Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 31

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Providing it is an ordinary button and not a physical toggle switch, then a simpler mapping is:

set '%hotcue_delete' while_pressed

If it is a toggle switch then what you asking is not possible.

NOTE: Please don't type in all capital letters - It is difficult to read and is considered shouting by most Internet users.

Posted Wed 16 Jun 10 @ 6:08 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
thanks jp boggis and everyone else so much

it workd just fine

JAMM

Posted Wed 16 Jun 10 @ 6:41 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
sorry about the caps guys

JAMM

Posted Wed 16 Jun 10 @ 6:42 pm
Hi there.
Having significant problems running timecode through my Hercules RMX- Just bought a Numark 200TT, using a Numark Groove Tool cartridge/stylus, second edition serato vinyl CV02.

My controller works beautifully until I hook up the turntable. Then, the turntable takes over and my controller stops working (a whole problem in itself, which I'll address some other time). When I go to config the timecode, I barely have a signal. The green circles are just a small green dot, when I crank up the gain all the way, it's smaller than a dime. Less than 10% at best, usually next to nothing.

Tried adding more weight, made it worse. Have it set to about 3.25 grams.

I'm getting a signal- it just sucks. Isa it possible that it's the cartridge? Any tips/tricks to set it up differently, should I try a new cartridge?
Any possibility that I should have a preamp between the turntable and the RMX? Seems like I shouldn't have to- and I've watched every video I can find and no one suggests it.

Would really appreciate some advice- I'm at a total loss and not sure what to try next. I only know I want to be playing around with my new turntable and I'm failing at setting it up.

Thank you!

Posted Wed 16 Jun 10 @ 8:39 pm
FLUXXDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thank you DJJAMM for that awesome idea on the delete button man. And also to boggis for the script. That funcion is way better than before, it was annoying having to toggle in and out of delete. Thanx again guys..

Posted Thu 17 Jun 10 @ 4:19 pm
FLUXXDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey everyone, I need help with a sound problem on my NS7.. For some reason the music will randomly stop on a deck and restart to the beginning of the track and start playing over again for no reason whatsoever. This happens randomly, I havent been able to put my finger on it, or recreate it consistently. It just happens. Thanx in advance for the help. All my drivers and software are the latest versions.

Posted Sat 19 Jun 10 @ 6:55 pm
KwikOnePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just purchased a Numark Stealth controller and I really like the feel of the device. The only concern that I have is the sensitivity of the dials. I feel that the controls are too sensitive, particularly the effects knobs, and would like to add some resistance to them. Does anyone know if there is a way to lessen the sensitivity of the knobs and wheels? I am running the most current version of VDJ and all of my drivers are current. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted Mon 21 Jun 10 @ 1:42 pm
alright so i recently bought Virtualdj Basic for my mixdeck. im using a Dell Inspiron 1545 PC and i have everything set up as it should be:
Inputs - None
Outputs - External Mixer Left deck: Chan1&2/Right deck: Chan3&4
Sound card - ASIO driver - Mixdeck ASIO driver
Ultra-latency checked

The mixer on my mixdeck in sync'd and works but for some reason niether CD Players work or control anything. Everything works fine in Traktor LE that it came with but VDJ is much better. Am i just making some kind of stupid setup mistake??? No one else seemed to have this problem so please help me out. Thanks

Posted Tue 22 Jun 10 @ 5:50 pm

Posted Tue 22 Jun 10 @ 6:06 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
jpboggis wrote :

I love this command but I want to add 1 thing - goto first beat for a normal press, or delete cue only when the button is held.

HOTCUE_DELETE - down ? set '%hotcue_delete' : goto_first_beat

But this is not working, it jut sets delete mode and jumps to the first beat and stops playback when I release it. Then I can't get out of delete mode.

Also I am playing with the loop mode button. I only want auto loop when holding the auto loop button. This way, as soon as I release it, I am ready to hit loop out at any time, without having to press the auto loop button, to get out of autoloop mode. I have made a few mistakes forgetting to to cylcle out of auto loop mode and have not been able to hit loop out untill I fix it. I think it should be:

LOOP_MODE - '%loop_num' while_pressed

But this just never goes into to auto loop mode at all. Jut normal oeration (In/Out/Select/Reloop). Any advice? Thanks

Posted Mon 28 Jun 10 @ 11:41 am
For the first, assuming it's a normal button that presses and releases, then:

HOTCUE_DELETE = holding ? toggle '%hotcue_delete' : goto_first_beat

LED_HOTCUE_DELETE = var '%hotcue_delete'

This will toggle the status of hotcue delete when holding the button down and releasing, otherwise will go to the first beat.

