Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 30

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

xfosxPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have plugged it up & the device is detected as an ndx800 in windows 7.

Once its all done detecting I start up the program and when I look under midi there was nothing; so I rescanned it. Unfortunately, nothing is still showing up & i have no control of the software. Can anyone help me? thanks in advance!

*I installed the 6.1 demo and it works so that means Cue 6.07 is not detecting it properly.

Posted Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 4:38 pm
FLUXXDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yes the NSFX works...Yes the NSFX works. Care to ask again? I posted a thread under hardware forum, titled NS7 and NSFX work flawlessly with VDj. Anyone having problems check out my thread and write me if I can maybe help. The mappers for the NSFX are killer!! Anyone with an NS7 should get an NSFX as it will open new mixing possibilities under VDj. Vdj 6.1 is rock solid with the NS7 and NSFX, I don't know what Numark was thinking by branding it with the ITCH logo, just pisses me off everytime I see it. Thankyou again VDj for out supporting Serato on the NS7 and NSFX. Keep mixxing everybody....

Posted Sat 05 Jun 10 @ 6:00 pm
I'm trying to set up Virtual DJ with my numark ns7 controller. Running windows vista32 but about to update to windows 7. I have VDJ 6.03 I believe. Have the config set to inputs = nothing, outputs = headphones and soundcard at ASIO with the numark ns7 audio controller. The NS7 won't recognize it. My pitch won't light up and nothing is controllable. I don't like ITCH whatsoever and I'd like to use Virtual DJ becauuse its a much better program. Please help! I've set up the configs, restarted everything idk what's wrong.

Posted Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 10:43 am
Djkerry7-- I left you a message on your wall. Get back to me with some info using your wall not this thread, ok. I need to know why you are not a licensed user before we go too far. cya buddy

Posted Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 12:17 pm
Idk why I'm not a licensed user. I don't see why it makes a difference. And Idk how to use my wall. I don't visit this site ever sorry

[Please don't quote the post right before your message - This is unnecessary and also makes your message more difficult to read when the quoted text is not properly distinguished from your own reply.]

Posted Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 3:55 pm
Is there any support for the new X7 mixer in VDJ?

Posted Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 5:29 pm

Posted Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 5:42 pm
DjKerry7, your wall is located on your homepage . scroll up on you will see an homepage option. click it and you will see your wall where you and others can post messages for you. Is your copy or V DJ legit? If its not, then you will have problems, thats why I wanted to know, andyou'll get no help. If it is a trial version then it is full program with time limit, but the ns7 will work. Once I know you are legit I can help you with your NS7 configuration. Trust me spend the time doing this and you will see how VDj and the NS7 make magic together, and you will buy the full version. ITCH at this point in time is not even on the same plane as VDj. Hope to hear from you soon on your wall.. cya

Posted Mon 07 Jun 10 @ 10:11 pm
I'm sorry, but it won't let me write on it. And Its a trial

Posted Tue 08 Jun 10 @ 9:19 am
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
cstoll wrote :

djjochi ... sorry to ask, but do you not know how to post in a forum and or read a forum ???

My very first statement answering your first post of the question - "NSFX was added to the latest version 6.1"

Second, you quoted a post (which I removed the quoting) that had nothing to do with your question.

So, I don't know where I failed in communicating that it was ADDED in 6.1 ... so if you are not running 6.1 just upgrade by visiting your Download Center - http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

I think you are going a little to far with your question. If I asked a question it was because I did'nt know. I alrteady install 6.1.

Posted Tue 08 Jun 10 @ 3:05 pm
---->Djkerry7, okay buddy. Lets get that ns7 pumpin vdj. First of all, get the new vdj pro 6.1 pro trial. Has all the full functions just a time trial. Then goto numark.com and look for the ns7 under products. You will get a page dedicated to the ns7 with videos and tech info and documents and downloads. Goto d/l and get the correct driver/firmware package for your O/S. If you are using vista 32 bit, then use that driver package. They have a driver package for every windows system and bit. So make sure you d/l the right one. Okay, now open it up and read the readme file before you do anything!! It is very important that you follow the readme files instructions to the key. Okay? If not your install of the drivers and firmware will be wrong, there is a particular order in which it must be done. And when it ask you to turn on the ns7 or off, just unplug the usb cable, while leaving the ns7 on the whole time. After you have done this, you should be able to start up vdj and your ns7 should be ready to dance. Make sure your audio setp has input = to none and output = to headphone. I use the 7 ms asio setting. When you click the asio setup you should get a window showing the driver version along with the firmware version and your latency settings. Okay? IN your performance settings make sure the audio latency is set to AUTO. And go with basic settin gs for everything elese there, there is no need to use high end settings here trust me. I use fast master tempo setting, basic interpolation. I select quality for scratching with smooth filter and filter size of 11. This should work for you to get you started. If not let me know and we will \T/S it. ITs taken me along time to get everything in VDj working flawlessly but now that it does. I cant stop mixxing. Im addicted to My NS7 and VDj. Somebody help me... please...Oh yeah, to anyone else, if this discussion belongs in a different thread, please let me know. And Djkerry7, I have used all the top dj softwares out there. Take the time to make the necessary adjustmnets, the staff here is great at answering questions. Use the forums, lots of valuable info in them. As I was saying, for the price of this software compared to others, it has more to offer in terms of stability, flexibility, customability to the user, and video man!! MIxxing video with embedded edffects and wild transitions. You can't beat it buddy. Imagine your in the club mixxing it up on 20 flat screens to a packed house. Someone ask you to do a shout out for a b-day girl. You scroll her name across the screen as the video is still playing congratulating her while the show goes on. Then you notice these fine chicks dancing near one of your cameras you have linked to your system and you click the camera plugin and now those hot chicks are being viewed on all 20 screens while the music continues. Im telling you bro its insane. The possibilities are endless. I could go on and on but I'm gonna mix somemore on my NS7. Anyone dissing the NS7 is plain jealous or cant afford one. This digital turntable feels just like an real direct drive turntable and responds the same with just more functionality. Numark hit a homerun with this one for sure.

