Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 34

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

hi i brout me the latest hardware from numark . its called mixtrack software controller .its a nice piece of hard ware but
the problem im having is .whell first of all its made to work with tracker le. but is also midi too.
know my problem with it when i midi mapp it to vdj i can mapp all the controls .but the fader button when i move it to the left on hardware it goes to the right on the vdj software? hmm and 2nd i mapped the touch sensitive wheels to touchwheel_touch .
yes it will stop the music when you touch it but thats it .it doesnt let you move the music to be able to scratch or pitchbend the music

know i got to wait till vdj comes up with a complet mapper for that hardware. if someone has one please let me know.

the good thing about the hardware it doesnt need drivers for it .lol

Posted Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 12:01 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Support for the Mixtrack is being added to the next version of the software.
I will ask if it can be uploaded to the mappers section in the mean time.

Posted Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 12:43 pm
Update:

I borrowed my brothers year and a half old MacBook and tried out VDJ with the V7's and the results were exactly the same. That being said though I looked at the specs for his MacBook and they are actually lower than my machine:

My machine: MacBook, 2.4gHz, 4 Gigs of RAM, Intel Core Duo 2
His machine: MacBook, 2 gHz, 2 gigs of RAM, Intel Core Duo 2

Although from what I know about the newer Macs even though the clock speed is slower they are supposed to be faster overall because of how the different components work together.

I guess trying to eliminate the possibility of it being the laptop is still unclear seeing as my brother's MacBook is about at par with mine. Still though, do I need a $2500 MacBook Pro running at 2.66 gHz in order for me to get this to work???

Or, when you asked me to try another MacBook was it because you wanted to eliminate the prospect of the settings of the computer being different rather than the overall power of the laptop?

Posted Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 8:48 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I called Numark yesterday because my new laptop is really no better than what I currently have. They really pushed for 2.4ghz processor or higher. The processor speed is the most important thing (from what they said). I actually got straight up static on most of the latency settings with this new laptop.

I have (had, after tonight) a Sony Vaio, Win 7 64 bit, 1.7ghz i7 and 6 gig ram and Numark tech support said that is still not good enough. I am not sure what proprietay "magic" is going on with Itch, but I feel your pain. For now, my new laptop is going back and I will just keep using my old XP 32 bit desktop. It is a pain to deal with, but there are no i7 processors over 1.8ghz in most Windows laptops (to the best of my knowledge). Numark would not make any other recomendations except "I need to meet the minimum specs", even though my new laptop should be better than the min specs.

So a 2.6ghz Mac may be the only option at this point. Untill then I will give up on videos, scratching and tricks (latency is to "laggy" at 512).

Posted Thu 22 Jul 10 @ 9:10 am
Thanks for the insight Dhoude. I guess for VDJ to mesh well with the V7's you need a way more powerful machine than usual. I'm glad I finally feel like I have found the problem. I ran VDJ with the Numark Virtual Vinyl sound card and timecode vinyls with no problems so I just assumed MIDI would be no different, I guess I was wrong. Oh well, it's unfortunate but at least now I can move on.

Posted Thu 22 Jul 10 @ 12:55 pm
Glad I could help bring some closure ;) Not sure how I feel, I would feel better if I did not need a new laptop. But, whatever, I am working quite well with my desktop and I will just have to live with the limits.

Posted Thu 22 Jul 10 @ 8:42 pm
One of my two icdxs is not recognized by windows when i connect the usb cable...the usb device is not recognized..I tried all ports and diferent cables..same happens on both laptops I own a Lenovo n200 3000 and Vaio vgn-ns11m running xp sp3..SOS

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 11:26 am
Added to the previous post....also firmware is updated.The problem came up a few hours after the update.Can I roll back to factory firmware?? If yes how..

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 2:15 pm
FLUXXDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
oooops

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 10:01 pm
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
Update:

I borrowed my brothers year and a half old MacBook and tried out VDJ with the V7's and the results were exactly the same. That being said though I looked at the specs for his MacBook and they are actually lower than my machine:

My machine: MacBook, 2.4gHz, 4 Gigs of RAM, Intel Core Duo 2
His machine: MacBook, 2 gHz, 2 gigs of RAM, Intel Core Duo 2

Although from what I know about the newer Macs even though the clock speed is slower they are supposed to be faster overall because of how the different components work together.

