Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 43

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I was thinking about getting the Numark M6. Will it work with mixing the videos in Virtual DJ 7

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 1:53 pm
Hi, if i purchase the numark ndx200 complete setup could i hook it up to virtual dj and use it as a controller e.g. scratch, raise/lower bpm, etc.? Thanks

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 11:38 pm
Numark NDX-200 is not a MIDI controller and cannot control VirtualDJ directly.

If you are looking for a MIDI controller then you will need Numark NDX-800.

The only way that a NDX-200 can control VirtualDJ is via timecode CD http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/cd.html - For this, you will need a suitable 4-in/4-out ASIO sound card such as Hercules DJ Trim.

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 12:24 pm
What about the Numark M6 Mixer. Will it work with virtual dj and mixing the videos. Crossfader specifically?

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 2:38 pm
No, it is not MIDI capable - It is a standard DJ audio mixer with a built-in USB sound card for playback/recording. As far as I can tell, it is only a single channel too, so no separate decks using the built-in sound card.

If you wish to be able to video crossfade, you will need a MIDI capable mixer such as Pioneer DJM-700/800, or an all-in-one DJ MIDI controller such as Hercules DJ Console, etc.

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 2:58 pm
I just got a Mixdeck as a gift. I am having a really difficult time getting it to work correctly.

1) I am getting really bad choppy sound coming out of all of the outputs. I am connecting RCAs from an output on the Mixdeck to my speaker inputs and the sound is really bad and really choppy. I am getting the same quality from the master, booth, and recording outputs. I am also getting the same quality sound (really bad) on my headphones when I switch from CH1/2 to master.

2) The crossfader does not work. I hear both decks playing no matter where the crossfader is positioned (sound quality is really bad and choppy).

Please Help!!

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 11:36 pm
takabron wrote :
Is there any way to reduce lag when using v7 + vdj 7?

I connected my new v7s to my VDJ 7; The v7 response feels much llike the Technics SLB10 back in 1978 where yoiu had about 1/4 of a sec response delay iwhen you adjusted the pitch.

So in short: it feels like the v7's have rubberbands instead of Direct drive

I installled and uninstalled Asio drivers; numark drivers; adjusted USB buffer; asio buffers and even uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled it back and still I got the same delay.

Hardware:
Dell E510/5150
Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz 820 Smithfield dual core
4 GB ram
X300 256mb video card
Win XP 32bit Media Edition fully updated to sp3, .net framework 4.0 etc.
300gb sata HD

Since no one answered I am very dissapointed because I spent good money thinking they were the answer to replacing my good old Technichs turntables. No I will have to get rid of them loosing money in the process. What a waste.

Posted Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 10:14 am
I'm a bit of a newbie to all this. I've just bought myself a Numark DJ io soundcard but as I have the home edition of virtual dj I'm having problems properly setting it up because it won't let me do advanced settings. Is there a way of doing this without spending out on another version of Virtual DJ when I don't have much money or know how into DJing I will get?

Posted Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 3:19 pm
djk-taPRO InfinityMember since 2009
can you guys mack the leds in platter to light up but all tree of them like wwhen you use cds

Posted Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 10:32 pm
I just got a Mixdeck as a gift. I am having a really difficult time getting it to work correctly.

1) I am getting really bad choppy sound coming out of all of the outputs. I am connecting RCAs from an output on the Mixdeck to my speaker inputs and the sound is really bad and really choppy. I am getting the same quality from the master, booth, and recording outputs. I am also getting the same quality sound (really bad) on my headphones when I switch from CH1/2 to master.

2) The crossfader does not work. I hear both decks playing no matter where the crossfader is positioned (sound quality is really bad and choppy).

Please Help!!

Its been a few days and no one has any suggestions?? I cant be the the only person that has had this prooblem.

If I remember correctly I used the unit for about 5 minutes and it worked fine. I then updated the firmware to the latest and that is when the crossfader stopped working and when the sound quality turned horrible.

I have tried reloading the latest firmware many times and still not working correctly.

Any suggestions?

Posted Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 6:29 pm
Hi there,

I have Numark Stealth controler and VDJ Pro ver 6.0.7.

I am trying to map certain buttons of the controller to my liking. For some reason, I cannot get the "KEY" button of each Deck to display Elapsed and Remaining time respectivelly.

