Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 29

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

OK.. didnt mean to double post, i thought Ibroke them up, my bad.... so can you help me get the ION Discover DJ working since I cant DL the mapper that everyone says I need but now I am told that comes with 6.0.8 but still wont show wnen scanning for all devices? thanks :)

Posted Wed 12 May 10 @ 1:20 am
The mapper cannot be downloaded because as previously advised it is now built into VirtualDJ as standard. If you could still download it, it wouldn't help.

If it is not being detected, then there is another reason for this.

Does it show up in the Windows hardware list (Control Panel -> System -> Devices)?

Does it work with the software that was included with it?

Have you ever had a Logitech Webcam installed? (The driver for these interferes with and stops MIDI from working - A registry modification is required to fix it.)

What operating system are you using? And is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Posted Wed 12 May 10 @ 8:21 pm
Another possibility is the manufacturer has changed or updated the firmware and the device ID is now different.

Please do the following:

• (1) Download the following program: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe

• (2) Make sure that only the ION Discover DJ is connected to your computer.

• (3) Run MIDItrace and select the controller in both the input and output sections.

• (4) Click on the SEND button.

• (5) Copy and paste the result string that is returned.

Posted Thu 13 May 10 @ 1:11 pm
Hey guys, need some help
Just received my mixdeck yesterday. I need some help on how to map It with vdj 5.4 and things like that.
Would someone be able to help me?

Posted Tue 18 May 10 @ 8:14 am
Please do not post the same question or message more than once.

As previously advised, the MixDeck is not supported in VirtualDJ v5.

You will need the latest v6.0.8 trial to be able to use this unit including fully working LED's and displays: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/trial.html

If you already own VirtualDJ Pro, then you can upgrade to v6.0.8 for free by registering your serial number http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then going to the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Posted Tue 18 May 10 @ 4:54 pm
fadeemPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Recently purchased MacBook Pro(2.26 GHz-160 GB) to pair with Numark NS7.Downloaded & installed latest version of VDJ(as of 5-18-10).Also installed "Serato 'Itch"(& update) before hand,as instructed.Cannot get any sound with VDJ,but all the mapping & platter controls work fine.In "Sound Setup{Config.)>"Sound card" selection, there is no "Asio Driver" listed.However "Numark USB Audio Device" is selected."Itch" works fine,but VDJ Kills It. >> P.S. VDJ newest update works Great with NS7 + PC(XP Desktop). Help & Thank You.

Posted Wed 19 May 10 @ 4:33 am
Im having problems using my crossfader...
when i try to crossfae on my mixdeck it wont move on my vdj program..
is not mapped with my mixdeck and virtual dj..anyone can help me with his issue??

Posted Sat 22 May 10 @ 12:07 pm
Please do not post the same question or message more than once.

The crossfader on the MixDeck is not MIDI capable and cannot control the software in any way (E.g: For video crossfading.)

Posted Sat 22 May 10 @ 2:12 pm
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It is 12:45 Am on May 23. I just got back from doing a wedding. I was djing using virtual dj and Numark ns7. I just want to let you guys know that everybody was inpress with the way I was mixing and the sound of the music. Virtual dj 6.0.8 is working so fine. The teamer are making a great job. Hopefully soon we can get the mic to work, also I hope we can get the start and stop botton and the high and low torque to work Just to let you know i started djing with itch, but is not as good as virtual dj.

Posted Sat 22 May 10 @ 11:47 pm
DJadamtPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi

I've been having problems with my Numark V7's was not connecting with VDJ was been picked up but wasn't recognising the mapper, anyway turned out it was that my IDS has been changed apparently Numark changed the IDSys on some of there V7's & NS7's so was told that where now waiting for a solution from numark & the Dev team, i was told to keep an eye out on this forum for an answer. was just wondering if you now how long it will take (ruff idea) also will the update be a new driver or a update for VDJ eg 9.0.9 just so i no what to look out for?

Posted Sun 23 May 10 @ 6:16 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 23 May 10 @ 9:21 am
First of all, I just want to say thank you for good technical support with the numark products.

Now, here's my problem, I just upgraded my virtual dj from 5.2.1 to 6.0.8 or whatever (the latest one) mainly because when I am DJing, my iCDX's will spazz out and VDJ will freeze up. I am running 2 Numark iCDX's, hooked up to vdj via MIDI / USB HID.

