Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 41

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

kidoggPRO InfinityMember since 2010
In= none
Out= External Mixer
Sound Card= ASIO Driver Mixdeck ASIO Driver

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:08 pm
kidoggPRO InfinityMember since 2010
got it, I didn't see the advance feature.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 8:48 pm
hi will the Virtual Vinly box work for 4 deck setup in vdj 7?

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 4:45 am
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
kidogg wrote :
VDJ 7 & Numark MixDeck? Only get sound from Decks 1&2. How can I get sound for Decks 3&4?

Each deck has a number. when you start playing each deck you have to selet with the mouse on the deck number.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 9:13 am
Could i use my VV soundcard and my DJ IO at the same time to a 4ch mixer to get 4 decks?

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 10:23 am
mp3jrick wrote :
Please post your Numark questions for support here to reduce the numbers of threads and consolodate the answers so users can find them.

If you could check here for answers before proceeding to eservice to fill out tickets it would help us help you all.

Does the nsfx is working with virtual dj 7 ?

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 12:09 pm
AEYSTPRO InfinityMember since 2009
A few issues I've noticed with VD7 and the NS7. These occur in both Mono and Stereo configuration.

The headphone fader Channel switches sides or plays on both channels.

The mic & aux input does not work properly. The audio is metalic & garbled sounding. The microphone gain indication on the skin does not respond to a change on the NS7.

W7 x64, i7 950, 12GB, NS7 firmware 1.0.3(k1) after Numark_X64_2.9.13 driver installed.

I am using the advanced config ;

Master - Speakers(Numark NS7audio -wdm 2.9.13) Output 1 & 2

Microphone - Line In (Numark NS7 Audio -WDM 2.9.13) Input 1 & 2

Headphone - (NS7 USB Audio Device (ASIO) Output 3 & 4)

The headphone issue seems to be associated with a midi configuration. The LED headphone position indication on the NS7 only responds at the extremes. The software indication of gain and position is correct at all times.

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 1:29 pm
I am now running VDJ7 (yes!) and have a Numark Total Control controller. I have the 4 decks 1440X900 skin selected and the default mapping for my controller. I would like to be able to select around the four decks.

Right now, the default for my PFL button midi Action is "Select" and I can hit the left and right button of my controller and it selects Deck 1 and Deck 2 respectively. I am trying to map the Key button of my controller so it selects Deck 3 and 4 respectively but cannot get the mapping Action correct.

Would you be able to suggest the correct action to allow me to hit the Key button of my controller on the left to select deck 3, Key button on the right to select deck 4?

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 9:04 pm
does the numark mixtrack work with the vdj7 HOME version?
is it already mapped out?

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 12:19 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
pnadakicks wrote :
does the numark mixtrack work with the vdj7 HOME version?
is it already mapped out?

Yes but the home edition can only use a controller for 10 minutes as a preview.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 7:51 am
AEYST wrote :
A few issues I've noticed with VD7 and the NS7. These occur in both Mono and Stereo configuration.

The headphone fader Channel switches sides or plays on both channels.

The mic & aux input does not work properly. The audio is metalic & garbled sounding. The microphone gain indication on the skin does not respond to a change on the NS7.

W7 x64, i7 950, 12GB, NS7 firmware 1.0.3(k1) after Numark_X64_2.9.13 driver installed.

I am using the advanced config ;

Master - Speakers(Numark NS7audio -wdm 2.9.13) Output 1 & 2

Microphone - Line In (Numark NS7 Audio -WDM 2.9.13) Input 1 & 2

Headphone - (NS7 USB Audio Device (ASIO) Output 3 & 4)

The headphone issue seems to be associated with a midi configuration. The LED headphone position indication on the NS7 only responds at the extremes. The software indication of gain and position is correct at all times.

I'm having the same issues! I just going to use the Version 6 until this bugs are fix.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 8:44 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please read this thread - http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/135687/Hardware_Technical_Support/Numark_NS7_is_all_kinds_of_wacky_with_VDJ7_%28not_in_a_good_way%29.html

And the screen shot is the way you should setup the NS7. No reason to use Advance Config unless you need to add more capabilities from other hardware.

And you might need to do the following --

DJ Cyder wrote :
djjochi wrote :

I try the new Virtual dj 7 tonite in club and the problem that I encounter was, that when I try to switch the headphone channel on the ns7, the music on the music on could only be hear on one deck and is not the channel that I shooce.