Posted Tue 08 Jun 10 @ 6:15 pm
kk thanks for your help, just one last question. How do you get the stop/start times to work??

Posted Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 7:35 pm
You dont. At least not the same as they work in ITCH which is set the start ans stop times of the vynyl. But I never use that anyway. I mean what good does that do? If you need a brake effect, theere is already a plugin for that and it is adjustable. So I really dont see why they do this option of being able to set the stop and start time of a record. But, I took one of those knobs and mapped it to the key changer. Now I can use the stop button to change the key of the music on the fly with the twist of a knob. To me that is way cooler than the ITCH option. But to each thir own. And your welcome... have fun Somebody give me a star :}

Posted Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 8:05 pm
obdj32PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I just picked up a mixdeck and have problems with vdj just stopping sporatically for no particular reason at all. I have all the latest drivers and updates installed and currently running 6.0.8. When the track stops playing and I go to load a track onto the deck a dialog box pops up that says "There is currently a track playing on this deck. Are you sure you want to load a new track", but there's nothing playing and the computer screen even shows that nothing is playing on the deck. Also, for many tracks, the bpm is different on the computer screen and what the display reads on the mixdeck, and it's off by a pretty large margin most of the time. Last but not least, installing the new drivers for the mixdeck on my computer has somehow screwed up how my total control functions now. One side of the decks is always in scratch mode. In other words if the scratch mode is turned on, deck a will be in scratch mode and deck b will just stay in regular mode and when I turn scratch mode off deck a will go to regular mode, but deck b will go to scratch mode. HELP!!!

Posted Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 1:12 pm
Try upgrading for free to the latest v6.1 - http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

The problem you are having with the Total Control is because you have toggled one of the decks to scratch mode - Either via the VitualDJ's skin or on the MixDeck. The SCRATCH button on the Total Control simply swaps both decks to the opposite state.

One way to correct is to simply go to CONFIG -> Options and toggle Jog Mode from there.

Posted Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 2:39 pm
i just got a numark dj-io and when i set it up in virtual dj as headphones / 4.1 soundcard and master - back output and headphones on front i click apply and it just changes itself back. my mix is going though output # 2 and my monitor / pfl is going through output #1.

im on a macbook pro - snow lep
virtual dj 6.0.1
numark stealth control
and - numark dj-io

what do i need to do to stop this from happening??
thanks

Posted Sun 13 Jun 10 @ 6:05 pm
KropKilla--- I believe the DJ I/O is an ASIO device. You should select ASIO for the soundcard. And then off to the right select the Numark USB device or it reads something like that. Under outputs double check to see if that has a new option to check off when you use the above settings. Let me know if that works, or if I am wrong. I have a DJ I/O but I dont use it anymore, its been over a year since I last used it. Oh yeah, and buy the software, its the best thing going...

Posted Sun 13 Jun 10 @ 7:52 pm

Posted Sun 13 Jun 10 @ 8:19 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
NUMARK NS7
I AM HAVING A PROBLEM FIGURING OUT HOW TO MAKE THE DELETE BUTTON ON THE NS7 WORK SO THAT WHEN I PRESS IT DOWN AND HOLD IT AND AT SAME TIME WHILE PRESSING ONE OF THE HOTCUE BUTTON IT WILL DELETE THAT HOTCUE, BUT WHEN I RELEASE THE HOTCUE_DELETE BUTTON AND THEN PRESS ANY OF THE HOTCUES IT WILL SET AND OR PLAY THE CURRENT CUE FOR THAT HOTCUE BUTTON.

CURRENTLY YOU HAVE TO SELECT THE BUTTON THEN DESELECT THE BUTTON, I JUST WANT IT TO WORK THE WAY IT DOES NOW, BUT WANT IT TO ACT LIKE A MOMENTARY ON WHILE PRESSED BUTTON INSTEAD OF TOGGLE ON TOGGLE OFF
HOPE YOU CAN HELP
WHEN TOU PRESS THE 'HOTCUE_DELETE' BUTTON IT TOGGLES ON THEN YOU CAN DELETE ANY OF THE HOT CUES BY SELECTING WHICH HOTCUE YOU WANT TO DELETE., BUT THEN YOU HAVE TO PRESS THE HOTCUE DELETE BUTTON AGAIN OR IT STAYS IN DELETE MODE , WHEN OUT OF DELETE MODE IT WILL PLAY THE HOTCUE FOR EACH SELECTED HOTCUE BUTTON.

HERES THE CURRENT SCRIPT FOR THE BUTTONS

HOTCUE_ DELETE - toggle '%hotcue_delete'
HOTCUE_1 - var '%hotcue_delete' ? delete_cue 1 : hot_cue 1
HOTCUE_2 - var '%hotcue_delete' ? delete_cue 2 : hot_cue 2
AND SO ON

DJ JAMM
I PMED A GURU ALSO HOPE SOMONE CAN HELP . I FEEL LIKE A DUMBASS

THANKS

Posted Wed 16 Jun 10 @ 4:18 pm
DJJAMM wrote :
HOTCUE_ DELETE - toggle '%hotcue_delete'

Try this one: