue Serato or Numark Virtual vinyl and where can i buy it?

Thanks

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 2:42 am
Hello,

I bought Numark Mixtrack Pro, I installed VDJ LE included, plugged in the controller, PC recognized it properly (winXP), started VDJ but software stopped saying "controller not detected". I tried several times to re-install the software both from the CD and from the VDJ download section but nothing changed.

I tried the controller on a Mac (sadly not mine) and everything worked smoothly.

Any clue??? PLEASE HELP!!

Posted Thu 25 Nov 10 @ 7:39 am
CAN YOU RUN 2 DMC-2 AT THE SAME TIME IN VDJ7 ONE FOR EACH PAIR OF DECKS WHEN RUNNING 4 DECKS

Posted Thu 25 Nov 10 @ 8:55 pm
Running VDJ7Pro under Win7 on Samsung N150+ with Numark DJIO WDM2.9.13 driver. Sound coming only in pops, deck display very jerky. Tried all latency options but they make no difference. Re-installed driver from scratch - no change. Tried to install WDM2.8.9 from my XP, but that failed (not surprisingly) as did the 64 bit version. Even the ASIO config screen is jerky, like there is a serious mis-match between driver and DJIO. Tried other USB ports, still no change.

Swapped the Samsung N150+ for a Toshiba NB250 also with Windows-7, and exactly the same problem with the DJIO as the Samsung. Its pointing to a problem with the Numark Win-7 drivers.

(Note: Also discovered the Samsung has a generic problem with very poor stereo separation on its sound card making VDJ PFL function using left and right channels impossible.)

Richard

Posted Fri 26 Nov 10 @ 2:41 am
Hi can you help write a Numark Mixtrack controller definition file for virtual DJ 6.0.1 pro.
Thank you

Posted Fri 26 Nov 10 @ 7:52 am
There is no need and this would be a waste of time - It is fully natively supported in VirtualDJ Pro v7: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

You can also try it out before purchasing for 10 minutes in VirtualDJ Home FREE: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

NOTE: After 10 minutes, Home FREE will revert back to mouse and keyboard control only until you next restart the software.

VirtualDJ v6.0.1 is an old and out-of-date version of the software and there have been many changes and improvements to the software since then. We are now on VirtualDJ v7.0.1

Posted Fri 26 Nov 10 @ 9:00 am
I have Numark DMC2 and would like to make the (back beat) button on each side switch the controller between deck 1&3 and 2&4 is this possible and can someone help

Posted Fri 26 Nov 10 @ 12:35 pm

Posted Fri 26 Nov 10 @ 2:36 pm
jshpro2Home userMember since 2010
Trying to use with NS7 w/ Virtual DJ Home 7. There are a handful of issues preventing me from purchasing your intriguing software. You guys have made significant progress while Serato has failed to fix numerous bugs in their software - so your company has my full attention & respect. Although your software is a higher quality than Serato, NS7 support is kind of glitchy. A small # of these may be missing features rather than bugs, or just ways it differs from itch, if so let me know. Most are bugs in your midi mapping.

Headphone mode switch is half broken.
When setting to \'master\' If I touch the chan1/chan2 slider it reverts the headphone mode. This happens randomly even when I don\'t touch it. As a result, if I am doing something with the cross fader I can\'t hear it on my headphone.

Headphone chan1/chan2 slider not working right.
When sliding it really close to chan1, I hear more of chan 1 and less of chan2, as expected. However when I get really close the audio starts popping, messes up completely & goes silent even. SO I have to put it 90% towards Chan1, If I go all the way over I get extreme audio issues.

Meter:
It just differs from itch when on \'master\' mode, this maybe works for some situations, but is bad for others (like listening to the \'master\' on the headphone). It can show no signal, or total clipping depending on where I position the \'master level\' knob. However even if that is at its lowest position, I may be clipping on the headphone. In other words I do not want that to be Dependant on the actual master level knob.

Loops.
- Loop mode does not illuminate like it does with Serato. In manual loop mode, pressing \'1\' for 1 beat also lights up the \'FX on\' on that side of the NS7FX.

- Loop on/off button totally non-functional

- If I grab a 1 beat autoloop, and half it, I can\'t exit the loop. (see prev issue)

- In manual loop, can\'t edit loops.

NS7FX
- Totally non-functional as far as I can tell. Fx on actually grabs a 1 beat loop. FX param knob halfs or doubles the loop length. I would expect it to be controlling FX related functionality, not looping.... Looking at it\'s mapping it looks like I may not be in the right \"mode\"? What are the modes, or why isn\'t it working?

action_deck 1 ? var_equal \"modeA\" 0 ? loop : var_equal \"modeA\" 1 ? var_equal \"FX\" 0 ? deck 1 effect active : deck 1 sampler play_stop : var_equal \"modeA\" 2 ? deck 2 effect active : var_equal \"modeA\" 3 ? video_fx : nothing : var_equal \"modeB\" 0 ? loop : var_equal \"modeB\" 1 ? deck 1 effect active : var_equal \"modeB\" 2 ? var_equal \"FX\" 0 ? deck 2 effect active : deck 2 sampler play_stop : var_equal \"modeB\" 3 ? video_fx : nothing

Platter:
Rotation speed doesn\'t respond to pitch slider

The beat counter display doesn't work. The LEDs above the EQ are supposed to "go towards" whichever deck is fastest. Instead the left most or right most LED is always constantly lit, regardless of pitch.

When I move headphone slider from chan1 to chan2, that's when the beat counter LED's move, totally wrong behavior.

Sync/Play buttons
- They work really well but the LEDs tweak out really bad.

Posted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 12:14 pm
Does Cue 7.0.1 have better support/mapping then VDJ 7.0.1 for Numark controllers, or its pretty much the same?

If you dont know, dont answer. Im looking for either Simon or some one on the VDJ team to answer since they would know.

Thanks.

Posted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 12:36 pm
Simon confirmed they are the same, via email last night.

Guys headphone cue-ing sort of works now, popping noise is gone but Chan1/Chan2 randomly sometimes monitors the master, switching to 'master mode' sometimes monitors the chan1/chan2 mode, other times switching the headphone mode puts my headphone monitor into hamster style (reverses it).

Suddenly the volume faders aren't working right (they were before). Bringing to 0% reflects the 0% position on the screen, but not in the mix. In the mix it only brought the audio to 50% (still playing). After gaining it down I was able to silence the track.

Posted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 12:58 pm
Now headphone cue-ing stopped working, and faders are working again. I'm using the same settings each time. Inputs = none, outputs = headphones, sound card = asio (NS7 USB AUDIO) 512 samples under ASIO config

Posted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 4:06 pm
I also get the problem some users reported in another thread where it randomly produces sounds as if I am dragging my hand on the platter, it slows down or drags the sound randomly. My platters do not physically drag.

Posted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 5:40 pm
I recently bought the Numark DJ IO and can't seem to get it configured for two sound cards in Virtual DJ 7.o (b342). Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

My computer specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
AMD Phenom II x3 2.8GHz (Overclocked to 3.4GHz)
4gigs RAM
80gig Intel SSD Drive

I want to start using a Laptop or Mac mini so the USB Audio out is essential, but I need to be able to run 2 separate channels and cue on both.

Please help.

Posted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 8:43 pm
I was able to make some progress, it does work, although you must "work around" a large hanful of "buggy" or undocumented behavior. See my video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qMt7isOHA

I'm still convinced there are bugs when switching headphone mode to 'master'. I can work around it for now :-)

Posted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 10:30 pm
slw7920Home userMember since 2010
Will the Numark M6USB mixer be compatible with VDJ?

Posted Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 9:49 am
53%