I sort of forgot about this, do you have auto headphones turned off? Mine is set on load and it works well this way, You need to go into the mappers tab and put this in the headphone mix

var '$headphone_mode' ? headphone_crossfader : headphone_mix & deckselect

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 8:55 am
djmt99PRO InfinityMember since 2006
It's been a while since I've both 1) been here and 2) played with VDJ and the NS7. I've searched the forums here for some answers and either found nothing, or too much. Rather than sort through 421 bagillion pages of data, hopefully this will work. I'm running a MBP with Bootcamp/XP. [MBP 10.6.4, 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB]

1) Playback: I notice that as soon as I start a track, it will start playing, EVEN WHILE holding the vinyl to prevent play. It takes a few seconds to bring the track back to the beginning. The platter spins as it should, so there's just a vinyl control issue here.

2) Scratching: I notice a good amount of drifting, even after tweaking latency settings. Are there suggested optimum settings? I saw the thread ("How to make your NS7 work flawlessly" or something, but the first post wasn't THAT relative to actual settings)

3) Sound Card: In another thread, I noticed an "ASIO" setting in the sound card. I do not have this. Is it something relative to Win/MAC machines, or XP/Vista/W7 OS's?

4) Firmware: I upgraded to Itch 1.7, but ran into the known CPU/audio drop-out issue so reverted back to 1.5. Is NS7 firmware incorporated into the software upgrades, or is there a separate process for this? There wasn't much info on the Numark NS7 page. I only ask to make sure the equipment is up-to-date.

Posted Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 11:56 pm
I'm having and issues with virtual dj 7 and the NS7 and will like to know if anybody a figure out some of the issues. One of the issues that I'm having isf with the headphones when I'm changing from one channel to another. Rigth now I just when back to use virtual dj 6, but I really will like to take advantage of the four decks. Pleasde if any one can help!

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 4:10 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Man - why not stay in one thread and actually read the threads?

You have posted the same question and gotten answers in almost every thread where you posted. If you look three posts up from this one you will see your answer to your own question that you posted in a totally different thread.

Posted Sat 16 Oct 10 @ 4:47 pm
first ..sorry for my englsih... ists not the best

following questions:

when comes drivers 64 bit for virtual vinyl that WORK ?? the beta dosent work at vista / win 7 both 64 bit :(

thats very bad service from numark (i know this is the VDJ Forum, but in the German Forum they told me. that here the people of numark look in)

and next..

when comes virtual vinyl 7 ???

best wishes

Thomas

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 8:59 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
good-sound.de wrote :
first ..sorry for my englsih... ists not the best

following questions:

when comes drivers 64 bit for virtual vinyl that WORK ?? the beta dosent work at vista / win 7 both 64 bit :(

thats very bad service from numark (i know this is the VDJ Forum, but in the German Forum they told me. that here the people of numark look in)

and next..

when comes virtual vinyl 7 ???

best wishes

Thomas

Hello, I would recommend contacting our German support team.
Unfortunately as I cannot speak German I stick to the the English forum personally.
What issue are you having? The update is currently uploading to the website.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 1:42 pm
Hi ,
many thanks for information !!! 1000 Thanks

the driver problem is , that windows says >> this driver is not for this system ,cause i extra selcted the beta 64 bit driver.

now i use (hope not for a long time ) win 32 system .

the steps how i make it :

Virtual Box >> USB
Then Driver mannually try to install

Hope u understand me.

ps. The German Suport are not really "crakz" , but the help best they can do, so they send me to this forum :)

Many Greetz from Germany (Schalke 04 )

Thomas

Posted Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 2:03 pm
Hey everyone!! I'm supposed to be getting my new Omni controller in the mail VERY soon!! I'm just wondering what the best way is to map "playlist_add" to it would be? I guess I could just use the mouse but I want to try it with a controller. :) My previous DAC-2 had this option. I just wanted some input on how I could map this. :) Thanks everyone!! Can't wait to play with the Omni!!!

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 12:25 am
Good day mates, im in a bit of a bind...and before i posted here, i did hours upon hours of research to help my problem with no luck so here goes.

I Just bought a new Laptop, Dell Studio XPS 1645 running windows 7 64 bit. upgrading from a Dell Inspiron E1505 running windows XP. I had been using my Numark total control for about 2 years now, and everything had been fine, until i moved everything to my new computer.

It seems i have tried everything to get the NTC to work with the new computer, and my guess is that its a problem with windows 7 64bit. I dont know if its just not compatible with it or what, but it just doesnt work. Of course, i have done all the obvious troubleshooting, and still no luck. I know how to use the NTC so its nothing new to me on how to set it up properly and so on. Any idea what i have to do?

Btw, i know the computer detects the NTC, but it doesnt light up or even control any software i use with it.

thanks alot in advance for your assistance.

Posted Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 11:36 pm
49%