I have tried different variations of display_time command:

display_time 'elapsed,total,remain'
deck 1 display_time +1
deck 2 display_time +1
display_time "remain"

...and so on.

I have tried other keys (BEATLOCK) with these commands.
I have reverted back to default skin just to see if it solves the issue.
Nothing works. I just cannot get a button to toggle through Elapsed-Remain time display...

Please help,
Thanks

Posted Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 11:02 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
where do you want the time to be displayed? Numark Stealth has no digital display, so the only way is to be displayed on screen. To be displayed on screen and toggle between these times, the skin must support such a function.
Usually skins use textzones to display times, so you will have to modify one of them.
For further assistance please open a thread at the Skins Forum.

Posted Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 11:24 am
dandadHome userMember since 2009
Hi I have a numark omni mapped with vdj 6.0 I recently upgrade to vdj 7.0. As I finished upgrade I copied and pasted the omni mapper to the mappers directory and at once it seemed like the mappers from the 6.0 didn't work with the 7.0 none off the omni bottons were working how it normally worked with the 6.0. So I mapped it manually to best of my abillity it worked for a wile and when I was out plaayin at one of my gigs in a club I weeled the right weel and the computer crashed. I then went home to try out once more to see if it would happen again it continued so I uninstalled and reinstalled 6.0 and everything worked perfectly to my likings. Why don't the omni mappers from the 6.0 work with the 7.0? Why does it crashed when I spin right weel only real fast? Why can't I get the cool new upgrade like everyone else? My computer is a compaq 350 gig hd 3 gig ram vista os run real good never had a prob. Please help me. TANX U.

Posted Mon 15 Nov 10 @ 5:35 pm
I've waited a whole week and the support hasn't even replyed, what a joke!!!!!!!!

Posted Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 3:22 am
Help my numark v7 is not working fine on vdj version 7 everytime its just behaving anyhow song can fast at anytime can slow at anytime will be doing like scratching at anytime help pls

sometimes it works fine but everytime i load a new song the current song plays like am scratching baby scratch

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 11:52 am
I have puchased the numark V7 players and my computer output is roughly 20% by just turning them on, if i use vdj7 it spikes to 50-90% CPU, what is the reason for this, it makes it nearly unuseable. specs: toshiba core2duo and 4gig'o'ram on Windows7 64bit, could the V7's Drivers really be using that much resource?
BTW normal operation sits at 01% and VDJ7 alone only pushes to 8%, to me that means that YOUR drivers are eating up too much CPU, there has got to be a fix for this issue, i spent too much money to have these kind of results!!!

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 2:10 am
hi guys, can any one help??
i have virtual DJ pro 7 installed.... and am about to the Numark DJ In A Box V6 package but am not sure if they will work together. am not even sure if the Numark DJ In A Box V6 package is meant for laptop Dj... am a beginner so the qs might sound stupid but id appreciate any help. thanks

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 5:24 am
Is the V7 supported by Virtual DJ or Cue 7.0? I am thinking of buying the unit but may hold off if not supported by VDJ.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 2:59 pm
cadmeister wrote :
I have puchased the numark V7 players and my computer output is roughly 20% by just turning them on, if i use vdj7 it spikes to 50-90% CPU, what is the reason for this, it makes it nearly unuseable. specs: toshiba core2duo and 4gig'o'ram on Windows7 64bit, could the V7's Drivers really be using that much resource?
BTW normal operation sits at 01% and VDJ7 alone only pushes to 8%, to me that means that YOUR drivers are eating up too much CPU, there has got to be a fix for this issue, i spent too much money to have these kind of results!!!

WE have exactly same problem same with mine am using dell studio 1555 4 gig ram and my pc usage is 10 to 15% but if i start to use vdj its 90% and then 100% then song start to give bad sounds like sctratching or moving to fast for a secs or 5 secs sometimes it plays fine but when i load a new track it starts again.

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 4:01 pm
djjammaster wrote :
Is the V7 supported by Virtual DJ or Cue 7.0? I am thinking of buying the unit but may hold off if not supported by VDJ.

Its is supported but i think you have to have a very strong pc or macbook pro am using a dell and am having some troubles everyother thing works fine i am using two units of the v7. it works fine with itch software but some problem with vdj i dont know

Posted Fri 19 Nov 10 @ 4:21 pm
52%