Now when i try to scratch in VDJ 6, there is a delay when after I am done scratching, the song dosent immediately start up like it did in VDJ 5.2.1 ... when i scratch with my mouse, the song starts back up immediately, with no hesitation. But like I said, when I scratch with the iCDX's, there is a delay when I am done scratching. I updated my iCDX's less than a year ago with the latest firmware update. Is there anything else I can do?

Please let me know.

Thank you!

Posted Sun 23 May 10 @ 2:56 pm
DJadamtPRO InfinityMember since 2008
to cstoll

thanks for letting me know there was a new version out had no idea was still using 6.8 would have been waiting months lol yeah i upgraded & it's working fine now problem solved

thanks

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 12:21 am
Does any one here know if the NSFX is working? I'm about to buy one!

Posted Wed 26 May 10 @ 11:05 am
NSFX was added to the latest version 6.1

And here is the mapping that is provided ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an advanced mapping of the Numark NSFX that takes full advantage of the Source selection knob to provide access to not only FX, but Video and Mixer controls.

SOURCE Knob on A - Left Deck
You have access to the FX as labeled on the NSFX. If you press the SELECT knob it toggles the controls into Sampler control mode.
If right deck Source on A the right deck controls only have access to control Deck A's FX - not sampler

SOURCE Knob on B - Right Deck:
You have access to the FX as labeled on the NSFX. If you press the SELECT knob it toggles the controls into Sampler control mode.
If left deck Source on B the right deck controls only have access to control Deck B's FX - not sampler

TAP - Beat Tap
FX Mode -
FX - Activate the FX
FX_PARAM - FX Slider 2
FX_MIX - FX Slider 1
FX_SELECT - Select the Effect

SAMPLER Mode -
FX - Sample Activate
FX_PARAM - Sampler Volume
FX_MIX - Nothing
FX_SELECT - Select the Sample bank

SOURCE Knob on AUX - Control the Video Features
TAP - Activate Video Transition
FX - Activate the Video FX
FX_PARAM - Select the Video FX
FX_MIX - control the video crossfader
FX_SELECT - Select the Transition

SOURCE Knob on MAIN - Enhanced Loop and Audio Crossfader
TAP - Reloop Exit
FX - Loop
FX_PARAM - Loop Half (turned left) : Loop Double (turned right)
FX_MIX - control audio crossfader
FX_SELECT - Loop Move

The TAP LED will indicate what mode you are in -
If in the matching sides deck mode - Left on A and Right on B - then the Tap LED responds to get beat action in WHITE
If in the opposite side deck mode - Left on B and Right on A - then the Tap LED has the steady blink in RED
If in AUX - then the Tap LED is ON in RED
If in MAIN - then the Tap LED is ON in WHITE

Posted Wed 26 May 10 @ 6:05 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Just did a test drive on the NS7 with itch and it works flawlessly. I read that the NS7 has some new tech, that lets it talk to the comp 10x faster then other midi controllers. I was wondering if VDJ or Numark Cue take advantage of this new tech, and if I can expect similar performance, speed and accuracy from the NS7 or V7's with VDJ or Cue.

Posted Wed 26 May 10 @ 7:16 pm

Does the Nsfx is working with virtual dj 6.0.8 ? Pleasde let me know I Just bougth it and I will like to know how to configure!

Posted Sat 29 May 10 @ 9:29 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Don't think so, it didn't for me anyway. But it does work with 6.1. I just got mine working last week

Posted Sun 30 May 10 @ 8:56 am

djjochi ... sorry to ask, but do you not know how to post in a forum and or read a forum ???

My very first statement answering your first post of the question - "NSFX was added to the latest version 6.1"

Second, you quoted a post (which I removed the quoting) that had nothing to do with your question.

So, I don't know where I failed in communicating that it was ADDED in 6.1 ... so if you are not running 6.1 just upgrade by visiting your Download Center - http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Posted Sun 30 May 10 @ 11:52 am
xfosxPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I am currently running Numark Cue 6.0.7 (the latest version of Cue available). My Numark NDX800 just came in and I was wondering if you could send me the mapper you guys made for it? I know you have it natively supported in 6.0.8 but as Numark hasn't updated it, I am out of luck 8/. Thank you in advance!

Posted Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 3:06 pm
35%