Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 35

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

FLUXXDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Dhoude, what ACWdj is saying is true. It is about speed to a point. But an i5, i7 chip is going to run more efficiently than an duo core pentium with a higher processor speed. Because the architecture of the actual chip is different. The i series chips are bad ass. Like he was saying, your problem probably was with another part of the system. The body is only as strong as the weakest ppoint. But I am glad you got a fix. Set your master tempo to fast. Set your scratch setting to quality,enhanced alogorithm, scratch filter size to 11, filter smooth. Interpolation basic. And ofcourse the latency set to auto. The latency can only be adjusted in the ns7 usb windows under sound setup. These are my basic settings for my ns7.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 10:21 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
DHoude, I'm glad you got it working . But Speed in Processor aren't used any more because there are many other things involved, that's why Intel has Processor numbers. Celeron or Pentium may not work even at 3GHz, But it's good to know you got it working in Core i5 650. I want to tell TO EVERYONE who reads this thread that Core i7 works, just need to check the Intel model number.

Any Core i5 650 or better or any Core i7 860 or better would work GREAT (or 820QM for laptop). Stay away of UM processors (low power in ultra-thin computers). Core i7 820 is good, less than that could cause problems (like you have with maybe Core i7 620UM).

There are more involved that just the speed, If anyone have questions, could get specific information on Support.

http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

It is important to keep it clear, some computer configurations can cause problems while others that seem similar to another, wont work.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 10:35 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I see your point, I assumed most people were on Core 2 or better.

Numark also commented on processor cache, with 3 meg + being the prefered.

The Sony Vaio laptop that I had and returned, had the i7-740QM 1.73ghz (Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz.) in it. With 6 meg cache and 6 gig ram. Not sure why it was such a pig.

Posted Mon 26 Jul 10 @ 6:21 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Some VAIO laptops have a bad USB design and could cause usb problems. almost all VAIOs also have a energy saving feature that may not be good for performance settings. If you were using a Toshiba with Core i7 820QM you would have this NS7 running. But hey, you get rid of this with a better and cheaper solution. I prefer also Core i5 650 with Intel HD graphics and would work very very good.

Now we know this VAIO may not work too.

Posted Mon 26 Jul 10 @ 5:26 pm
Out of the now 5 total PCs, that Vaio behaved the worst, by allot. It would play fine and then static that would not stop until I rebooted VDJ.

My Old 32 bit XP desktop (2ghz core 2 duo, 2 gig ram) is the best (practically unstopable) with a very close second to this new Asus desktop.

The gaming 32 bit XP (2.2ghz core 2 duo, 3 gig ram) desktop was just no better than my old machine but I guess no worse either. I borrowed it from a friend and formatted a blank drive I had, so it was a clean restore.

My HP 32 bit Vista (2.3ghz core 2 duo, 2 gig ram) laptop works well. But you never know when the audio drop is going to hit (6 hours or 3 songs) or how hard as it has just stopped, like the controler just rebooted itself (keylock unchecking itself and all). Unreliable, so not useable.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 9:19 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
We do not recommend Sony Vaios they are designed for home entertainment use and not professional purposes.
We have found that HP Elite books or Toshiba Satellite Pro's offer a good performance.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 2:06 pm
Thanks man, I wish the guy on the phone was that helpful. I grilled him 4 times for a recomendation and he just said "meet the minimum specs".

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 8:14 pm
DHoude wrote :
Thanks man, I wish the guy on the phone was that helpful. I grilled him 4 times for a recomendation and he just said "meet the minimum specs".

Sorry to hear that I am from the development camp, its hard for us to provide an exact list of machines which work perfectly.
We can recommend specifications however computer manufacturers can cut corners on construction and parts. I recommend sticking to the pro level computers. Off the shelf computers in big box stores are often a problem I have found its worth finding a good pro machine.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 8:49 pm
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
It just seems like Numark made the V7's to work great with Itch and made it to work not-so-great with other DJ software. Maybe they did this so people would lean more towards Itch, I don't know.

ITCH PROGRAM SUCKS. PEOPLE JUST NEED TO BE PATIENT AND WAIT FOR OTHERS PROGRAM TO GET THE RIGTH DEFINITION FOR THE HARDWARE!

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 1:42 am
I've been using ITCH for a couple of weeks now and I can assure you that it doesn't suck for the following reasons:

- It works right out of the box. i.e. I didn't have to spend 12 hours configuring settings, tweaking, changing permissions, adjusting latency, mapping buttons and most of all.... I didn't have to spend countless hours on the forum asking how to get it to work.

- The sound quality is excellent even with master tempo engaged

- The search engine doesn't require me to remember the exact spelling of tracks; I can enter in partial words and still find the song I want

- Changes I make within ITCH are written to the ID3 tags

- Has MONO output if your DJ mixer of choice doesn't!!!!

