Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 32

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

FLUXXDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
---------->dawgfan Hey man, settings are gonna vary based on alot of factors like you current OS, hardware specs, PC or MAC. There is no one setting that will work for everyone. I too am an NS7 lover and I have a thread explaining how you too can have your NS7 work flawlessly for the very low price of $19.95 with VDJ. Just kidding lol! Check it out and I also have a complete break down of my settings in another thread titled "video mixxing" "2010 video card list" Feel free to PM me. My NS7 works flawlessly with VDJ, so let me know if I can help brother.

Posted Fri 09 Jul 10 @ 9:44 pm
Here is my question. I am told that there is an updated version of the Mixdeck that will now allow you to control the crossfader in Virtual DJ to do the video transitions. Is this true, because that is when I will buy one.

Posted Tue 13 Jul 10 @ 11:49 am
Please help! I just bought a pair of v7's and they work with Itch flawlessly. VDJ is another story. I followed the setup instructions posted in this forum and it worked at first except the audio was "warble-ee". Then I clicked "rescan for new devices" in the MIDI mapper window and now everything is all mucked up. The platters don't work and audio will only play when the motor is turned off. VDJ does not like the V7's whatsoever. Is anyone else having problems. I tried un-installing the drivers and VDJ too and then re-installed everything but the same thing happened. I'm really disappointed as I much prefer VDJ over Itch but VDJ is completely useless with the V7's. Please help!

Posted Fri 16 Jul 10 @ 4:41 am
---------)Dizzyrocks Hey man can you give more info like your OS, hardware specs, performance settings etc. Also buddy are you using the latet driver/firmware package from numark. Make sure that you are using the package that is matched exactly to your OS. Also make sure that your latency settings for the V7 are not set to hi. Make sure you are using the latest version of VDj pro. You might also need to D/L the V7 defintion file update located in the "tools" section or "controllers". Hang in there because VDj does work flawlessly with the V7. We just need to do some tweaking of your system and then you'll be jammin brother. As for Itch working flawlessly I find that hard to believe as I just finished testing out Itch 1.7 beta and it is far from flawless. And the same for the 1.5 version too. I have an NS7. The awesome thing about VDj is the functionality and the ability to modify the software to match your setup. Its just a matter of finding the right settings for you and your setup. C-ya

Posted Fri 16 Jul 10 @ 9:23 am
FLUXXDJ wrote :
---------)Dizzyrocks Hey man can you give more info like your OS, hardware specs, performance settings etc. Also buddy are you using the latet driver/firmware package from numark. Make sure that you are using the package that is matched exactly to your OS. Also make sure that your latency settings for the V7 are not set to hi. Make sure you are using the latest version of VDj pro. You might also need to D/L the V7 defintion file update located in the "tools" section or "controllers". Hang in there because VDj does work flawlessly with the V7. We just need to do some tweaking of your system and then you'll be jammin brother. As for Itch working flawlessly I find that hard to believe as I just finished testing out Itch 1.7 beta and it is far from flawless. And the same for the 1.5 version too. I have an NS7. The awesome thing about VDj is the functionality and the ability to modify the software to match your setup. Its just a matter of finding the right settings for you and your setup. C-ya

Thanks for your response FluxDJ. Here's all the deets you asked for:

Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Black MacBook, 2.4gHz, 4 Gigs RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo (64 bit)

I'm using the latest driver from Numark (v2.0.3)

VDJ Pro 6.1

I checked the controllers page and there isn't any definition files or mappers for the V7.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted Fri 16 Jul 10 @ 10:41 am
Correction on last post... when I was on the controllers page the category drop down menu wasn't set to "all"... I see the update for V7 now, gonna give it a shot.

Posted Fri 16 Jul 10 @ 10:48 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 16 Jul 10 @ 5:14 pm
Yes, I saw that post and I followed it word for word and it didn't work. Btw, I found the instruction "Install the first V7 (Left) - Run the driver install and follow the steps of the installer" a bit unclear. I think it meant turn on the first V7 and run the driver installer, but does the V7 have to be turned on and connected during this process, or does it matter?

Most of the features work but weird stuff happens like the platter on the right deck will start to spin when I hit play, or play backwards when I hit reverse but if I scratch the platter nothing happens, the song just continues to play. On the other deck the song will only play if the motor is turned off. When the platter is on the song will play for half a second and then stop, and it won't resume playing until I turn the platter off.