I guess trying to eliminate the possibility of it being the laptop is still unclear seeing as my brother's MacBook is about at par with mine. Still though, do I need a $2500 MacBook Pro running at 2.66 gHz in order for me to get this to work???

Or, when you asked me to try another MacBook was it because you wanted to eliminate the prospect of the settings of the computer being different rather than the overall power of the laptop?

Yes that was exactly what I was trying to eliminate. But please dont go throwing money at your problem quite yet. Can you search the forums for someone who has working V7 with MAC, I would really like to see you use VDJ 6.1.1 on a PC if possible to see if the problem still exist. Im not trying to blame the MAC just eliminate possibilities of corrupt setings.

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 10:10 pm
DJElite3 wrote :
FLUXXDJ wrote :
Hey djelite where did you come from? Hey buddy can you give some specifics so that we know what we are dealing with besides just the problem you are having buddy? This will help narrow it down as a million things could be the cause of your NS7 problem. At VDj we dont have problems, we have solutions. Lets get that NS7 pump'n baby.

Well my problem started out a long time ago... First I had problems with VDJ making it past the "Ininitializing external devices" screen. I left VDJ alone for awhile and waited for the update. Since I've updated my last problem prior was "error in the asio sound driver: not enough channels". Now I have no response. Not sure where to start to fix the problem.

Numark NS7, VDJ 6.1, HP G70-250-US, Pentium Dual Core T4200, Vista Premium 32-bit, 300GB, w/4GB RAM, 400GB Toshiba external drive,

Ok, double check your sound setup menu in VDJ and make sure that you have selected to use the NS7 usb device,input is set to none, and output is set to external mixer. Use a medium latency setting. If it still doesnt initialize the NS7 then you may not have installed the driver firmware package from the Numark website correctly and make sure you use the correct driver package for your OS. When installing the drivers for the NS7 you must first remove the old one. Follow the directions (readme file) that comes with the newest driver package from Numark, also make sure you have midi device checked off under the mappers submenu and click rescan for new devices just to make sure it is recognized, hope that works for you cheif, cya What kind of mixer are you using between the V7s?

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 10:15 pm
------>DHoude I find it extremely hard to believe that an i7 processor is incapable of handling the performance requirements of the V7s and VDj. That i7 is a bad ass chip. Get a second opinion bro.

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 10:48 pm
DJPUNCUE userMember since 2008
My virtal vinly interface is not working properly, where can I send it for service

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 11:00 pm
Could atomix please comment on this V7 issue as these guys seem to have more than the required hardware settings. If numark is telling these guys that an i7 chip is still not powerful enough because of the speed, thats just crazy. And no offense to Numark, but it is hit and miss on whether you get a tech that actually knows there stuff, that isnt reading off a script in front of them. Some of them wouldnt know a an i7 from a celeron, just numbers. Someon please help these guys enjoy their hard paid purchases!!

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 8:50 am
FLUXXDJ wrote :
------>DHoude I find it extremely hard to believe that an i7 processor is incapable of handling the performance requirements of the V7s and VDj. That i7 is a bad ass chip. Get a second opinion bro.

Take it up with Numark. That laptop blew when using the NS7 and VDJ. I found it hard to believe myself, that is why I paid $1400 it. This was no cheap Best Buy special. I just thought Numark just had not tested and published the new Intel processors.

It would play fine for a bit. Then it would just start to have light (digital sounding static). If I hit stop, the static would continue for a couple seconds as if there was a buffer. That was with 512 latency! I have an old XP desktop that can do 512 perfect, so there was no need to take a step back.

I tried allot of tweaks and setting changes before going all in and partitoning the hard drive, etc. I am good with computers, I work with them every day. Numark says and I believe, it won't work if the processor is below the 2.4ghz spec. Out of all the 4 PCs I have built, that is the only spec I have ever been low on (1.7ghz i7, 2.0 core 2 duo and 2.2 core 2 duo on a laptop and gaming desktop).

Going to get my new Asus destop with a Win 7 64 bit, 3.2ghz i5, 8 gig ram..... It meets or exceeds the specs of your PC, Numark and VDJ. So I am hoping it will be "flawless" like you say. If that doesn't play flawlessly at lower latencies, it is impossible to run the NS7 and VDJ "flawlessly" with current computer hardware. That said, I do know that I will have to set it up and I know that will take time and testing. But, hopfully I can start doing video again. I was only able to do video with my laptop because I only have 1 monitor and the laptop has a 2nd monitor out.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 11:18 am
PS. Guys, don't be fooled by the "Turbo Boost" spec. My i7 said it would do 2.9ghz in "Turbo Boost". Hooey if you ask me. Go by the base processor spec.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 11:27 am
It just seems like Numark made the V7's to work great with Itch and made it to work not-so-great with other DJ software. Maybe they did this so people would lean more towards Itch, I don't know.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 1:53 pm
Well fellas, verdict CONFIRMED!. My new Asus Desktop with an i5 3.2ghz runs my set up pretty well. It is ALLOT less money then the top end Mac (at $750 for the tower only) AND has dual monitor support built in!. Cant believe it! but I have been spinning for an hour now and seems real solid.

And the Latency is....... 256 - 7ms (in the NS7 control panel and with Keylock on). Uncheck safe mode and overclock and set everything toward latency (not quality). Not so impressive, but plenty fast to scratch into tracks, etc. For a guy how is an Audiophile, with a Krell and Vienna Acoustis system, the sound is dam near perfect.

So Dizzy, I hope this helps you because what they said about the processor is true (in my case any way with the NS7).

I am not sure about "making it not work well with other software..." they just plain consume allot of resources and when you design then to work together, you can do things to improve performance so that you product can work better on more systems.

VDJ is like Windows (don't shoot me, hear me out). Allot of people point fingers, but it is really icreadable how they both can work with so many different solutions. Take Mac for example, it works well and has a rep for stability because Apple does not let anybody else into the hardware side of things. Sure Intel is in there now, etc. But Mac and their OS were designed to work together (in very few different instances) just like the NS7 was designed for Itch. VDJ like Windows will work on just about anything. Sure there is some setup involved, that is required to be "universal".

Sure we can point fingers at Windows or VDJ for that matter. The moral of the story, they are both solid universal solutions that Millions+ have used for some time with no issue. There are anlways some issues that crop up when gettin a new set up. Loose a seiral port or S video port, ETC. Nobody said my NS7 would have such issuses with the NS7 and VDJ unless I went to a rediculous 3.2ghz processor. If they did, I would have budgeted the extra $$ before buying it or not dropped the $1700 on the NS&FX and road case. Some DJs were blessed because they could afford top end everything along with the $1700+ DJ gear. I was not, I figured it out the hard way.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 6:16 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hello,

Just want to point...

Core i7 works good and is fast enough to manage midi devices and multimedia tasks pretty well. The main thing around this isn't the processor speed at all, unless the drivers can't work in multithread environment. Currently is about what components do you use in your computer. Some new computers has a bad design (believe it or not) and have very poor performance in their USB available ports. This case applies to Macbook as well as Some Core i3 laptops around. Maybe this Core i7 computer you test before could be in this -no buy- list, but sure not all Core i7 are like this. I got a user with several problems now with ASUS computer because it seems has a defective design in it's FireWire port. So it's clear not all ASUS are good, as well as not all Core i7 are bad too.

Core i7 and Core i5 would work good, but also may need to check how your performance settings are. Max performance and zero energy saving is the way to go for USB ports, firewire, PCI bus, CPU and video card settings.

I'm glad you find a solution with Core i5, but really there are MANY Core i7 working computers with VirtualDJ and midi controllers now.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 7:10 pm
I think you missed my point as some of it was assumed. I was never claiming Asus or i5 was the fix. I was claiming exceeding the 2.4ghz min NS7 requirement (at 3.2ghz) was the fix. That is all. Clearly my i5 in this desktop PC is not an i7, so in that reguards, a step down and it works. Further proving Numark's and my point.

Processor speed is EVERYTHING with this controler.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 8:47 pm
41%