- ITCH comes free with the hardware

I am a working DJ and spin 2-4 nights a week and I can't afford to sit around with my fingers crossed hoping that the V7's will eventually work with with VDJ without having to shell out $3000 for a turbocharged top of the line MacBook Pro. I could sit around and wait while my V7's collect dust... or I could use ITCH which performs great. I may not be able to use Netsearch, use a custom skin or have filter folders etc. but at least I can now spin and have the music sound great (and have my controllers perform the way they should).

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 7:49 am
If I could do a few things like video, map some buttons and get a skin that has cue point count downs, I would use it. Until then....

Itch is not crap per say, but I really do feel held back with it. It just does not feel complete to me at all.

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 2:18 pm
FLUXXDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
I've been using ITCH for a couple of weeks now and I can assure you that it doesn't suck for the following reasons:

- It works right out of the box. i.e. I didn't have to spend 12 hours configuring settings, tweaking, changing permissions, adjusting latency, mapping buttons and most of all.... I didn't have to spend countless hours on the forum asking how to get it to work.

You do realize that your V7 has the ITCH logo on it , right? I would expect that it would work with the controller it was designed around or serato would be out of business, but thanx for stating the obvious. And yes VDj offers versatility for people who seek to program their controllers to their liking, not what serato has decided.

- The sound quality is excellent even with master tempo engaged
Serato's sound engine is pretty good

- The search engine doesn't require me to remember the exact spelling of tracks; I can enter in partial words and still find the song I want
The search and database completely stinks, you have to constantly update your crates so that you get all the track info bpm etc. As vdj will allow you to log directly into a folder and all the info is there. And I could be wrong, but the last time I used itch, it didnt compute the key of the track.
- Changes I make within ITCH are written to the ID3 tags
That must be a new feature too, because my crates info does not match the actual files stored else where on my computer. Those crates act like virtual folders. Please correct me if I am wrong. And there is a tool here at vdj to download if you would like to have your ID3 tag info permanently burned to your tracks.
- Has MONO output if your DJ mixer of choice doesn't!!!!
Well thats true to an extent but here in the 21st century most pro dj mixers support stereo sound.
- ITCH comes free with the hardware
HAHAHAHA If you think itch was free then you dont know much about the cost of electronic components and manufacturing of these devices in ASIA. I paid $1400.00 for my NS7. Its a frigan midi controller man, not a pioneer cdj 2000. Ypu paid for the ITCH software and all the fixes and upodates to come for the next few years buddy.

I am a working DJ and spin 2-4 nights a week and I can't afford to sit around with my fingers crossed hoping that the V7's will eventually work with with VDJ without having to shell out $3000 for a turbocharged top of the line MacBook Pro. I could sit around and wait while my V7's collect dust... or I could use ITCH which performs great. I may not be able to use Netsearch, use a custom skin or have filter folders etc. but at least I can now spin and have the music sound great (and have my controllers perform the way they should).
I dont doubt that you are one of the few that maybe ITCH is performing properly, but I read their forums too and it aint what you say, as I know from experience. I can scratch video with effects with no worry at my gigs with VDJ, but I do not trust itch to apply effects and scratch out at a paid gig, yet. Eventually they'll get their act together, and continue to update their software to be more like VDJ as they already have. I mean, all of us who have that ITCH logo paid for the software to work, it should at least do that. If ITCH truely worked that well I would use it in a heart beat, as my system is top notch for computer djing, but the truth is in the Serato forums. dont confuse complaints here from people who are able to use hundreds of controllers with vdj to just a few that are able to use the ITCH platform. I hope they get it together soon for all our sakes. But its quarter 3 and still no super ver 2.0 as rumored. By then vdj 7 will be out and have blown the doors off the competition. good day

So I guess what I'm trying to say is. If you got a particular problem or question that you need help with. Then this is the place. But please no Serato fan boying, save that for their forums where you'll get a better reception. Its kinda like going to McDonalds to eat and then complaining about how Burger King taste so much better.

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 10:30 pm
Trust me, I appreciated you trying to help me get VDJ up and running with the V7's but when other people tell me ITCH sucks it's my right to say that it doesn't. And for the record I never said VDJ sucked, I was simply stating the reasons ITCH doesn't suck... there's a difference.

In defense to your last response...

Yes I know the ITCH logo is on the V7 and that of course it should work with the software it was built around. I asked on this forum before I purchased the V7's if they worked with VDJ and was told "yes". What I should have been told was "yes, just not very well unless you have a MacBook that is double the specs of the recommended minimum".

ITCH does in fact read ID3 tags. It might not be automatic like VDJ but it's just a simple matter of scanning the tags of new tracks. And yes you can write to ID3 tags in VDJ but it's a complicated process, but with ITCH it can be done instantly and on the fly.

I have had three "pro" mixers in the last few years (Numark PPD 01, Audio Innovate AEM 100, Numark DXM Pro) and none of them have MONO switches which is typical for scratch mixers. And I can assure you they are mixers designed and built in the 21st century. You can't honestly tell me that MONO isn't a feature that would be both useful and easy to implement in VDJ.