A couple of other things to mention... when I first installed the drivers and fired up the decks for the first time one deck was playing the track at about double speed (yet the platter spun normally), and the pitch slider had no effect. Also, even though I never pressed the Sync buttons on either deck they were flashing on and off randomly. I think this may have explained the "warble-ee" sound I described in a previous post because I bet because each deck was changing pitch only briefly to sync to the other deck but as soon as the sync flashed off by itself the deck would return to normal speed (i.e. it was if some one was moving the pitch slider like it was a crossfader).

I hope by explaining some of the symptoms in detail will help someone diagnose the problem. Maybe someone with a mapper on a working setup can take a screen shot so I can make sure all my mappers are correct. I tooled around with trying to change some of the mapper scripts and although I never got the results I wanted there still were some performance differences (i.e. I deleted the "Sync" mapper and the sync buttons stopped flashing on and off).

Posted Fri 16 Jul 10 @ 5:49 pm
does the numark ndx 800 work as a midi controller with Virtual Vinyl? i cant seem to get it to work. the cdj isnt being detected in midi mode

Posted Fri 16 Jul 10 @ 10:05 pm

Posted Sat 17 Jul 10 @ 11:48 am
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
Yes, I saw that post and I followed it word for word and it didn't work. Btw, I found the instruction "Install the first V7 (Left) - Run the driver install and follow the steps of the installer" a bit unclear. I think it meant turn on the first V7 and run the driver installer, but does the V7 have to be turned on and connected during this process, or does it matter?

No, it is written that way because you 'follow the instructions of the installer' which tells you when to turn on the unit.

dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
Most of the features work but weird stuff happens like the platter on the right deck will start to spin when I hit play, or play backwards when I hit reverse but if I scratch the platter nothing happens, the song just continues to play. On the other deck the song will only play if the motor is turned off. When the platter is on the song will play for half a second and then stop, and it won't resume playing until I turn the platter off.
Scratch problem - switch the deck assignments by swapping the units or using the switch deck options in the mapper section - does the problem follow? Then the vinyl disc on the unit is not installed correctly - reset the vinyl disc on the deck. Had this problem when I first setup both units and I didn't have the vinyl disc on correctly. As for the deck motor on/off issue - first I have heard of that - if you physical switch the units does the problem move with it ?

dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
A couple of other things to mention... when I first installed the drivers and fired up the decks for the first time one deck was playing the track at about double speed (yet the platter spun normally), and the pitch slider had no effect. Also, even though I never pressed the Sync buttons on either deck they were flashing on and off randomly. I think this may have explained the "warble-ee" sound I described in a previous post because I bet because each deck was changing pitch only briefly to sync to the other deck but as soon as the sync flashed off by itself the deck would return to normal speed (i.e. it was if some one was moving the pitch slider like it was a crossfader).
The reason you got the 'double' speed is because you had both units on the same deck (either A or B) and so both motors spin and sending data to the same deck - hence double the speed. And, don't just go deleting mappings it won't resolve the problem and you have now removed the ability to use the SYNC button - the Sync buttons flash because they are set to show the beat of the songs playing on the respective decks - they are not blinking because VirtualDJ is trying to sync the tracks. If you want to stop it - you can ADD the LED_SYNC key and set it to OFF.

dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
I hope by explaining some of the symptoms in detail will help someone diagnose the problem. Maybe someone with a mapper on a working setup can take a screen shot so I can make sure all my mappers are correct. I tooled around with trying to change some of the mapper scripts and although I never got the results I wanted there still were some performance differences (i.e. I deleted the "Sync" mapper and the sync buttons stopped flashing on and off).

The DEFAULT mapper that is distributed with ver6.1 is what I was using in that video I made showing the 2 units working. There is no reason to change the mapper to resolve a issue.

Posted Sat 17 Jul 10 @ 12:06 pm
Yeah, what Cstoll said is what I was gonna say..hahaha

Posted Sat 17 Jul 10 @ 1:24 pm
Thanks for the response Cstoll. Update... even though I followed your instructions item by item I was still experiencing the problem with the right deck spinning at double speed. I then realized that I needed to wait until VDJ started up before connecting the second deck (my bad). Now here's the thing, when I play a track with the platter motor on the sound sounds all "warble-ee" but scratching is bang-on accurate, then if I turn the platter off the song sounds normal, but here's the weird part... when I turn the platter motor back on the song still sounds normal BUT scratching is no longer accurate. So by turning the motor off and on again I gain sound quality but lose the ability to scratch accurately. Then if I load a new track the same thing happens; "warble-ee" sound, turn platter off and on again, no "warble-ee" sound but scratching sucks. I hope this is an easy fix because I feel like I'm almost at the finish line. Any thoughts?