Or:

HOTCUE_DELETE = set '%hotcue_delete' 1 & holding ? set '%hotcue_delete' 0 : goto_first_beat & set '%hotcue_delete' 0

This will set hotcue delete while the button is held down, and will go to the first beat if it's clicked.

For LOOP_MODE, you are missing the verb 'set' to set the variable, e.g:

LOOP_MODE = set '%loop_num' 1 while_pressed

Posted Mon 28 Jun 10 @ 11:58 am
hey i have a numark m1usb but i cant seem the find the 2 souundcards (built in) in the config menu on virtual dj when trying to set it up. It only picks up the 1 'usb audio codec' on my previous PC (now have macbook pro) it had 'usb audio codec(1)' which i could assign to left channel then the same but with (2) instead of 1 to the right channel. So obv the music come out of one channel on my mixer i cannot assign the other channel to the other built in soundcard?? Help please.

Posted Mon 28 Jun 10 @ 12:56 pm
jpboggis wrote :
For the first, assuming it's a normal button that presses and releases, then:

HOTCUE_DELETE = holding ? toggle '%hotcue_delete' : goto_first_beat

Thanks jpboggies, It is a normal button and I will try those when I get home. But with the "holding ?" and "toggle" parts, I am not sure I phrased what I am trying to do correctly.

I want it to only delete the hot cue if the delete key and the the number are pressed together. The exact same way you made this work:

I am just trying to aviod toggling on / off the hot cue delete, in case I forget to turn it off (I am new and still fumble a bit).

But, I want to add the "goto_first_beat" part if I just press the delete key only. I am not sure if that is possible or reasonable, but that is what I was trying to do.

Thanks for all the help you give around here too, you truly are a mapping guru!

Posted Mon 28 Jun 10 @ 2:29 pm
In that case you wll need to use the mapping:

HOTCUE_DELETE = set '%hotcue_delete' 1 & holding ? set '%hotcue_delete' 0 : goto_first_beat & set '%hotcue_delete' 0

This will enable delete cue while the button is held down and go to the first beat if the button is clicked (Pressed and released.)

Posted Mon 28 Jun 10 @ 4:46 pm
That all works perfect, thank you.

Posted Tue 29 Jun 10 @ 7:17 am
Gud day i have a new mark virtual vinyl the problem is my acer loptop working with windows7 wont be able to detect the hardware everytym i plug in the usb sound card it always said fail to install hardware or not recogenize. now im just using the maya 44 to be able to use the soft ware and the sound quality aint impresive.

Posted Sat 03 Jul 10 @ 8:48 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
anak_ni_bakokok wrote :
Gud day i have a new mark virtual vinyl the problem is my acer loptop working with windows7 wont be able to detect the hardware everytym i plug in the usb sound card it always said fail to install hardware or not recogenize. now im just using the maya 44 to be able to use the soft ware and the sound quality aint impresive.

Hello please go here for the latest drivers.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/126997/Hardware_Technical_Support/_NUMARK_VIRTUAL_VINYL__64_bit_drivers.html

Posted Wed 07 Jul 10 @ 9:17 am
Hello, Im currently running the most recent trial version for virtual dj and my set up is (2) Numark NDX800, Numark M3, Dj IO and Sony Vaio duo core 2.0 ghz.
***My question is regarding using the NDX 800's as midi controllers. Certain functions on the player don't respond with vdj and and the led circle around the jog wheel doesn't move with music playing on the deck on vdj. Is this normal, or is their a fix for that. I hooked up my Numark ICDX with the demo and all the functions worked fine, its just that im having issues with NDX 800's. I would be happy to purchase to vdj, but first I have to make sure its going to work with my 800's.***

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(note: I do have the most up to date firmware on the tables, but same issue)

Posted Wed 07 Jul 10 @ 11:09 pm
Anybody? or am I in the wrong section of the forum?

Posted Thu 08 Jul 10 @ 9:29 pm
Ok so I bought the NS7 and I love it. I also have found a love for ITCH because it really makes me work as a DJ. I want to use my NS7 with VDJ but the lag is killing me. I have asked the question several times and trying to get the right answer. I have watched videos of Larry D using the NS7 with VDJ flawlessly. I have my settings the same as his I think but, I still have the lag. Please help?

Posted Fri 09 Jul 10 @ 4:26 pm
37%