The simple fact is that ITCH works with my setup and VDJ does not. Conversely maybe ITCH doesn't work with your setup and VDJ does. All I know is that people on this forum shouldn't be told that the V7's work with VDJ unless they have a Macbook running at 3.66 gHz.

And for the record, a certain other person (i.e. not you) who is notorious for being very cranky and condescending on this forum was flat out rude when I was trying to get VDJ up and running with the V7's when all I was doing was trying to get the units I just spent $2300 on to work.

I'm not perpetrating ITCH fanboyism but it's my right to say that ITCH doesn't suck and the reasons why.

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 8:22 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
I asked on this forum before I purchased the V7's if they worked with VDJ and was told "yes". What I should have been told was "yes, just not very well unless you have a MacBook that is double the specs of the recommended minimum".

Well you were not told that because that is not the case ... the demo video I did in the setup thread was using OSX 10.6.4 on a MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2008) with stock specs (4Gb Ram, 2.4Ghz - http://support.apple.com/kb/sp499 ) So, no you don't need a system with double the specs - but you need a system that is at least capable of handling what you are trying to do -- and per Numark the V7s are more intensive in processing and their specs (http://www.numark.com/v7) to run their hardware are greater than that to run VirtualDJ (http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html)

dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
I have had three "pro" mixers in the last few years (Numark PPD 01, Audio Innovate AEM 100, Numark DXM Pro) and none of them have MONO switches which is typical for scratch mixers. And I can assure you they are mixers designed and built in the 21st century. You can't honestly tell me that MONO isn't a feature that would be both useful and easy to implement in VDJ.

On list for development team.

dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
All I know is that people on this forum shouldn't be told that the V7's work with VDJ unless they have a Macbook running at 3.66 gHz.

Already explained above ...

dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
And for the record, a certain other person (i.e. not you) who is notorious for being very cranky and condescending on this forum was flat out rude when I was trying to get VDJ up and running with the V7's when all I was doing was trying to get the units

You are welcome ... but you were doing your own thing and not answering nor following the directions that were being provided. Can't fix things or give direction to those that end up doing it their own way. Sorry - you try it sometime, got kids - then you should know what I mean. Frustrating isn't it ???

dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
I'm not perpetrating ITCH fanboyism but it's my right to say that ITCH doesn't suck and the reasons why.

True, you are free to express your opinion - good or bad about other products and the comments made about this by FluxxDJ were out-of-line. You have been around here long enough to know that being a fanboy of anything and even using that term is not the nature of our forums.

FLUXXDJ wrote :
But please no Serato fan boying, save that for their forums where you'll get a better reception.

Dude, I know you are trying to be helpful - but that is the wrong attitude to project to fellow users. It doesn't matter if they have every DJ software out there - if they like one of those over VirtualDJ, then that is fine - but don't call them a 'fanboy' of the other software. It's just un-cool ....

So, dizzyrocks2001; when you are ready to discuss your setup again - please lets not take up the Numark thread - open a thread or ask your question in the setup thread I created and we can go through those settings again.

And FYI for others - if you don't own the equipment (no matter how much you think it is just like something you have) don't try and help users - you will only find out that what works for you will not in most cases work for the other person - because the hardware is not the same.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 9:11 am
Hi
Can you tell me if Numark plan to release Cue6.1 anytime soon?
If so can you confirm a release date?
Thanks

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 4:05 pm
Cue is currently in beta testing 6.1, we are awaiting the 6.1.1 update currently. Once this is tested we shall release 6.1.1 the near future.
Same for VV.

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 5:10 pm
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT I HAVE NO TYPE OF MAPPER FOR MY MIXTRACK I COMES WITH TRACKTOR BUT I DONT LIKE IT I RATHER USE VIRTUAL DJ 6.1 CAN SOME TRY AND SEND ME THE LINKS AND STUFF SO I CAN MAPP IT KEEP ME UPDATE GO! TEAM VIRTUAL DJ !

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 7:09 pm
Update to the latest version from your download center it is already supported.

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 10:11 pm
Okay so I recently purchased a ns7fx and I have been having a issue with the crossfader it is not that big of a deal unless I want to scratch and I only do that for fun sometimes so it isn't a big problem. The problem I've been having is lets say I have a song playing on deck A and and no song playing on deck B and the crossfader is all the way over on deck A if I bring it over all the way to deck B the sound keeps playing for about 3 seconds then cuts out. The weird part is it does not do this if I have a track playing on deck B and nothing is playing on deck A and the crossfader is all the way over at deck B and i move it all the way to deck A it cuts out instantly like it should. I really don't know why it is doing this it can't be latency because it would cut out after 3 seconds on both sides right? And also it does not do this in itch so I don't think it is the hardware either does anybody have an answer or could help me out.

Posted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 10:05 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please don't make 2 posts about the same thing ... look in the thread where you posted this question ... you have a reply.

Posted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 12:35 pm
42%