Re: the definition file. I downloaded it and put it in the "Devices" folder, is that correct?

One other thing, the stop and start time knobs don't work.

Btw, I discovered if I messed with any of the mapper settings I can always hit the "restore to factory defaults" button.

Thanks again in advance.

Posted Sat 17 Jul 10 @ 2:36 pm
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
I then realized that I needed to wait until VDJ started up before connecting the second deck (my bad). .... Any thoughts?

Yes - what??? Don't tell me you are connecting the second deck via USB?

dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
Re: the definition file. I downloaded it and put it in the "Devices" folder, is that correct?

Correct.

dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
One other thing, the stop and start time knobs don't work.

Correct - there is not a 'built-in' ramp-up or ramp-down(break) effect to map these to. So, they currently are not mapped.

Posted Sat 17 Jul 10 @ 3:42 pm
No no, I didn't connect the 2nd deck via usb, just the link cable.

Any insight into the motor on / motor off situation? After a little searching I see the NS7 had the same problem as what I described (poor platter response etc.). And from what I gathered that problem didn't happen in an older version of VDJ but when people upgraded to 6.0.8 the problem appeared and hasn't been resolved with subsequent updates. If the problem is a known issue and due to be fixed then I can live with that, but if there is a mapper setting that can resolve the problem now I would love to know the solution. Thanks ;)

Posted Sat 17 Jul 10 @ 5:26 pm
------->Dizzyrocks Bro the platter issue was resolved, as my NS7 is living proof of that. I scratch as if I am on vinyl. I use scratching as the example because that is the real test for the platters. You wouldnt be able to tell the difference between my NS7 or real vinyl, unless you got some kind of bionic eardrum. hehe

Posted Sat 17 Jul 10 @ 7:47 pm
Hey Fluxx, is there any way you might be able to PM me the correct script for just the platter related mappers? That way I might be able to cross-reference the NS7's script with the V7's in order to narrow down the issue. I assume since the V7 is basically a chopped up NS7 the mappers for the platter must be the same.

Also, does the NS7's start-up and brake speed knobs work with the current NS7 mapper?

Posted Sat 17 Jul 10 @ 7:59 pm
There are NO Script changes and the Start/Stop knobs do not work as there are no mappings for them.

I wrote the mappings for the V7 and if there were 'different' options - I would have used them.

Change the driver's latency settings and see if that helps. As the latency setting may be to fast for your system and causing the issue you describe.

Posted Sat 17 Jul 10 @ 9:46 pm
------->Dizzyrocks Hey bro, yeah the start/stop knobs are unmapped. But you can apply mapping to them. I personally mapped the key change function to one of the knobs so that I can change the key of a track with the turn of a knob. you can do this in the mappers section of the config menu. Use the learn key/action buttons to apply the scripts automatically. Like taking candy from a baby. So easy, even a caveman can do it...peace

Posted Sat 17 Jul 10 @ 11:25 pm
cstoll wrote :
There are NO Script changes and the Start/Stop knobs do not work as there are no mappings for them.

I wrote the mappings for the V7 and if there were 'different' options - I would have used them.

Change the driver's latency settings and see if that helps. As the latency setting may be to fast for your system and causing the issue you describe.

Whoah, easy on the caps lol. Seeing as the platters work perfectly with Itch I thought that maybe there was something in the VDJ mapper I had missed. Try to appreciate my situation though, I just dropped almost $2300 for my pair of V7's only to find out they don't work with VDJ as they should. And I should add that before purchasing the units I asked in the forum if the V7s worked with VDJ and the answer was "yes". I sort of feel like I have a pair of $2300 paper weights as far as VDJ is concerned.

Seeing as the NS7 had the same problem but has since been resolved I don't think it's unreasonable for me to assume that the same fix would have been applied to the V7. I assumed wrong I guess. I'll take your advice and fiddle with the latency settings but it would seem odd to me that latency is the root of the problem seeing as the issue is related to toggling the platter motor off and on. I'd hate to say it but sometimes I feel like "adjust your latency" seems to be the blanket statement response to a lot of problems in this forum.

I know that Atomix is not obligated to make a mapper for the V7 seeing as it is not their product and that you making a mapper is totally voluntary, but I was so excited to use these units with what I feel is the best DJ software and I can't help but feel disappointed.

Thanks for your help and I'll let you know if I get the problem resolved.

Peace.

Posted Sun 18 Jul 10 @ 1:54 am
38%